Mixed Blood

By 11thCenturyJoker

Six Princes. Seven Friends. One Prophecy. Follow the story of a group of thirteen individuals as they navigat... More

Author's Note
Introduction
The Prophecy (Prologue)
1: The King's Request
2: Check In
3: New Information
4: Confusion and Misunderstanding
5: Soulmate Mechanics
6: Night Troubles
7: Vampire Nomenclature
8: Triple Double
9: Literature Project
10: Side by Side
11: On Screen
12: Weekend Plans
13: Quelpart Escapade
14: Give and Take
15: In The Dark
16: Beach Again
17: Say The Name
18: Soulmate Bonding
20: Stepping into Action
21: Aftermath
22: Prophecy Decoded
23: Asking Permissions
24: Wrong Timing
25: Moon Over and About
26: Social Distancing
27: Formalities: Part 1
28: Formalities: Part 2
29: The Calm Before The Storm
30: Crossroads: Part 1
31: Crossroads: Part 2
32: Crossroads: Part 3
33: Rite of Passage: Part 1
34: Rite of Passage: Part 2
35: Rite of Passage: Part 3
36: Questions and Answers
37: Conditions
38: Dream Team
39: Start Moving
40: Urgent Appointments
41: Crossing Borders
42: One Up
43: Two in One
44: Great Gathering
45: Water Activities
46: Enlighten
47: Teamed Up
48: Stranger Than Fiction
49: Untold Stories
50: Greener Pastures
51: First Blood
52: Monster Jam
53: Change of Status
54: Divide and Conquer
55: Dreams into Action
56: Battle Royal: Part 1
57: Battle Royal: Part 2
58: Battle Royal: Part 3
59: From the Back
60: Perfect Timing
61: A Step Forward
62: Suiting Up
63: Cold Feet and Hot Tea
64: Royal Hymeneal
Official Statement (Epilogue)

19: Paragon Duties

96 12 0
By 11thCenturyJoker

Fast forward to the weekend, our thirteen friends were at the mall because of the promises made in Quelpart Island after they lost the Photo Scavenger Hunt. However, the outing also served as a double-double and a half date because, as you may have noticed, the thirteen friends had five soulmate pairs within their circle.

Currently, the thirteen were separated into six groups – the five soulmate pairs and the remaining three acting as the parents. The trio was waiting in the mall's food court after instructing the other five pairs to meet them there after two hours.

"Our friendship group is really interesting," Jeonghan said while eating his food.

"Yeah. It started with just Wonwoo and Mingyu and now, almost everyone found their soulmates," Joshua chuckled.

"And now, it feels like we are their parents," Seungcheol sighed. "I sometimes hate being the eldest."

"We have no choice. We were born earlier than them," Jeonghan stated.

"By the way, Cheol, I am just curious. Are you and your brothers really the same age as us?" Joshua asked. "I was asking because Jeonghan, Jihoon and Chan, even though they are vampires, have similar ages as us humans. They were born from vampire parents after all."

"Well, honestly, I am actually two-hundred sixty-four years old." Seungcheol revealed. "Meanwhile, Jun is two-hundred and forty-six, Soonyoung is two-hundred eleven, Wonwoo is one-hundred seventy-five, Seokmin is one-hundred twenty-two, while Vernon is one-hundred and one."

"Oh, wow. I did not expect you to be that old," Joshua muttered. "But why do you look the same age as us?"

"Well, we, vampires, can control the aging process of bodies. In fact, one vampiric ability if you could remember in our Vampirology class, is Age Deceleration. This means we can actually slow down our aging depending on how we want it," Seungcheol explained. "For that reason, chronologically, we may be hundred-years old but our physiologically, we are just about the same age as you guys."

"Really?" Joshua turned to Jeonghan. Jeonghan gave Joshua a nod.

"And because of this, technically, the order of our ages will be: Seungcheol, me, you, Junhui, Soonyoung, Wonwoo, Jihoon, Seokmin, Mingyu, Minghao, Seungkwan, Vernon and Chan," Jeonghan told Joshua. "This is also the reason why vampires could still die a natural death similar to humans. Humans just refer us 'immortals' since we live for a very long time due to our aging being decelerated."

"I just realized there are a lot of things I don't know about vampires," Joshua mumbled to himself. "Thank goodness for Vampirology class."

"By the way, don't you have anything to buy? My offer still stands," Seungcheol reminded the two.

"Nope. Not yet," Jeonghan said.

"I hope the offer has no expiration date because I have no idea just yet," Joshua joked.

"Take you time. I have all the time to wait for your request," Seungcheol joked back. "Perks of having a long life."

"Truth," Jeonghan agreed to Seungcheol's joke. Joshua pouted at the two's teasing.

Meanwhile, Jun and Minghao were at the art supplies store. Minghao's eyes sparkled and roamed the area like a child in a candy store.

"Wow, this place is amazing," Minghao exclaimed.

"Calm down, Haohao. Take your time," Jun giggled.

"What's the limit to what I can spend?" Minghao looked at Jun expectedly.

"Just buy all you possibly need. I'll take care of it," Jun reassured.

"Really?" Minghao smiled.

"Yes. Anything for my soulmate," Jun kissed the top of Minghao's head.

And so, after an hour of meticulous shopping, Minghao purchased three boxes of various art supplies.

"Thank you, Jun-hyung," Minghao faced Jun. Jun just ruffled Minghao's hair.

On the other side of the mall, Mingyu and Wonwoo were in a kitchen equipment and supply store. Mingyu was planning to upgrade his cooking and baking tools to improve his cooking skills.

"Wonnie, there are many things I want to buy. What should I get?" Mingyu was worried.

"Just get what you think is highly necessary. Don't worry much about the expenses," Wonwoo assured.

And with those words, Mingyu got the best cooking and baking tools that he really needed.

"Thank you very much, Wonnie," Mingyu hugged Wonwoo.

"No need to thank me, Gyu," Wonwoo kissed Mingyu's nose.

"Do you want to suck my blood instead?" Mingyu grinned.

"Gyu..." Wonwoo warned.

"I'm just kidding," Mingyu chuckled.

On the other hand, Seokmin, Seungkwan, Vernon and Chan decided to shop for food.

"Are you sure you just want to buy food?" Vernon asked.

"You can literally buy anything you want and you just want food?" Seokmin was as baffled as Vernon.

"Well, we just want food for today. And besides, there is always a next time to buy other things," Chan reasoned.

"Next time?" Vernon gasped.

"Why, Vernonie? Aren't you gonna buy me something the next time I want something?" Seungkwan put his hand on his waist.

"Is that true, Kyeomie?" Chan's eyes widened.

"N-no. I'm just shocked, that's all," Vernon defended himself.

"Dino-ya, of course, I'll still buy you anything you want next time," Seokmin pouted.

"Also, we chose food since we want to share it with everyone," Chan explained.

"Suit yourself then. Buy all the food you need," Vernon stated.

Finally, Soonyoung brought Jihoon to a music store. Jihoon was confused at this.

"Why are we here?" Jihoon's eyebrows met in the middle.

"Remember, when you said in Quelpart Island that you have something that you want?" Soonyoung recalled and Jihoon nodded.

"I wanted to buy you a gift to celebrate us becoming soulmates," Soonyoung smiled. "I know you want to buy it on your own and I don't know if what you want is in this store, but please allow me to pamper you as my soulmate for this time."

"Are you sure? I don't want to spend money that is not mine," Jihoon told Soonyoung.

"Yes, I'm very sure. What's mine is yours. After all, you are my soulmate," Soonyoung smiled at Jihoon. "And Ji, don't hold yourself back. If you want it, take it. I am more than willing to pay it for you. I can even buy the whole store if you want to."

Although Soonyoung already gave his reassurance, Jihoon reluctantly grabbed only a few things. Thankfully, Soonyoung noticed every time he will stop and look at something with interest. Soonyoung would, then, tell Jihoon to buy it. Even though Jihoon would protest, Soonyoung was still able to convince Jihoon to buy all his musical needs and wants.

While the five pairs of soulmates walked toward the food court, Seungcheol, Jeonghan and Joshua were still waiting for everyone while occasionally snacking.

"Excuse me. I need to go to the restroom," Joshua told his companions.

"Sure thing," Seungcheol replied.

As Joshua left for the bathroom, Seungcheol received a phone call from one of the members of the Royal Defense Force.

"Hello? Junmyeon-hyung? What is it?" Jeonghan heard Seungcheol as he answered his phone.

"WHAT?" Seungcheol exclaimed out of nowhere, shocking Jeonghan.

"Sure. We will be there as soon as we can," Seungcheol stated and ended the call.

"What is it, Cheollie? Something wrong?" Jeonghan inquired.

"Nothing to worry about," Seungcheol asked.

But when Seungcheol gave his answer, Jeonghan's and his left wrist glowed and their marks merged.

"Wait, does this mean..." Jeonghan trailed off.

"You are my soulmate," Seungcheol looked at Jeonghan affectionately.

But before the two of them could straighten out the facts, the five other pairs arrived in the food court together.

"Hello, hyungs. Sorry to have kept you waiting," Chan greeted.

"Guys, we have an emergency. We need to go home immediately," Seungcheol told his brothers.

"What is the emergency, hyung?" Seokmin questioned.

"Junmyeon-hyung called. The Moissanite Tribe is invading. We need to stop their attack. ARMY, ERI and WANNABLE are already there but we need to be there also," Seungcheol informed his brothers.

Because of the dangerous situation, the Paragons hugged their soulmates. The mates, however, were worried about their vampires.

"Are you going to be alright?" Mingyu's tone was sad.

"Don't worry. I'm a Paragon, remember?" Wonwoo kissed Mingyu's nose.

"Won't it be dangerous?" Minghao muttered.

"It's okay, Haohao. I promise to return to you so don't be sad, okay?" Jun left a kiss on Minghao's head.

"Kyeomie, can you not go?" Chan told Seokmin.

"Sadly, no, Dino-ya. It's our duty to protect the kingdom as princes. But don't worry, we can handle them," Seokmin closed his eyes and rubbed his nose to Chan's nose.

"Vernonie, take care of yourself, okay?" Seungkwan reminded his soulmate.

"Don't worry. We'll be fine," Vernon took Seungkwan's hand and kissed it.

"Soonie..." it was the only word Jihoon could muster.

"I know. Like I said, I won't be letting you go so easily. I'll come back to you, okay?" Soonyoung kissed Jihoon's right cheek.

As the pairs were having their moment, Seungcheol also faced his newly-found soulmate, Jeonghan.

"Hey, I know this is a lot to take in but wait for me, okay?" Seungcheol kissed Jeonghan's forehead inconspicuously and fixed his hair a little. "By the way, keep it from everyone first especially to Joshua. It would be very sad for his part to know that he is the only one without a soulmate in our clique."

"I understand. I'll be waiting for you," Jeonghan simply said.

"Okay. And I'll make sure you won't wait for too long," Seungcheol smiled softly at Jeonghan.

"Guys, let's go," Seungcheol told his brothers.

And so, the Paragon brothers left to fulfill their duty. At this point, Joshua returned to the food court.

"Uhm, guys... where are the others?" Joshua was confused.

"An enemy tribe has invaded, Joshie. They had to go as Princes," Jeonghan implied.

"Really? Are they going to be alright?" Joshua slightly panicked.

"It's alright. Everything is gonna be alright. I'm sure of it," Jeonghan answered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 353 26
Set in an alternate universe where multiple Earths exist. Except no one on Earth 1 is aware of this. This is a story when the subconscious of the sam...
43 0 10
Long ago, our planet was visited by beings from another world, and they built cities here and created human beings here based on their own DNA but mo...
9 0 4
6 teenagers with magical powers embark on adventure to discover themselves, saved the world, and restore balance to the forces of nature.
209 11 13
Story of eight people. Five Friends. One Lost Boy. One Weirdo. One Very-Very-Very Old Woman. Plunge into their world and feel the darkest that they h...