Mixed Blood

By 11thCenturyJoker

Six Princes. Seven Friends. One Prophecy. Follow the story of a group of thirteen individuals as they navigat... More

Author's Note
Introduction
The Prophecy (Prologue)
1: The King's Request
2: Check In
3: New Information
4: Confusion and Misunderstanding
5: Soulmate Mechanics
6: Night Troubles
7: Vampire Nomenclature
8: Triple Double
9: Literature Project
10: Side by Side
12: Weekend Plans
13: Quelpart Escapade
14: Give and Take
15: In The Dark
16: Beach Again
17: Say The Name
18: Soulmate Bonding
19: Paragon Duties
20: Stepping into Action
21: Aftermath
22: Prophecy Decoded
23: Asking Permissions
24: Wrong Timing
25: Moon Over and About
26: Social Distancing
27: Formalities: Part 1
28: Formalities: Part 2
29: The Calm Before The Storm
30: Crossroads: Part 1
31: Crossroads: Part 2
32: Crossroads: Part 3
33: Rite of Passage: Part 1
34: Rite of Passage: Part 2
35: Rite of Passage: Part 3
36: Questions and Answers
37: Conditions
38: Dream Team
39: Start Moving
40: Urgent Appointments
41: Crossing Borders
42: One Up
43: Two in One
44: Great Gathering
45: Water Activities
46: Enlighten
47: Teamed Up
48: Stranger Than Fiction
49: Untold Stories
50: Greener Pastures
51: First Blood
52: Monster Jam
53: Change of Status
54: Divide and Conquer
55: Dreams into Action
56: Battle Royal: Part 1
57: Battle Royal: Part 2
58: Battle Royal: Part 3
59: From the Back
60: Perfect Timing
61: A Step Forward
62: Suiting Up
63: Cold Feet and Hot Tea
64: Royal Hymeneal
Official Statement (Epilogue)

11: On Screen

111 10 0
By 11thCenturyJoker

It was the day Seungcheol was coming over at Jeonghan's house. And while Jeonghan did inform his parents that a classmate was coming over for a school project, he did not tell them who it was exactly. So, Jeonghan and his parents were now busy preparing the house for the arrival of their guest.

"Han, when is your classmate coming?" Jeonghan's mom asked as she carried the groceries to the kitchen.

"He should be here any minute now," Jeonghan assumed.

True enough, a few minutes later, the doorbell rang. Jeonghan rushed from his room and opened the front door, having an idea who it might be.

"Good afternoon, Seungcheol," Jeonghan greeted the person on the other side of the door. "Come in. Come in."

"Good afternoon, Jeonghan. Thanks for inviting me," Seungcheol bowed and entered the premises.

"Mom! Dad! My classmate is here!" Jeonghan shouted.

"We are in the kitchen! Sorry, we are currently busy," his father replied.

Jeonghan brought Seungcheol to the kitchen and saw both of his parents busy with dinner preparations and their backs facing the two males.

"Mom, dad, please meet my classmate, Seungcheol," Jeonghan introduced.

"Seungcheol? I never knew you had a classmate with same name as the Crown Pri-" Jeonghan's mom failed to complete her sentence as soon as she turned around and saw the guest. "Crown Prince Seungcheol?"

"Eh, come on. That's impossible. There is no way Crown Prince Seungch-" his father tried to refute but got cut off when he personally saw who it really was. "C-c-crown P-prince S-seungcheol!"

"Hello, I am Choi Seungcheol, your son's classmate. Thank you for having me over," Seungcheol greeted as soon as they faced him.

"But... how... why..." Jeonghan's father stuttered.

"Crown Prince Seungcheol, please have a seat," Jeonghan's mom offered. "Welcome to our residence."

"It's my pleasure. And please, just call me Seungcheol," Seungcheol courteously responded. "By the way, thank you for allowing Jeonghan to have me stay over for the night."

"It's completely alright. It's for a school project after all," Jeonghan's father rebutted.

"Okay, thank you, mom and dad, for your warm welcome. Now, if you don't mind, Seungcheol and I are going to my room to start working on our project." Jeonghan stated as he dragged Seungcheol out of the kitchen and dining area.

After a flight of stairs and a hallway, they reached Jeonghan's room. It was smaller than Seungcheol's room but still too large for a one-person bedroom.

"I am just curious. You are a Hybrid, right?" Seungcheol faced Jeonghan. "If you don't mind, which of your parents is the vampire?"

"It's my dad. He's an Archetype. Didn't you notice?" Jeonghan asked back.

"Well, vampires are good at hiding our true identities but I just asked to verify."

Settling themselves on the carpeted floor, Jeonghan initiated the work.

"So, I heard from Joshua that you're almost finished with the book."

"Yeah, I only have a couple of pages left," Seungcheol informed Jeonghan.

"In that case, we will finish reading the book this afternoon, eat dinner and then proceed to watching the movie. Is that alright for you?" Jeonghan organized the schedule.

"Sounds like a good plan to me."

Throughout the whole afternoon, Seungcheol and Jeonghan finished what's left of the book. They even took out their personal notes to scribble down important details for comparison later on. Jeonghan's parents interrupted midway to give them something to chew on. The two them finished the whole book just as the moon began to rise.

"Wow, that was an interesting story," Seungcheol commented. "I did not expect the ending to be that way."

"I kind of expected it, more or less," Jeonghan mentioned as he began setting up the TV in his room for the film.

"Dinner time!" Jeonghan's mom's voice rang from downstairs.

Jeonghan had a difficult time pulling Seungcheol out of the dining area because of his parents' actions. Thankfully, Jeonghan succeeded when his mom went to grab more servings of dessert and his dad drank his beverage.

"I think we should watch the film now," Jeonghan said as he finished preparing a place to sleep in for Seungcheol on the carpeted floor. "Are you sure you are okay on the floor? We can share the bed. It is large enough for the two of us."

"It's fine. I don't want to intrude nor cause inconvenience. I am just a guest after all."

"If you say so," Jeonghan sighed. "It could have been more fun if Joshua is here."

"I know. Especially he's the one who actually knows about the story through and through," Seungcheol agreed.

"Well, at least, he is doing his part so let us just do ours."

Thus, Seungcheol and Jeonghan played the film. And true enough, they watched the film intently. They both used their own notes to spot discrepancies and even paused the film to discuss a few times. Finally, the film reached the end and the two got up and stretched after being in the same position for hours.

"I think we did a great job in comparing and contrasting," Jeonghan noticed as he looked through his notes.

"I guess so. With our observations along with Joshua's, I think our project is good as done," Seungcheol declared.

"Yeah. Just in time for us to hit the sack," Jeonghan mentioned. "Are you really sure you are just okay on the floor?"

"Completely sure."

"Well, then, good night, Seungcheol," Jeonghan turned on a small night light.

As soon as the bright lights went out, both of them drifted in dreamland.

The next morning, Jeonghan was the first one up. Since Seungcheol was still sleeping, Jeonghan decided to take a shower first. Meanwhile, Seungcheol was awakened by the sound of the dripping waters. Looking around, he deduced that Jeonghan was the one taking a shower after he found the bed empty.

As he waited for Jeonghan to finish, he positioned himself so that he was leaning on the bed frame. However, Seungcheol's heart rate skyrocketed when Jeonghan came out of the shower. Jeonghan was fully dressed with a towel hanging around his shoulders. But what messed up with Seungcheol's mind was how Jeonghan looked fresh out of the shower; the messy and still-wet hair and his bare face took Seungcheol's breathe away.

"Why does he look so attractive?" Seungcheol's whispered to himself.

"Morning, Seungcheol," Jeonghan greeted.

"Good morning to you, too," Seungcheol replied.

"Feel free to use the bathroom if you want."

"Oh, okay. Thanks."

After cleaning himself up, Seungcheol, along with Jeonghan, went down after being called for breakfast. Similarly, when Seungcheol informed Jeonghan's parents that he would be leaving after breakfast, they did their utmost best stalling him using various foods, desserts and beverages. Thankfully, Jeonghan was able to convince his parents to let the poor royal vampire go.

"Thank you, ma'am and sir, for your hospitality," Seungcheol bowed to Jeonghan's parents.

"It's our pleasure, Seungcheol. Please visit us anytime," the only female in the room responded.

Jeonghan led Seungcheol to the front door.

"By the way, let us take a picture to commemorate the occasion and also, as proof to Joshua that we did our part," Jeonghan said after Seungcheol put on his shoes.

Jeonghan took two photos of him and Seungcheol and posted it on his SNS account with the caption "Literature project, done!" while tagging both Seungcheol's and Joshua's account.

"Thank you for having me," Seungcheol smiled and tapped Jeonghan's left shoulder.

With Seungcheol's smile and physical contact, Jeonghan's breathe hitched, "Y-yeah. Sure."

With that, Seungcheol went home via the limousine that was waiting outside Jeonghan's house.

Meanwhile, Joshua woke up late because he watched "Paper Towns" twice last night. It was already ten in the morning, prompting Joshua to get up and check his phone for any important notifications. He saw Jeonghan's post which he was tagged in. He replied to the post by commenting a photo of him, fresh from waking up yet still looking presentable, doing the thumbs-up gesture.

After posting his comment, Joshua took a while to stare at the photo which shows two people who he may have taken a liking of. Out of nowhere, he suddenly felt both jealousy and a warm fuzzy feeling. He was jealous because he was not there with them and but the fuzzy feeling came from simply seeing the two of them happy. Even Joshua was confused with himself and the emotions he just felt.

During this time, a notification rang on Seungcheol's and Jeonghan's phone. They opened their SNS account to see Joshua's photo-comment on Jeonghan's post. Both of their jaws dropped when they saw a very good-looking Joshua despite being newly-awake. Out of shock, Seungcheol slowly sat on his bed in his room while Jeonghan crashed himself gently on their living room sofa.

"Haa... I think I have fallen for you two," Seungcheol, Jeonghan and Joshua sighed while still looking at their phones.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30 0 21
Seven friends embark on a quest to save all the worlds from darkness.
1.7K 1 87
IT'S THE RISE OF THE FIRST FAIRIES AND THE ENTIRE WORLD IS ABOUT TO CHANGE. WHEN THE TWO GIRLS MEET SIX OTHER GIRLS THE ADVENTURES DEFINITELY START...
956 518 70
In a world where everybody has an ability, it may seem safe but there are still things this world doesn't know. For example, there are still unknown...
239 39 33
A group of teenagers with special abilities. A legacy in their blood. A blessing or a curse? Will they unite or will their past rip them apart?