In another life (Draco x read...

By changetyre

Y/N arrives at Hogwarts ready to start a new life at school, she's fallen in love but it comes with way more... More

My letter (p1)
The Sorting Ceremony (p2)
Advanced Classes (p3)
The End of Year (p4)
Writer comment
Back to School (p5)
First crush (p6)
Slytherins new seeker (7)
Petrification (p8)
My first encounter (p9)
The Hospital Wing (p10)
Writer comment
Dark ride to School(p11)
Divination (p12)
Care for Magical Creatures (p13)
Defense Against the Dark Arts (p14)
Heartbreak (p15)
Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff (p16)
Hogsmeade (p17)
Lockdown in the great hall (p18)
The Prisoner of Azkaban (p19)
The Full Moon (p20)
Year 4 (writer comment)
The Burrow (p21)
Tents (p22)
The Quidditch Cup (p23)
Beauxbatons girls and Durmstrang boys (p24)
The unforgivable curses (p25)
The Goblet of Fire (p26)
Clearing things up (27)
Ferret (p28)
The first task (p29)
Preparation for the ball (p30)
The Yule ball (p31)
Confrontation (p32)
The golden egg (p33)
The Second Task (p34)
Time with him (p35)
The Final task (p36)
Remember Cedric Diggory (p37)
Writer comment
12 Grimmauld Place (p38)
First DADA class (p39)
Endless lines(40)
Dumbledore's Army (41)
Severe Punishment (42)
Double Date? (43)
OWLs (44)
Department of Mysteries (45)
Writer comment
Year 6 (46)
Not again (47)
Amortentia (48)
Quidditch (49)
The Malfoy Manor (50)
Slug Club (51)
Grabbing a bite (52)
The Christmas holidays (53)
Plan A (55)
Plan B (56)
Sectumsempra (57)
The Final Plan (58)
Choosing sides (59)
Writer comment
Alone?(60)
Battle of the Potters (61)
The wedding (62)
School? (63)
Reunited (64)
Classes with the Carrows (65)
Come and Go (66)
Prisoner (67)
Empty mansion (68)
Together? (69)
Help (70)
Escape (71)
Shell Cottage (72)
Preparation (73)
The calm before the storm (74)
The start (75)
Time (76)
The Bridge (77)
Flames (78)
Loss (79)
Pick a side (80)
It's over (81)
A couple of years later (82)
THE END

Fire (54)

554 10 2
By changetyre

Draco and I had begun getting a little frustrated at the fact that weren't quicker figuring something out. Though we both knew deep down we were kind of glad it was taking this long since both of us dreaded the day we actually had to kill Dumbledore. I had especially been struggling with the fact that I had been ignoring a lot of people's letters including Remus. I wanted so badly to ask for help, to tell them the position I was in but I knew this would only put them and my parents in danger. Instead, I resorted to sending one simple letter to them all knowing they would be spending Christmas together. 

Dear all, 

I am doing perfectly fine there is no reason to worry about me. I've actually got my hands full with Advanced Potions and all. I apologize for not replying to your letters I've just been so busy I've forgotten to reply. I hope you all are doing well and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Please take care. 

Love, y/n 

I tried not to come up with such an extensive excuse since I was getting tired of all the lies. I wanted so badly for all of this to be over but I knew we still had a long way. 

On Christmas day Draco and I had satisfied ourselves with the idea we would sneak to the kitchen at night and have our own fun except this plan blew up on our faces. We were called into Snape's office, it was already dark. 

"Voldemort wishes to see you both at the manor," Snape told us once we were inside. 

I tensed up and felt my breath hitch. "We've been trying our best, we need more time, I'm-" Draco began arguing. 

"Yes Mr.Malfoy I know that but you must still answer his call you know that very well." Snape interrupted him sternly. 

"Ok, I'll go, there's no need for her to come," Draco stated 

"I'm afraid that's not possible, he specifically asked for Miss y/l/n to be there. But you might want to hide your secret romance." He eyed us both before walking out of his office, leaving us there. 

Draco and I turned to look at each other and we both could see we were visibly stressed. 

"I'm sure he only wants an update" Draco tried to comfort me. 

"We have to listen to what Snape said we can't let him know about us ok?" I reminded him.

He nodded "Yes ok." He assured me. 

"Draco you have to promise me that no matter what happens and no matter what he might do to me you can't let him know you care about me," I warned him once more. 

I saw him act uncomfortable at the thought. He simply nodded this time saying nothing. 

Snape came back at that moment. "Let's go." He instructed and we followed him. 

_____

Once more we were at the entrance of the manor, Draco and I tried to maintain a distance between us in an attempt to avoid any sort of suspicion. We walked inside and I could see Draco was incredibly tense despite the fact he was in his own home. Narcissa made her way forward and held Draco in an awkward embrace all I could think of now was my parents and knowing they were somewhere in this house. 

"Draco, y/n. Severus tells me you've been maintaining focus on your task." Voldemort began walking towards us. 

"Yes my lord, we've got a plan we're just working out the last few details," Draco answered him with a shaky voice. 

"Very well, I'm becoming impatient," Voldemort replied sternly. "Now Miss y/l/n, I've heard you're a good friend of Harry Potter." He accentuated the name. 

My eyes immediately searched for Snape and once we locked eyes I could see a slight concern in his eyes as well. "Not really." was all I said. 

"Do not lie to me!" Voldemort screamed as I was shoved forward by Bellatrix causing me to fall to the ground in front of him. I saw Draco flinch slightly but being held back unnoticeably by his mother who looked confused at his actions. 

"I've not spoken to him this year! We fell apart after Sirius's death!" I screamed back glaring at Bellatrix at my last words. 

I could see rage build up in Voldemort's eyes "Very well then, don't make the same mistake as your mother." Voldemort spat pointing his wand at me for a couple of seconds. "Go!" Voldemort instructed and I saw as a couple of death eaters disappeared from their spots. "Burn the place if you have to!" Voldemort screamed just before the last few death eaters left. 

"Where are they going?" I asked cautiously. 

Voldemort laughed "We found Potter, he and his blood traitor friends will be getting a heartwarming Christmas present from me." He laughed again. 

I turned back to look at Snape but he was too good at maintaining a straight face "Please no-" I started before I felt a blow to my face. Voldemort had scratched me across the face. 

"Shut up! Do as your told or your parents will suffer the consequences. Now go away!" He screamed. 

I quickly got up and place my hand over my cheek where I could feel some blood trickling down. Snape, Draco, and I stepped out of the front door, and as soon as the door shut Draco rushed to my side. 

"Why can't you just stay quiet!" He asked me angrily. I ignored him and ran up to catch up with Snape who was a few feet in front of us. 

"We have to warn them, they're all there, Remus and Tonks-" I began telling him feeling nothing but worry. 

"Be quiet!" That was all he muttered before we were outside the gates. 

We apparated back to Hogwarts and as we walked back to the castle Draco was using his wand to heal my scratches. I couldn't focus on anything my mind purely on what was going down at the burrow if anyone was dead. The feeling of uselessness was killing me. 

Once we were inside the castle I made my way back to the Gryffindor Common room completely ignoring Draco's calls for me. I paced back and forth in my room, which luckily was occupied only by me for now, thinking of a way to help even though I knew it would be too late already. 

___

I stayed awake all night thinking about the Weasleys, Harry, Remus, Tonks, and the burrow just hoping they were all ok. I decided I'd had enough waiting so I got up and cleaned myself up quickly then made my way to Snape's office. I barged in not bothering to knock. 

"I need to know what happened, I need to know if they're ok," I asked Snape with urgency in my voice. 

I could see Snape was bothered by my entrance but decided not to mention it "The burrow was burned to ashes" I gasped "But everyone managed to get out, They're all fine Miss y/l/n. If that weren't the case I would have let you know immediately." He added. I sighed in relief. 

"Where will they go?" I asked waiting for more answers. 

"That I do not know, now I would appreciate it if you left my office I have other matters to attend to." Snape ushered me out. 

I ran back to my dorm room and decided to write the Weasleys and Harry a letter. 

Dear Family, 

Snape told me about the attack last night. I am terribly sorry for the fire, I wish I could have been there to help. As I'd told Harry and Ron my house is currently empty and it will be for a while given that my parents have decided to extend their holidays. I've asked for their permission and we wanted to invite you to stay at our house for as long as you'd like. There is plenty of space and Ginny can have my room. I won't take no for an answer. Attached to the letter is a spare key to the back door. Feel free to use as many protective spells as you wish. Once more I'm terribly sorry and hope you're all alright. 

Love y/n.  

I couldn't help but feel responsible for what had happened to the burrow and felt that this would be the least I could do given the fact that my house was practically abandoned now and this would be a good use for it. Not many hours later I received a letter with a large box accompanying it. 

Dearest y/n, 

We thank you dearly for offering us your home, we will in fact dare to take you up on it. We're all alright just a little shook from the events. Once again we can't thank you enough for your kindness and we hope to see you soon for a proper thank you. Merry Christmas dear, we've sent a present for you from us all.  

All our love, 
the Weasley's. 

Given the kindness and love emitted from the letter, I knew instantly Molly had written back. And once I opened the box and found a knitted sweater with my initial on it my suspicions were confirmed. I felt a little relief they had in fact accepted the offer feeling a little less useless than I did the night before. I now more than ever wanted nothing more than to be done with the task at hand so I made my way over to the room of requirements to continue working on the vanishing cabinet skipping breakfast. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 2.5K 120
Living in a pure blood family is tough and it only gets harder after attending Hogwarts . You're family is close friends with the malfoys whilst your...
116K 1.4K 40
under editing. this story includes : - fluff - angst - crack - au ------- 𝐻𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑘 : #14 on draco #18 on hufflepuff #369 on wattpad ...
3.4M 74.5K 76
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE READ!!! This story contains a bit of sexual violence, gore, and a lot of mature language. Please read at your own risk and/or ment...
14.8K 1.3K 17
[COMPLETED] This is the story of (Y/N), a student from Beauxbatons who has been transferred to Hogwarts. There she is gonna find out that her fate is...