godhead [COMPLETED]

By uncouthwriter

Calla was a dreamer; always cherishing the idea of marriage while dreaming of her happily ever after: a magic... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
Epilogue

43

665 51 53
By uncouthwriter

Calla

Leo lifted one of my legs over his shoulders as he deepened his stroke; his forehead, perspiring as he pounded into me. I only turned my head away, stifling my moans as he rocked my core. I refused to let him hear how satisfied I was.

I may as well admit to you now that Lizabeth was right.

I was changing and ignoring the mission at hand. Leo's loving and newfound character had been so pleasant that I had forgotten the man who loved me despite all my flaws.
Despite my broken heart.
Donatello was my true love.

"You're not enjoying this?" He cursed, gently pushing himself deeper. Our nights were usually magical but lately, I could not enjoy myself and found myself thinking about Donatello...
I missed him.

"No, I am... I am.." I lied, covering my mouth to stifle yet another moan. He pulled out and laid atop of me, pulling my jaw to face his.

"What's on your mind?" he asks, running a tender palm against my brow. I held the necklace Donatello had given me in my palm and frowned. I had decided after a long walk in the garden, after my argument with Lizabeth, that I would confront Leo about his whereabouts. I had a right to know where Donatello was or if he was even alive. I prayed he was.

"I want to know who Donatello is?" I said carefully, making sure to meet Leo's gaze. He snapped his head as swift as a hare before looking into my eyes.

"Who told you that name." He seethed, grabbing the edge of my jaw.

"Leo.." I whispered, reminding him of his dangerous grip. Carefully, he released it before kissing my lips.

"I'm sorry" he cursed, wiping the edge of my lips. He remained silent, impatient to hear the tale of how I had suddenly knew the name.

"Well...that painting that I love so much. You know I stare at it evey night"

"That you do" he scoffed, ticked at my unusual admiration.

"It is signed Donatello Montonia"

"That is a pseudonym I use. I painted it." he lied pathetically.

"Well this necklace around me says Donatello as well." I reminded him. He yanked the necklace from my neck and held it up to the light.

"Oh, I gave this necklace to you" He mumbled.

"But it says Donatello on the back... unless you used your pseudonym again?"

He glared at me before looking away. "Fine.. he was a painter who came here to paint you but he's gone back to Spain."

"Spain?" I asked, trying not to sound angry.

"He was here for a short period of time so he left quickly. I guess he left the necklace behind or something" he mumbled, tossing the necklace to the bed.

"So this Donatello fellow, he was the one who painted me?"

"Yes...Calla" he grumbled, sitting against the headboard.

So that meant Donatello was still alive! However, I had to be sure. Leo would know I was faking it if I asked him the fateful question.
"Can I see him?" My breath hitches as soon as I uttered the words.

"Why the fuck would you even ask me that Calla" he frowned, leaning over the bed to pull me close. There was fury in his eyes; he was determined to understand just how much I knew.

"I would...just like to see the man who painted me with so much talent Leo, that is all"

"Is that really necessary?"

"I suppose it is? It will be nothing other than another meeting. Plus, I have never been to Spain"

Leonardo sighed, pulling off the covers before standing up to dress. "I can't let you go Calla"

"Why not?" I pulled the blankets off my body, standing up to follow him.

"You cannot travel to Spain by yourself. You are a woman" he shrugged, looking at his reflection in the mirror.

Now he was just making up rules!
"Well, then you can come with me? I've never been to Spain!" I begged.

"I am busy for the next two weeks. I have a meeting in Germany to meet the King"

"Oh.. I see." I pouted, making my tears flow. I wanted to test the limits of his newfound character.

"Come on Calla.. don't cry." he sighed, pulling my chin to wipe away my tears. "You know I would love to take a trip to Spain with you, but my obligations to Genovia come first."

"I just like the painting so much Leo. Look." I smiled, sitting up and looking at the painting. "How my eyes glimmer. And look how my skin just radiates against the light of the colors.
And my lips...they are painted so....delicately."

Leonardo walks to the bathroom, washing his hands before leaning against the frame of the door. "Fine. I will tell Oslo to go fetch you another painting from this painter in Spain. Will that make you feel better?" he smiled. He thought he was so clever.

"But Leo...I just... I have never been to Spain. I thought maybe I could go and Oslo could tag along."

"An empress going to Spain by herself? Without her husband? No way Calla."

"But Leo you will be in Germany! And you are sending Oslo away! I will be so bored in the palace all alone."

"No way." he hummed, pulling on his crown so he could move out of the room. I knew he was tired of this conversation but if he would just listen to me for just a moment.

"But Leo if you would just---"

"ENOUGH CALLA!" He snapped, turning his head to face me. He paced the length of the room before towering over my figure and grabbing my jaw. "I said no. End of discussion?" he whispered, staring into my eyes.

I nodded carefully, making my tears flow until he released my jaw. He pushed past my figure, storming out the room.

2 days later

Perhaps I was naive to think Leo had truly changed. He was grand and noble, saying all the right things to me but I was living in a fantasy world. He didn't really love me; he was in love with the Calla he wished me to be.

Leonardo wasn't in love with the Calla whose flame shone brighter than the stars in the sky; whose spirit was more lethal than a sniper.

And to top off my abysmal days, I was still fighting with Lizabeth.
I missed my friend. It had only been 2 days since our disagreement but it felt like a week. I was too embarrassed to face her so I simply gave her the last two days off. I did not wish for her to see me in this state of chaos or to admit the certainty in her truth.

BOOM
BOOM

I hear the frantic shots of the hunt Leo had so eagerly rose up for and dressed. The reckless sounds of their gunshots had robbed me of any sleep I would have gotten so I simply stared at the ceiling, imagine a life where my thoughts were not so intrusive.

Knock knock

I played with a loose curl that laid against my cheek. I would ignore whoever was the door. Eventually, they would go alway.

Knock knock

"Go away" I groaned. Had they not learned how to take a hint?

The door handle jiggles and the person still enters in.
"Your majesty?" It was the voice of a servant whose voice I did not recognize

"I told the servants I didn't need my sheets changed today."

She was silent before curtsying out. "Yes your majesty"

——

Another hour passes but I still decide to wallow in my grief. I was not a huge drinker but lately, the scent of whiskey had been tempting me.
I couldn't sip it of course, but I was curious to know its taste. Before I could reach out and open it's top, another knock sounds at the door.

"I said I do not need anything!" I yelled impatiently.

The door still opens but I do not even bother turning around. Whoever entered knew better than to interrupt my peace.

"Calla" I knew it was Lizabeth by just her voice. I didn't care to find out what she wanted.
I was too sad about not seeing Donatello so I ignored her, gently swirling the small glass of wine that was in my hand. To drink it or not to drink it?

"Calla" her voice started to tremble, and I thought she was going to cry.

I rose from the covers, looking to meet her gaze

"Calla...It's Leo" she says, her hands still trembling.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked, rising from the sheets to face her.

"Calla.
The emperor has been shot"

———
Author Note:

The emperor? As in Leo? He's been shot?  Is godhead coming to an end?

I update at 100 reads

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110 0 6
*Content Introduction* Every night, I'll come to the princess's bedroom. A world falling into ruin. My family sold me to the worst tyrant in history...
4.6K 240 35
Princess Isabela Dmitria Luciana Vaduva of Acriania is well aware of how her story is supposed to go--stay closeted, become 'King Samuilu', marry a p...
218 17 9
The life of Luo Yingxiao is humble, simple, and outright peaceful. She came from two wonderful kind-hearted farmer parents that raised her into this...
1.2M 61.4K 63
"Look at me properly and try to remember." He implored her, his silvery eyes boring into hers. Maya raised her nervous eyes to meet his. Searching he...