Mixed Blood

By 11thCenturyJoker

Six Princes. Seven Friends. One Prophecy. Follow the story of a group of thirteen individuals as they navigat... More

Author's Note
Introduction
The Prophecy (Prologue)
1: The King's Request
2: Check In
3: New Information
4: Confusion and Misunderstanding
5: Soulmate Mechanics
6: Night Troubles
7: Vampire Nomenclature
8: Triple Double
9: Literature Project
10: Side by Side
11: On Screen
12: Weekend Plans
13: Quelpart Escapade
14: Give and Take
15: In The Dark
16: Beach Again
17: Say The Name
18: Soulmate Bonding
19: Paragon Duties
20: Stepping into Action
22: Prophecy Decoded
23: Asking Permissions
24: Wrong Timing
25: Moon Over and About
26: Social Distancing
27: Formalities: Part 1
28: Formalities: Part 2
29: The Calm Before The Storm
30: Crossroads: Part 1
31: Crossroads: Part 2
32: Crossroads: Part 3
33: Rite of Passage: Part 1
34: Rite of Passage: Part 2
35: Rite of Passage: Part 3
36: Questions and Answers
37: Conditions
38: Dream Team
39: Start Moving
40: Urgent Appointments
41: Crossing Borders
42: One Up
43: Two in One
44: Great Gathering
45: Water Activities
46: Enlighten
47: Teamed Up
48: Stranger Than Fiction
49: Untold Stories
50: Greener Pastures
51: First Blood
52: Monster Jam
53: Change of Status
54: Divide and Conquer
55: Dreams into Action
56: Battle Royal: Part 1
57: Battle Royal: Part 2
58: Battle Royal: Part 3
59: From the Back
60: Perfect Timing
61: A Step Forward
62: Suiting Up
63: Cold Feet and Hot Tea
64: Royal Hymeneal
Official Statement (Epilogue)

21: Aftermath

99 9 0
By 11thCenturyJoker

While Jun was taking care of his business with Hyunsik, Seungcheol was facing a prince from the Moissanite Tribe.

"So, you must be Crown Prince Seungcheol. Nice to finally meet you," Sangkyu said with a smirk.

"Unfortunately, I cannot reciprocate the feeling," Seungcheol flatly stated.

"No time for pleasantries, eh?" Sangkyu noticed. "Well then, let's get down to business."

Sangkyu fired balls of poison from his hand. Seungcheol simply countered with streams of fire, causing a huge explosion. While smoke was enveloping the area, Sangkyu opted for close combat while coating his arms and legs with toxic poison. Seungcheol was able to notice and stood toe-to-toe with Sangkyu, enveloping his arms and legs with earth to nullify Sangkyu's poison. With a perfectly-timed kick, Seungcheol was able to send Sangkyu away with considerable distance.

"You fight well, Crown Prince. Not bad," Sangkyu spat some blood in his blood.

"I'm just getting started," Seungcheol commented.

Knowing that he is in disadvantage in close combat, Sangkyu shifted his tactics into distance combat. Making full use of his Toxikinesis, Sangkyu sent a wave of poison to Seungcheol. Quick on one's feet, Seungcheol froze the wave solid, broke it apart using a fireball and sent the chucks back to Sangkyu using burst of air. Sangkyu defended himself and countered with balls of poison. Unfazed, Seungcheol retaliated with water balls, causing another explosion in the area.

The back and forth offense between the two continued for half an hour. Seungcheol clearly had the upper hand. He was able to hit Sangkyu with fire while none of Sangkyu's attacks landed on him yet. Sangkyu was having trouble against all six elements of Seungcheol.

"Ready to throw in the towel?" Seungcheol asked.

"If you think you're already winning, think again," Sangkyu smirked. He snapped his finger and more vampires appeared, surrounding Seungcheol completely.

"Do you think I will fight you fairly? As a prince, I am my servants at my disposal," Sangkyu's smirk widened. "Attack!"

With Sangkyu's command, the underling vampires launched themselves to the Crown Prince. Still calm, Seungcheol released a wave of lightning from his body, vaporizing most of the underling vampires. Seungcheol also took care of the rest of the underlings by masterfully switching between his elements.

As seconds passed, the underling vampires' number dropped rapidly. When there were only at least ten vampires remaining, Sangkyu sneaked an attack from a distance which, unfortunately, landed on Seungcheol's chest. Seungcheol fell on the ground. Seizing the opportunity, the remaining underling vampires stacked themselves on top of Seungcheol.

"I won," Sangkyu declared.

However, Sangkyu's happiness was cut short when the stack of vampires suddenly burst into flames.

"What is happening?" Sangkyu blurted out.

"If you think you have won, Barbarian, think again," Seungcheol used what Sangkyu said earlier.

Out of the flaming pile, Seungcheol emerged with injuries. Seeing his enemy frozen in place, Seungcheol was able to fire a bolt of electricity to Sangkyu, heavily injuring the Barbarian.

"I'll get you next time! Mark my words!" Sangkyu exclaimed before retreating.

Seungcheol has forced the Moissanite forces to retreat. The moment Sangkyu left the battlefield and he was already out of danger, Seungcheol fainted.

Meanwhile, ARMY, ERI, and WANNABLE reached the location of the four Princes.

"Is everyone alright?" Xiumin, a member of ERI and the eldest among all of the Royal Defense Force, inquired.

"The four of us are fine. They were just low-level Moissanites after all," Wonwoo responded.

"How about Prince Junhui and Prince Seungcheol? Where are they?" Jisung, the leader of WANNABLE, questioned.

"Jun-hyung faced the Moissanite general since he was the one who attacked hyung's soulmate before," Seokmin informed the Defense Force. "Seungcheol-hyung was battling the Moissanite prince."

As if on cue, Jun appeared from the shadows of trees.

"Jun-hyung!" Vernon shrieked when he saw Jun heavily injured.

The ERI squad moved swiftly and laid Jun down on the ground.

"Yixing, do your thing," Junmyeon, the leader of ERI, told one of his troop mates.

The mentioned Yixing placed his palms on Jun's chest and it began to glow. Yixing had the power to heal. Because of the injuries sustained, it was taking long for the injuries to completely heal up.

As Yixing was healing Jun, another concern was raised by Soonyoung.

"Where is Seungcheol-hyung? He should be here by now. The enemy already retreated," Soonyoung noticed.

"Don't worry, hyung. We'll look for him," Kuanlin, a member of WANNABLE, said. The WANNABLE squad held hands and teleported away. Unlike Jongin's teleportation which was instantaneous, Kuanlin's teleportation was in the form of golden sparks of light.

When WANNABLE rematerialized, they were standing in front of Seungcheol's unconscious body. Greatly alarmed, Daehwi kneeled down and placed his right palm just a few inches above Seungcheol's chest. Thankfully, his hand glowed; Daehwi had the power to heal just like Yixing from ERI.

"No worries, guys. Prince Seungcheol just fainted. He will be fine," Daehwi reassured.

When Seungcheol regained consciousness, he immediately jumped up and extended his arms like he was attacking. Fortunately, nothing came out of his hands.

"What's wrong with my powers? I can't access them," Seungcheol managed to mutter before passing out again. Thankfully, Daniel, a member of WANNABLE, was able to catch him mid-fall.

"What happened?" Daniel was confused while holding Seungcheol's fainted body.

"I healed him already. He should be totally fine by now," Daehwi mumbled.

"Didn't he said he can't access his powers before fainting?" Minhyun, another WANNABLE member, recalled. "I think I know what's wrong with him."

"What is it, hyung?" Jihoon, another member of WANNABLE, faced Minhyun.

"I'm not totally sure yet," Minhyun mentioned. "Kuanlin-ya, can you teleport me to the other Mystics?"

"Sure, hyung." Kuanlin agreed.

"Mystic Headquarters," Kuanlin waved his hand on Minhyun's direction and Minhyun teleported away.

"Meanwhile, let's bring Prince Seungcheol back to the palace. I will contact the others to meet us there."

Sungwoon contacted the other groups telepathically and explained to them the situation. Following their plans, Seungcheol was returned to the palace and was placed comfortably in his bed. He woke up just a few moments later.

"Where I am?" Seungcheol groggily said.

"You are in the palace, Seungcheol," he heard his father's voice. "You fainted after your battle. The WANNABLE squad had to bring you back here."

Seungcheol tried to rise up to a sitting position but he just leaned on his headboard instead, "What happened? Why do I feel so weak?"

"We have no idea, hyung," Soonyoung answered him. "WANNABLE found you injured and unconscious. Daehwi managed to heal you but when you woke up, you said you can't access your powers and fainted once again."

"Can't access my powers?" Seungcheol flicked his right arm many times but nothing happened. Not a single element appeared on his palms.

"How can this be? I can't access my powers and I feel so weak," Seungcheol's voice sounded broken.

"Sorry, son, we have no idea also," the King sadly confessed.

"It's the prophecy," a disembodied voice said from out of nowhere.

"What?" everyone inside Seungcheol's room exclaimed.

"What is currently happening to Prince Seungcheol is all in the prophecy," Minhyun arrived, along with four others inside Seungcheol's room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

965 518 70
In a world where everybody has an ability, it may seem safe but there are still things this world doesn't know. For example, there are still unknown...
28 12 12
It all started when seven strangers angered a powerful witch, and got themselves put into a curse by her. Within the curse they must use team work to...
5.3K 273 65
Six ordinary people from different towns go out on a adventure to find out who they are only to not only find out they are hero's of a prophecy, but...
30 0 21
Seven friends embark on a quest to save all the worlds from darkness.