godhead [COMPLETED]

By uncouthwriter

Calla was a dreamer; always cherishing the idea of marriage while dreaming of her happily ever after: a magic... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
Epilogue

52

483 32 21
By uncouthwriter

Calla

I wake up the next day, feeling a little bit better. I wondered why Donatello had come to check up on me last night, even after I had told him I was fine.
Perhaps he knew?

I had decided before my sleep to tell Donatello my truth. Not only had Ms. Montonia persuaded me, but Picazzo.
My rouge had gone on far enough.

I sat up from the covers, lifting my arms and stretching them to the skies. Perhaps I would eat breakfast before I searched for Donatello.

Just as I begin my descent from the bed, I see a bright crisp note on my dresser.

Empress,
Meet me at the city center at 10am sharp. Do wear comfortable clothing,
Gloria

I smiled at the pleasant note. I didn't not know if I could trust Ms. Montonia just yet. I wished to, ever so much, but knew my willingness in accepting people kindness had gotten me into trouble in the past. I was hesitant trusting people since Vanessa and Leo.

Strangely enough, Ms Montonia had a different air to her. She was pleasant and her heart seemed genuine; she was more open with her intentions.

I picked out the prettiest green dress that highlighted the rich color of my tone. The fabric was synched in the waist; it still showed off my curves while hiding my bump. Hopefully I would see Donatello today. I would hate to waste such a pretty dress.

——

"We are here empress" Joffre announced. stopping the carriage just near the city center. He helped me down the short steps, escorting me through the bustle and excitement of the crowds.

Of course I had confessed to Joffre(the general)  about my rouge. He was the only man that could successfully carry out the coupe. I had told a lot of people of my rouge; Lizabeth, Oslo, Ms. Montonia... amongst many others.

The only person left to tell was Donatello.

"She said she would be here by 11? Wherever could she possibly be?" I cursed, tiptoeing to look above the height of the crowds. The city center was decorated in festive fashion. Small games of tricks were scattered across the grounds while tents and carts filed with craftspeople littered the center. I saw Donatello in the distance near a tent, bending over a small bin of paints?

But why was he here?

"Donatello?" I stood behind him, making sure to keep my distance. I wasn't sure if Laura was at his heel.

"Empress?" He turned around and smiled staring me down. "Empress? What a pleasure seeing you here" I blushed and smiled girlishly.

"How are you? I mean..since last night?" There was concern in his voice.

"Better. In better spirits as well. Thank you." I nodded. I look down to the set of paints in his hands and giggled. "What are you doing here?"

"Well my mother said to meet here for a day of errands?"

"Really?"

He hummed, gently pushing the paints to the table to pay.

"Your mother told me the same?" I smirked, relishing in her deception. It was one I did not mind.

"Did she?" He asked, turning around to face me. I pulled out the crinkled letter and showed it to him. He pulled out his own and pressed it into my palms.

We giggled and laughed until we both caught our breaths.

"My dear mother" he sighed, pushing the paints into his leather satchel. I only took in his outfit just now. Gone were the pressed coats and tight handkerchiefs that swallowed his neck, showing off his class. He dawned a soft white blouse, open at the chest with some loose tailored pants. He looked so delicious.

"It seemed as there has been a misunderstanding of some sort?"

"Maybe some loss of communication?" I goaded on. He scratched his beard and looked around, turning his head each way in an attempt to spot her.

"She is nowhere to be seen?"

I smirked thanking her for her convenient situation.

"I had to cancel a fitting with Isabel."

"A dress fitting for the wedding ceremony?" I tried to hide the bitterness in my voice.

"Yes, it is just a few weeks away." He answered, gently pushing his curls to the side.

His timeline did not worry me. I would cease those wedding plans soon. Today most preferably, right after I told him.

"You know...My mother was the only reason Isabel allowed me to come"

"Really? She allowed you? What! Does she not trust me?" I frowned, pretending to be dismayed by his apparent revelation.

He chuckled but shrugged. "I wouldn't take who she does and doesn't trust to heart empress. She did not like me a couple of weeks ago" He smirked.

I nodded, and gathered my dress, heading back to the carriage. "Well, I deem it best we not...hang. I would hate to get you in trouble for something as innocent as a miscommunication Donatello"

I continued my trek wondering how far he would go to keep me near.

"Empress!" he called out to me, making me halt my steps.

"Yes Donatello?" I turned my attention back to him.

"Have you ever been to Spain?"

I shook my head no, making sure each curl landed gracefully against my cheek. "It is my first time"
He had known I had never been.

"Let me show you then?" I didn't know whether it was a question or a command.

"Are you telling me Donatello or asking me?"

He smiled, crossing his arms above his chest before shrugging. "Only you can answer that empress" he teased.

——

We walked around the fair grounds going to each vendor. Donatello did not deprive me of funds, buying anything and eveything I wanted. We had a grand old time, talking again like we had never been separated.

"I thought we would draw a crowd? The famed painter Donatello and the young empress of Genovia?" I vocalize my thoughts aloud. Surprisingly, the people of Spain were calm.
A few came and greeted us but kept it brief.

"I am surprised the people are so polite here"

"They understand you are here in vacation so they leave you be. They know how the emperor is." He looked at me and cursed, visibly embarrassed by his confession. "Empress... I apologize"

"What rumors do they say Donatello?"

"Nothing! He is a just and sane mane!" Donatello was cute but he was the worst liar.
I stop our path and focus my gaze.

"I want to know" I whispered, looking into his eyes.

Blah blah blah he told her how horrible Leo was.

I was quiet and looked away. Leo was like that. I could not lie and deny it. Many had believed him to change for the better after my accident but Leo would never change. I saw glimpses of his evilness when we sat by the fire or I said something to noble and free spirited.
I knew one thing for certain.  Leonardo loved me... even more than I even loved myself. But I did not love him... only Donatello.
He knew this which is why he hadn't changed. If he knew I was here with Donatello in Spain trying to whoo his heart....

No bother, Leo would not dampen my day.

"Have you spoken with your family? Sarai and them?" Donatello asks, stopping at another fair game.

I smiled but played dumb.
"How do you know of my sister Donatello?"

"Ughh....." he stumbled trying to think of a valid excuse. "When I painted you empress, you told me"

So he was still refusing to admit he was my lover? That was enough of this!

"Hungry?" He chimed, looking around to find a place to eat. I nodded.

We go to a tall street cart. The rich smell of roasted cream and caramel tickled my nostrils. Donatello ordered while I stood behind him. I had some money in my coin purse but Donatello refused it, paying for the treats.

"It's a sweet treat. Dulce de lèche" he invited me to try it. I took a chunk with my spoon and hummed in approval. It was delicious!

We only shared one treat.  Two would be impossible to finish.
And how perfect we both looked! We were an attractive pair. Anyone walking past us would have thought us a married couple.

He would take a bite then I would take another. I would take two then he would take three.

He pulled out his handkerchief and wiped my lips clean, gently running a finger against my lip.
A timid breath escaped my lips as I stared into his eyes.

Closer and closer we came, our lips eager to part each other's. I guess the spirit of his fiancé had nudge it's way in.
He caught onto his forwardness and pulled away, to lengthen his distance.

"Donatello" I grabbed his wrists, intertwining my fingers into his.

"...I need air." He stood, snatching his hand away. I followed after him, throwing the rest of treat onto the floor.

"Donatello wait!" I pulled his wrist, begging him to stop.  He turns his head to me and frowns holding my wrists before releasing them again.

"Empress I think the lines have been crossed.
Maybe I was mistaken with my affections or choice of words?."

"Donatello? I thought..."

"No... I don't blame you but it seems as if you have mistaken me for...well the boundaries"

"What boundaries?" I ask?, tilting my head to face his. He grabbed my neck, pulling my jaw to his before scanning my features. It was if...he wanted to say something but wouldn't allow himself to.

He must know by now! Why couldn't he just say it!

"Look empress...I am unsure how much you remember but Leo is your husband. Both of us have forgotten our decorum."

A few people lingered as they watched us from afar.
He slowly let my jaw go, realizing the compromising position we were in. Gossip had no class. His fiancé would know soon if our contact few more than this.

He pulled away from my body and pushed his satchel behind him, staring to the ground.

"Come, I'll escort you back to your carriage empress he mutters, before starting the freak to the city center. I had no choice but to follow him....

Author Note
You're gonna see the unraveling of Donatello in the next chapter (aka what happened to him after Leo sent him away from Genovia" and then!

Calla is gonna spit it out in the next chapter or the one after cause I'm tired of this "I will tell Donatello!" Arc

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 609 34
A Fairytale Princess who has a penchant for getting into trouble. A Steampunk Inventor with a keen mind and mysterious origin. What will happen when...
4.6K 240 35
Princess Isabela Dmitria Luciana Vaduva of Acriania is well aware of how her story is supposed to go--stay closeted, become 'King Samuilu', marry a p...
218 17 9
The life of Luo Yingxiao is humble, simple, and outright peaceful. She came from two wonderful kind-hearted farmer parents that raised her into this...
70K 1.2K 22
It is forbidden. It should be impossible. But Lavena- a human- has been Marked: claimed forever as a dragons mate. And not just any dragon... the Dra...