Mixed Blood

By 11thCenturyJoker

Six Princes. Seven Friends. One Prophecy. Follow the story of a group of thirteen individuals as they navigat... More

Author's Note
Introduction
The Prophecy (Prologue)
1: The King's Request
2: Check In
3: New Information
4: Confusion and Misunderstanding
5: Soulmate Mechanics
6: Night Troubles
7: Vampire Nomenclature
8: Triple Double
9: Literature Project
10: Side by Side
11: On Screen
12: Weekend Plans
13: Quelpart Escapade
14: Give and Take
15: In The Dark
17: Say The Name
18: Soulmate Bonding
19: Paragon Duties
20: Stepping into Action
21: Aftermath
22: Prophecy Decoded
23: Asking Permissions
24: Wrong Timing
25: Moon Over and About
26: Social Distancing
27: Formalities: Part 1
28: Formalities: Part 2
29: The Calm Before The Storm
30: Crossroads: Part 1
31: Crossroads: Part 2
32: Crossroads: Part 3
33: Rite of Passage: Part 1
34: Rite of Passage: Part 2
35: Rite of Passage: Part 3
36: Questions and Answers
37: Conditions
38: Dream Team
39: Start Moving
40: Urgent Appointments
41: Crossing Borders
42: One Up
43: Two in One
44: Great Gathering
45: Water Activities
46: Enlighten
47: Teamed Up
48: Stranger Than Fiction
49: Untold Stories
50: Greener Pastures
51: First Blood
52: Monster Jam
53: Change of Status
54: Divide and Conquer
55: Dreams into Action
56: Battle Royal: Part 1
57: Battle Royal: Part 2
58: Battle Royal: Part 3
59: From the Back
60: Perfect Timing
61: A Step Forward
62: Suiting Up
63: Cold Feet and Hot Tea
64: Royal Hymeneal
Official Statement (Epilogue)

16: Beach Again

100 8 0
By 11thCenturyJoker

Thankfully, the storm was over before the break of dawn. Just as the sun was just peeking out of the horizon, Seungcheol was already up. His first order of business was to slightly cover the window with the curtain made of translucent material to allow light to pass through but not glaring enough to disturb Jeonghan or Joshua from their sleep.

His next order to business was to take a warm bath. He took off his shirt, brought a towel and some articles of clothing with him and entered the bathroom. He turned the shower on, experimenting with the knobs to get the right temperature that he wanted. When the water was in the Goldilocks zone, Seungcheol allowed his mind to wander off as he enjoyed the water trickling down his body. He thoroughly washed and cleaned himself as he spent some quality peaceful time with himself.

While Seungcheol was enjoying himself with his bath, Jeonghan and Joshua were awakened by the stream of sunlight virtually at the same time. Joshua immediately rose and leaned himself on the headboard while still being covered by the blanket from the waist down. He noticed Jeonghan stirring awake and fluttering his eyes open, so he greeted the elder first.

"Good morning, Hannie," Joshua greeted.

"Good morning to you, too, Joshie," Jeonghan greeted with his morning voice; his whole body except his face was still covered by the blanket.

"Wow, Hannie is so adorable, all swaddled up in blanket. He looks like a helpless baby in that state," Joshua mentally noted. "And his morning voice sounds so sultry."

"Joshie is a like an angel. The way the light enhances his already beautiful features is like... wow," Jeonghan's internal voice spoke.

Silence followed the short exchange of greetings. Both of them also knew that Seungcheol in the bathroom because of the sound of the shower. They waited for him to finish up as they also had plans to wash up. The two of them stared at what's outside the window while maintaining their positions and state.

It took Seungcheol more or less ten minutes to finish. He dried himself using his towel and changed into the new garments that he brought. He was still shirtless, though. He did not bring a shirt with him and he was planning to wear a shirt outside, thinking that Jeonghan and Joshua would still be asleep.

He opened the door to the bathroom and exited as quietly as he could. However, Jeonghan and Joshua noticed the slight noise the bathroom door made and turned their heads to the direction of the sound.

"Good mor—" Jeonghan and Joshua was about to greet when they got cut off because of the sight that welcomed them – a shirtless Seungcheol.

"Good morning to you two." Seungcheol nonchalantly greeted.

When those words left Seungcheol's mouth, both of their faces heated up to a blush and even froze in place. They were mesmerized by how sculpted Seungcheol's upper body was.

"Wow. I never realized Seungcheol was this buff," Jeonghan thought.

"His body is amazing. Vampires really are different," Joshua swallowed.

On the other hand, Seungcheol himself was enchanted by the sight in front of him – Jeonghan swaddled in a blanket and Joshua being ethereal-looking with the help of the sunlight.

"How can the two of them look so aesthetic this early in the morning?" smiled at the thought. "I am willing to give up everything just to wake up every day with this sight."

Snapping out of his thoughts, Seungcheol noticed that his roommates were immobile.

"Hello? Guys? Anything wrong?" Seungcheol's voice brought them out of their mental shutdown.

"Ah, yes. Uhm... J-joshie, d-d-do you w-want to use t-the bathroom?" Jeonghan stuttered.

"Y-you c-can use the b-bathroom first, H-hannie," Joshua was in the same verbal predicament.

Jeonghan hurriedly gathered all the things that he needed and entered the bathroom. Joshua, on the other hand, faced the window again.

The inhabitants of the Paragon guest house finally gathered for breakfast except for Seokmin and Chan. Polite as they were, the rest patiently waited for the two before having breakfast. Though breakfast was nearly forgotten when Seokmin and Chan entered the dining area whilst holding hands.

"Ooh... Is there something the two of you would like to announce?" Jeonghan wiggled his eyebrows as the rest faced the newly-arrived pair.

Chan was extremely blushing so Seokmin did the honors, "Our marks merged last night."

"Oh, really? Prove it," Jun challenged. Seokmin and Chan both raised their left hand.

"It's true. They now have the same mark on their left wrist," Mingyu commented as snuggled closer to Wonwoo.

"When did that happened?" Vernon asked.

"Last night during the power interruption. Chan was so scared that he hugged me," Seokmin bluffed.

"Hey! You're the one who lied," Chan lightly hit Seokmin's chest.

"Spill the tea, sister!" Seungkwan insisted.

"Well, it did happen during the end of the power interruption," Seokmin scratched his nape. "While it's true that Chan hugged me out of fear, it happened when the lights turned back on."

"When the lights turned back on, Kyeomie hugged me even tighter. When I told him about the lights, he told me that he did not notice," Chan scoffed. "Obviously, it was lie because it resulted to this. He just wanted to hug me even though, technically, I wasn't even officially his soulmate yet."

"Wow, our group turning out to be interconnected. Mingyu with Wonwoo, Minghao with Jun, Seungkwan with Vernon and now, Chan with Seokmin." Jihoon noticed. "If this Hoshi turns out to be my soulmate, I don't know what to do anymore."

The rest laughed at Jihoon's statement; Soonyoung, on the other hand, lost the smile on his face. Nevertheless, since Seokmin and Chan arrived, the thirteen was able to begin feasting on their breakfast.

Throughout the whole morning, Rose Quartz enjoyed a variety of parlor games such as sack race, paint me a picture, and blind retriever. After the games, everyone was once again treated to a royal luncheon.

"I have to eat lots today. This may be my first and last opportunity to try this kind of food," Donghyuck said as he ate with gusto.

"Slow down, Hyuckie. You'll choke on your food," Mark told his soulmate.

"Wow. This is really delicious. Better than yesterday's lunch," Chungha was snapping with the rollercoaster of flavors in her mouth.

After the meal, Mr. Park announced that the whole afternoon was free time. Seizing their final hours of escape from school work, everyone rushed to the beach. Everyone was amazed when Jessi wore a very daring swimsuit.

"Woah, Jessi-unnie! That is quite bold for you," Sunmi gasped.

"That is why I'm like nunu nana!" Jessi flaunted her attire by raising her right arm upward and swinging her knees in opposite directions.

"Guys, I brought marshmallows!" Jieun offered.

"And we have chewing gums," Jisung and Chenle mentioned.

"Zico-hyung, that is such an amazing sandcastle!" everyone gathered around the sand castle Zico made.

"Well, boys and girls, you can it too," Zico said. "We're artists after all."

"We have a Bluetooth speaker. What do you like us to play?" Jeno, Renjun and Jaemin asked the crowd.

"Any song," Zico responded.

"Look at Sunmi-unnie. She looks like a siren," Chungha pointed to Sunmi who was in the sea.

"La la la la la la la la la la la lay..." Sunmi played with and twirled her wet hair using both of her hands.

The twenty-five students of Rose Quartz enjoyed the whole afternoon. They strengthened their friendship individually and as a whole. Memories were made here and there. They totally exhausted themselves from having fun. After all, they were leaving Quelpart Island first thing in the morning tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49 0 10
Long ago, our planet was visited by beings from another world, and they built cities here and created human beings here based on their own DNA but mo...
503 84 52
I never thought it would end like this. I always thought I had a home. I always thought I had a family, but as it turns out, my past is darker than t...
51 4 11
An average teen girl get pulled into another world, she found new friends, a loyal pet and some romance but she later realized that she was there for...
94 19 7
What seemed like they had no one till they found each other. Will they live, love or leave their life. Having to found love is simple, keeping it is...