Mixed Blood

Oleh 11thCenturyJoker

Six Princes. Seven Friends. One Prophecy. Follow the story of a group of thirteen individuals as they navigat... Lebih Banyak

Author's Note
Introduction
The Prophecy (Prologue)
1: The King's Request
2: Check In
3: New Information
4: Confusion and Misunderstanding
5: Soulmate Mechanics
6: Night Troubles
7: Vampire Nomenclature
8: Triple Double
9: Literature Project
10: Side by Side
11: On Screen
12: Weekend Plans
13: Quelpart Escapade
14: Give and Take
15: In The Dark
16: Beach Again
17: Say The Name
18: Soulmate Bonding
19: Paragon Duties
20: Stepping into Action
21: Aftermath
22: Prophecy Decoded
23: Asking Permissions
24: Wrong Timing
25: Moon Over and About
26: Social Distancing
27: Formalities: Part 1
28: Formalities: Part 2
29: The Calm Before The Storm
30: Crossroads: Part 1
31: Crossroads: Part 2
32: Crossroads: Part 3
33: Rite of Passage: Part 1
34: Rite of Passage: Part 2
35: Rite of Passage: Part 3
36: Questions and Answers
37: Conditions
38: Dream Team
39: Start Moving
40: Urgent Appointments
41: Crossing Borders
42: One Up
43: Two in One
44: Great Gathering
46: Enlighten
47: Teamed Up
48: Stranger Than Fiction
49: Untold Stories
50: Greener Pastures
51: First Blood
52: Monster Jam
53: Change of Status
54: Divide and Conquer
55: Dreams into Action
56: Battle Royal: Part 1
57: Battle Royal: Part 2
58: Battle Royal: Part 3
59: From the Back
60: Perfect Timing
61: A Step Forward
62: Suiting Up
63: Cold Feet and Hot Tea
64: Royal Hymeneal
Official Statement (Epilogue)

45: Water Activities

68 3 0
Oleh 11thCenturyJoker

Everyone was led by the staff to a huge beach pavilion with an open view of the sea. Each of them placed their things on a safe place while enjoying the sea breeze. The staff began serving the food on the long hardwood table in the middle.

"Please dig in, everyone," the King offered.

"Thank you for the food," the children's loud exclamation echoed.

"By the way, Sungsoo-ssi, sorry to ask but why did you invite the parents over today?" Mrs. Boo asked.

"Well, since our children knew each other so well, I thought it's about time for us parents to meet and know each other," the King explained. "It's my honor to welcome you as future members of the royal family."

"We are really going to be official members of the royal family?" Mrs. Hong choked on her drink.

"Of course. Your sons are my children's soulmates after all. Consider yourself part of the royal family now," the King declared. "Although I do apologize if the title does not really have that many benefits."

"Nonsense. Being an official part of the royal family is a great enough honor in itself," Mingyu's father dismissed.

"Also, thank you for accepting my children to be your son's soulmates," the King bowed.

As the parents were talking, the thirteen were jumping in a circle formation.

"Holi Holi Holi... Holi Holi Holiday!" the thirteen shouted as they jump around in circles.

"Look at the kids. They look so happy with each other," Mrs. Yoon cooed as she leaned into her husband's side.

"By the way, Sungsoo-ssi, it might be a little sensitive, but how about the Princes' biological parents?" Minghao's mom asked.

"Ah, yes. Unfortunately, except for Seungcheol's, their human parents, and siblings if any, died naturally due to old age. After I turned everyone into a Paragon to neutralize the Barbarian bite on them, I offered their families to become Paragons as well. Sadly, their families all refused the offer and entrusted them to me. The kids understood their families' decision though. Meanwhile, I have no idea about Seungcheol's biological mother although his father and brother are distant relatives of mine. Unfortunately, after surviving a huge number of Barbarians suddenly invading their village nearly three centuries ago, Seungcheol's father decided to stop using his Age Deceleration ability and he died with old age. Seungcheol's older brother got a human soulmate and decided to deactivate his Age Deceleration to live a full life with his significant other. Fulfilling the final wishes of his father, I raised Seungcheol like my own son."

"I can't believe those kids got this sad past considering how cheerful they are," Chan's mother sympathized.

"Well, I still feel guilty for the fact that I could have convinced their parents to live longer. I feel like I am a huge failure," the King revealed.

"No need to feel guilty, Sungsoo-ssi. There is nothing you can do about it. It was their parents' decision," Joshua's mother consoled.

"How about your soulmate, Sungsoo-ssi?" Mr. Boo asked.

"Well, my wife was a human. Although, we did have a good relationship, she had problems with her chromosomes so she was infertile. I tried to fix it by transforming her into a vampire but she declined. She died centuries before I adopted Seungcheol," the King narrated.

"Oh, I'm so sorry for asking," Mr. Boo apologized.

"It's okay. Everything has reason, I guess," the King smiled a little.

While the parents were talking to each other, the thirteen decided to play ball sports.

"Beach volleyball!" Seungkwan stated as a volleyball enthusiast.

"You're on!" the rest accepted.

"Shua, you should be the referee," Seungcheol tapped his head.

"Why? I want to play too," Joshua whined with a pout.

"But your anemia..." Jeonghan trailed off.

"Seungcheol already bit me so I'm fine," Joshua insisted like a child.

"Nope. You are not overexerting yourself until you fully transform into a Paragon," Seungcheol firmly decided. "I was really worried for you when you joined the Random Play Dance in Hall U."

"Fine," Joshua sulked. "Both of you won't get any of my blood later,"

Thus, the group, minus Joshua, was evenly split into two teams of six. Seungcheol, Jeonghan, Soonyoung, Jihoon, Seokmin and Chan on one team and Jun, Wonwoo, Mingyu, Minghao, Seungkwan and Vernon on the other.

"That was in!" Jeonghan claimed.

"Out!" Seungkwan claimed back.

"Let's ask the referee," Jeonghan said. "Joshie, was my attack in or out?"

"It was clearly out," Joshua grinned.

"Deuce!" Seungkwan cackled.

"Joshie, you were supposed to be on our side," Jeonghan pouted.

"Nope. I'm the referee. I am nobody's side," Joshua laughed as evil as he could.

With the score tied, the game resumed. The rally was long and hotly-contested. However, a misreceive by Seungkwan caused the ball to land on the water.

"I'll get it," Seungkwan volunteered even though he didn't want to get wet.

But instead of the ball, a loud shriek from Seungkwan was what they got. They, most especially Vernon, rushed toward him.

"Something wrong, Kwannie?" Vernon asked while looking at the distressed Seungkwan just inches away from the edge of the water.

"Take a look at this," Seungkwan stepped into the ocean. However, the most peculiar thing happened. The water was moving away from Seungkwan.

"Now there is something you don't see every day," Chan commented.

"What is happening, Vernonie?" Seungkwan looked at Vernon with his glowing in vibrant violet, although this was overshadowed by the bright sunlight.

Crouching down, Vernon whispered loud enough, "The ocean chose you."

The rest giggled with Vernon's antics. Seungkwan, on the other hand, was not amused.

He flung his left hand to push back Vernon. As he did, not only the ball but also a big splash of seawater hurled Vernon away.

"Did you just throw water on me?" Vernon was baffled. Scratch that. Everyone was baffled.

"So what if I did?" Seungkwan sassed. "Wait... I did?"

"Seungkwan-hyung, I think your power just manifested," Chan was thrilled.

"Really? Mansae!" Seungkwan raised his arms upward. Along with Seungkwan's gesture, a big ball of ocean water flew to the air and rained down on them.

Vernon took Seungkwan's right hand and planted a soft kiss on it, "Congratulations, Kwannie. You are a full Paragon now."

Their parents arrived at this point. Seungkwan's voice was loud enough for them to hear. They thought it was negligible since the capable Paragons were with their soulmates but ultimately decided to check it out anyway. What took the parents longer was the fact that they were hesitating because of the scorching sunshine.

'What's the big commotion?" the parents managed to catch up to their location.

"Sorry about that. It's just that my power just manifested," Seungkwan shyly mentioned.

"Oh really? What is it?" the King questioned.

"He can control water," Vernon answered.

"Congratulations, son," Mr. Boo greeted his son. Seungkwan's mother hugged him.

"No! This vacation was supposed to distract me from everyone having powers and now, Seungkwan already has his," Mingyu kneeled down on the shore and let some sand slowly fall down from his hands.

"There, there, Gyu. Soon, you will have yours," Wonwoo chuckled at his soulmate's reaction after kissing the tip of his nose. The parents also laughed at Mingyu's monologue.

Lunch was served shortly afterwards. Clouds began to cover the sky by the afternoon. Everyone took the perfect opportunity to swim in the ocean while the sun was hiding behind the clouds. Admit it or not, everyone enjoyed the sea.

After the fun holiday, the luxury bus transported them back to the palace. The parents got to know each other throughout the day while the thirteen grew even closer — all thanks to a little bit of water.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

142 2 23
How does a group of teens go from goofing around in a Halloween store to saving an alternate universe? When the teens find out that they're the chose...
28 12 12
It all started when seven strangers angered a powerful witch, and got themselves put into a curse by her. Within the curse they must use team work to...
5.3K 273 65
Six ordinary people from different towns go out on a adventure to find out who they are only to not only find out they are hero's of a prophecy, but...
222 12 7
A story of a young lost girl, who tries to find a place in the world then stumbles across a serious and emotionless guy who has a dark past. A tragic...