Mixed Blood

By 11thCenturyJoker

Six Princes. Seven Friends. One Prophecy. Follow the story of a group of thirteen individuals as they navigat... More

Author's Note
Introduction
The Prophecy (Prologue)
1: The King's Request
2: Check In
3: New Information
4: Confusion and Misunderstanding
5: Soulmate Mechanics
6: Night Troubles
7: Vampire Nomenclature
8: Triple Double
9: Literature Project
10: Side by Side
11: On Screen
12: Weekend Plans
13: Quelpart Escapade
14: Give and Take
15: In The Dark
16: Beach Again
17: Say The Name
18: Soulmate Bonding
19: Paragon Duties
20: Stepping into Action
21: Aftermath
22: Prophecy Decoded
23: Asking Permissions
24: Wrong Timing
25: Moon Over and About
26: Social Distancing
27: Formalities: Part 1
28: Formalities: Part 2
29: The Calm Before The Storm
30: Crossroads: Part 1
31: Crossroads: Part 2
32: Crossroads: Part 3
33: Rite of Passage: Part 1
34: Rite of Passage: Part 2
35: Rite of Passage: Part 3
36: Questions and Answers
37: Conditions
38: Dream Team
39: Start Moving
41: Crossing Borders
42: One Up
43: Two in One
44: Great Gathering
45: Water Activities
46: Enlighten
47: Teamed Up
48: Stranger Than Fiction
49: Untold Stories
50: Greener Pastures
51: First Blood
52: Monster Jam
53: Change of Status
54: Divide and Conquer
55: Dreams into Action
56: Battle Royal: Part 1
57: Battle Royal: Part 2
58: Battle Royal: Part 3
59: From the Back
60: Perfect Timing
61: A Step Forward
62: Suiting Up
63: Cold Feet and Hot Tea
64: Royal Hymeneal
Official Statement (Epilogue)

40: Urgent Appointments

97 3 0
By 11thCenturyJoker

After Chan learned about his abilities, everyone else was informed about it. He was even invited over for dinner the very next day to meet some people who could help him control his power.

"Ah, yes. It's time for Chan to know why he is here tonight," the King mentioned in between main course and dessert. "Chan-ya, since you are new to your power, I have arranged two special coaches to help you control your power and perhaps even train you to utilize it in battle."

"Are you okay with this, Dino-ya?" Seokmin faced his soulmate.

"Sure. I could really use some self-defense lessons," Chan agreed.

"So, we have here two members of the Royal Defense Force - Luhan from ERI and Jisung, the leader of WANNABLE," the King gestured. "Apparently, these two both have Advanced Telekinesis, a very advanced version of your power. Although, Luhan was born with that capability, Jisung, on the hand, started similar to yours. Their combined experience will help you a lot to reach the full potential of your ability."

"Hello, I am Luhan."

"Hi, I am Yoon Jisung. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too. Please take good care of me," Chan bowed.

"So, if it is okay for you, can we schedule your training every Saturday afternoon?" Jisung arranged. "Of course, the schedule could change depending on circumstances."

"I am generally fine with that," Chan nodded. "Woah. I can't believe I am training with the Royal Defense Force."

"It's okay, Dino. Even we train with them sometimes," Seokmin stated. "Namjoon-hyung from ARMY and Chanyeol-hyung from ERI help me lot."

With that, Chan has booked himself a very good training program for his power. Skipping past three uneventful school days, we find Section Rose Quartz waiting whether or not they will have a Vampirology class. But instead of Mr. Hwang, Mr. Park entered the classroom.

"As you might have expected as soon as I came in, yes, you have no Vampirology class today. However, I came to bring some urgent news," Mr. Park told the class.

"What is it, sir?" Zico quizzed.

"Through the Arcanus Alliance, Carat Kingdom has always had good relations with Hall University—" Mr. Park's explanation was cut off.

"You mean Hall University of Goryeo Kingdom?" Seungcheol raised his eyebrows.

"Yes, Prince Seungcheol, although they have shifted from a monarchy to a presidential republic and their country is now called Republic of Korea," Mr. Park explained.

"So, does that mean they are the origins of K-Pop music?" Seungcheol's brows furrowed.

"Yes, Cheol," Joshua whispered. "I am surprised you did not know this, considering you must study about other kingdoms and nations as Crown Prince toa  Arcanus Alliance member. And besides, you and your brothers listen to K-Pop a lot in your spare time."

"Well, perhaps, my books are outdated and needs updating," Seungcheol pouted. "And maybe because I am not so fond of the kingdom since the people do not possess powers at all."

"That's mean, Cheollie," Jeonghan, who was just silently eavesdropping, muttered.

"Then, I recognize my faults. Forgive me, my K-Pop loving soulmates," Seungcheol brought his palms together.

"So, going back to the announcement, tomorrow is Hall University's Vernal Festival. And yes, in their country, it is already spring while we are still in autumn-winter cusp."

"And what does that have to do with us?" Seungkwan asked.

"The university administration almost forgot that King Sungsoo gave our school an invitation to represent the kingdom for Hall University's Vernal Festival. So, they selected our section to represent the school and attend the Vernal Festival," Mr. Park finished the announcement.

"Why us?" Jessi asked.

"They thought that our section was the best choice since we have dignitaries here," Mr. Park sighed.

"But even so, how do we get there in the first place? It's already tomorrow," Jun inquired.

"They already have enlisted the help of Hoseok from ARMY to teleport youto Hall University. ARMY had visited the university before for diplomaticpurposes," Mr. Park elaborated. "By the way, the Republic of Korea, unlike other known kingdoms, only has a little amount of magic. Thus, their population do not possess any powers at all. So, I would like to advise all vampires to please refrain yourselves from using any powers. On the other hand, I already have no issues regarding your thirst for blood since all of the vampires in this class are already bonded."

"Anything we need to bring for tomorrow, sir?" Jieun raised her hand.

"Ah, yes. I nearly forgot. Hoseok instructed the school to have everyone be in casual clothes and wear a face mask all throughout the day tomorrow. So I guess you need to bring and wear a face mask and, of course, any other items that you deem important for the trip," Mr. Park recalled. "And by the way, I will not be accompanying you tomorrow. Mr. Ha will."

"What time are we leaving tomorrow?" Chungha asked.

"You will be leaving by eight in the morning since, immediately upon arrival, you need to meet the university president and receive VIP visitor passes," Mr. Park informed the class.

A knock grabbed the attention of Mr. Park. He opened the door and a letter was handed over to him. He gently opened the letter and sighed when he read it. He returned to his position up front in the classroom and began talking again.

"Furthermore, I just received a letter from the Royal Defense Force," Mr. Park added. "And I read: 'The Royal Defense Force – ARMY, ERI and WANNABLE - confidently assigns Mr. Lee Mark, Mr. Hwang Renjun, Mr. Lee Jeno, Mr. Lee Donghyuck, Mr. Na Jaemin, Mr. Zhong Chenle and Mr. Park Jisung of Section Rose Quartz as our proxies during the whole trip in Hall University. Please keep a close eye on our Princes and their respective soulmates'."

"YEEEEEEESSSSSS!" Chenle and Donghyuck exclaimed. "I can't believe this is happening."

"If that's the case, please take care of us tomorrow," Seungcheol giggled.

"We will do our best," Mark, as the Dreamies' de facto leader, replied. "Although, please go easy for us also."

"We can't make that promise," Soonyoung joked, making the Dreamies break into cold sweat.

"Now that everything is settled. Let me repeat: You are all going to Hall University tomorrow. Wear casual clothes and face masks. Remember, they are currently in Spring so adjust your clothes accordingly. Be here before eight in the morning. Also, the aforementioned students will become proxies to the Royal Defense Force. Bring everything that you might need. Any questions?" Mr. Park reiterated and the class shook their heads as a response. "Then, class dismissed."

As soon as Mr. Park exited the room, Seungcheol, Jeonghan and Joshua approached the Dreamies, who were doing an emergency meeting of some sort.

"Hey, guys..." Seungcheol broke their conversation.

"Seungcheol-hyung, Jeonghan-hyung, Joshua-hyung, what do you need?" Renjun was the first one to speak out.

"Don't worry too much about tomorrow. We will help you keep an eye on my brothers and their soulmates," Seungcheol reassured the seven.

"We're glad to hear that. We were really troubled on how the seven of us could keep an eye on all thirteen of you," the Dreamies managed to loosen up a little.

"There is no need for any much trouble. I will personally talk to my brothers about it. Just enjoy yourselves for tomorrow," Seungcheol instructed them. "For now, go home and prepare your stuff."

"Thanks, hyung," the seven happily obliged and left the room with their stuff.

"Why do I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a long day?" Seungcheol tilted his head with his eyes closed.

"Don't worry, Cheol. We will help you with the others."

"Joshie's right. And besides, we can't let them spoil the festival for us, we have to enjoy too. I want to spend the whole day with the two of you," Jeonghan tried his best to wrap the two in a hug.

"Same here, Han. Same here." Joshua smiled.

"Aigoo... what thoughtful soulmates I have." Seungcheol ruffled both their hairs.

"Hyungs! What are waiting for? Let's go home already," Chan yelled from outside the door; the rest were also with him.

This prompted the three to quicken their actions. Everyone, whether they expressed verbally or not, had high expectations for tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

956 518 70
In a world where everybody has an ability, it may seem safe but there are still things this world doesn't know. For example, there are still unknown...
235 71 32
Six different teens living in what seemed like a normal world finds themselves in a devastated world. Join the teens as they discover the hidden secr...
43 0 10
Long ago, our planet was visited by beings from another world, and they built cities here and created human beings here based on their own DNA but mo...
278 2 94
This book will have all kinds of short stories. It will have horror, romance, drama and more. Started: 12/18/23 Published: 12/21/23 Finished: 3/23/24