Unwanted Flatmate

By adelwang

Looking for a respectful, social and kind flatmate who is responsible about rent and bills, we also can carpo... More

Dave Walker
Alyssa Wheeler
The Stalker
Happy New Year!
Sassy Employee
Enjoy Your Evening!
Smile, Lyssa..
The Deal
Meet The Walkers
Sleeping Beauty
Interoffice Dating
Looking For A Flatmate
Unwanted Flatmate
Humble Yourself
Flatmate's life
Besotted Flatmate
Jealousy Is Killing You
In A Relationship
Go Public
Meet The Wheelers
Monthversarry
Trouble in Paradise
Confidante
Lay Your Card On The Table
Wanted Flatmate

Epilogue

2.5K 108 21
By adelwang

Alyssa

A year later

Dark..

Not that dark outside. It's morning, but Dave blindfolded my eyes once we get into his car. And I have no idea where we are going now. And today is our first year anniversary.

"Um.. can you give me at least a clue?" I ask my boyfriend.

"Nope. Just enjoy the music Lyssa," he says and I hear the music goes louder.

A year with Dave, he managed to make all my insecurities and paranoia gone like a wind. Someone could take a picture of a woman sitting in his lap. I would believe that it's photoshopped or maybe the woman is a bitch. Because.. I know Dave loves me.. so much.. more than anything in this world. I know I am his world, his everything. He looks at me with his heart and love. He knows me better than I know myself.

Not to mention he is so good in bed! Yes yes that too. But that's a bonus. The truth is, when he made love to me, I know for sure that he is in love with me. Crazy right!

By the way, the car just stopped. Too long for a red light. "Dave?"

"Yeah?"

"Are we there yet?"

"Um.. yeah.."

Did I mention to you it's not just him that knows me so well more than myself. I also know him better than himself. Like now, I know he is up to something and yet he is so nervous. I could hear from his voice.

"Are you okay?"

"Can you just.. pretend that you don't know I'm nervous?" He says honestly and I laugh. And he also knows that I know him better than himself.

So, as a good girlfriend. I sit there listening to Dean Eisler and Celeste Young singing their song for the musical movie they played together while waiting for my boyfriend and whatever the plan he has.

The song is finished. I thought we would go down but no, Meredith Hall's voice comes to my ears singing her song from the same movie. One of my favorites! I will pay with all my savings if I can have a voice like her.

Dave inhales deeply.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

""Nothing, come on!"

"Oh okay.." My hands go to the blindfolded but Dave holds me. "No, don't open it. I'll open the door for you," he says and gets out from the car.

I told him I don't need him to open the door for me back then, and until now I still open my car's door by myself, much to his dismay. He wants to spoil me rotten. Guess today I'll let him do so.

"Come on," he says once the door opens.

He takes my hand and helps me to step out from the car. "Where are we?"

"Um.. I'll open the blindfold now," he says with the same nervous voice.

"Okay," I say.

I squint my eyes once the morning sun strikes my eyes. I blink once, twice...

We are standing in front of the house.. a big one, not as big as Goldreich mansion, but it's bigger from my parents' house in Finlandia. There is a small grden in the front, a garage for 2 cars.

I look around, the surrounding neighbor is lovely. I'm sure it's an upper state cluster in New York even though I don't know where it is.

"I don't understand.." I whisper.

Dave takes my hand and leads me inside the house. He has the key to the house. Inside is a beautiful and homey house. Just like my dream. I always want to have a homey house. It resembles a bit to my house in Finland but with more luxury and modernity. From the living room, Dave takes me to the open kitchen. Dining table for 10 people, small island with 3 barstools.

"We cannot go with the smaller dining table. I have 6 people in my family. And yours 6 too including uncle Fred and aunt Adriana. And for sure, my stupid friend will impregnated your sister," he says.

I chuckle.

"He wants a kid that looks like Allison, so if the first one looks like him, he will make another."

"Yeah Alli also said the same. She wants her kids to look like Zac."

"Yeah so. Obviously, at least they will have 2."

"Yeah, obviously," I say, agreeing with Dave.

"And why are we talking about Alli and Zac?" He mutters and takes me to the backyard. From the kitchen we have big windows that can see through the backyard. It's so homey. I love the idea that people can enjoy their meal while looking at the garden.

There is a woody table enough for 8-10 people too. In the corner there is a barbecue. The garden isn't too big but big enough for us to play around with the kids.

"We can have a barbecue if your family is here and my family too. What do you think?"

It's too good to be true, right? I swallow and look at him.

And suddenly there is a bark.

I spin around. I didn't realize that there is a dog there. A golden retriever. I blink. I look back at Dave. "Whose.. whose puppy is that?"

"Yours," he whispers and kisses my head. Dave walks and takes the puppy out. He comes back to me.

"How do you know I always want a golden retriever?" I whisper, but I think I already know his answer and maybe what will happen next.

He smiles at me softly, "someone with the middle name Jane told me," he says.

I caress the puppy. So cute!

"2 months old golden retriever. She still doesn't have a name yet. Because I bought her even before she was born. And I think I will ask my fiancé for the name."

My eyes widened.

Dave lets the puppy play alone. He gets down on one knee and produces the ring. It's not the biggest ring, but it's so familiar. I saw this ring almost for my whole life. It's bigger but the design is the same like.. my mom's engagement ring..

My hands fly to my mouth. "Dave.."

He smiles, but I can see his lips shaky. He is so nervous. "Lyssa.. I'm sorry but I don't think I want you to be my flatmate any longer," he chuckles.

I feel my eyes hot.

"To the woman who fills my day with her smile, her sassiness, her creative idea, her love and her warmth.. I devoted my life for you till the end of time. So.. will you marry me, Lyssa? I promise you, I will make you happier than now. I promise you I will be right here, next to you, to make all your dreams come true. Let's build our own family. Be my wife, be the mistress of this house, our house, our home."

My tears fall freely. I try to answer him but nothing comes up so I nod and lean down, hug him. I don't know whether I crush him so hard or his knee weak from the nervousness. We both fell to the ground and we both laughed.

"I love you, Lyssa," he grins so widely.

"I love you more, Dave," I say and I know my grin is as wide as him.

He pushes me so I can sit down. He sits too. Dave takes out the ring and puts it on my finger. He kisses my finger. "Perfect," he says, looking at me deeply.

Just because I don't know what to say, I hug him tight. "I love you Dave.. I love you so much," I whispers. I feel he kisses my shoulder. "I love you more, Lyssa," he whispers back. I pull back a bit and kiss him, our kiss getting hotter and wilder.

"Do you want to take a tour to the bedroom?" He asks, I can see the lust in his eyes.

I giggle, "yours or mine?"

"Our."

***
Dave

2 years later

My hand is so hurt. But I know if I complained, my wife will kill me. She is in labor. It's been 3 hours and our daughter still thinks it's not her time to come to this world.

I look at Lyssa, who is closing her eyes, either trying to rein her temper to our unborn baby or trying to handle her contraction.

The doctor checks her, "oh it's time!"

"It's about damn time," Lyssa mutters.

I chuckle. 1.5 years of marriage, this woman still knows how to make me laugh effortlessly. And God, I know I'm falling in love with her more and more everyday.

We moved to the house once we were done with all the furniture. Thanks to Allison. She was the one who decorated the house, and she worked so fast and so good. She knew what I wanted and what her sister wanted.

We held the wedding in Finland. I flew my family and close friends there. My family is cool, they don't need a big wedding. Intimate and lovely wedding is more than enough. And hell, I don't care with the wedding as long as the bride is Lyssa. And later, we had a party with my employees of Walker Baby Production.

After the wedding we went to Bora-Bora for a week and it was a blast! The best week in my life.

Once we came back to New York, we went back to our routine. We went to the office together, she worked with her product design, and I handled everything from Walker Production. We went back to our home, took our dog, Honey Jane Walker, for a walk. Honey is a girl, and she is a flirty dog. Our neighbors dogs kept coming to our house for her. And they often brought toys or food for her. Lyssa and I and our neighbors were amused with them. I was planning to give the dog names like Lyssa's dog back then in Finland but she refused. I don't know why, up until now I still don't know the dog's name.

"Push now!" The doctor's words bring me back to presents.

Lyssa doesn't scream or say anything but her nails dig deeper to my skin and her face goes red. I know she is pushing like the doctor told her.

"Nice one, Mrs. Walker. Hold on. Wait for me," the doctor says.

Lyssa is panting.

"You can do it, honey," I kiss her head.

"Why could Honey give birth to 6 puppies in one time?" Lyssa asks me weakly. Maybe we are the only couple who discuss a dog in the middle of delivering our baby.

I chuckle. Honey just gave birth 2 weeks ago. No one knows who the father is. She has 3 boyfriends.

"Okay Mrs. Walker. Push!"

Lyssa digs my skin deeper, I'm a second away from groaning, but Lyssa doesn't scream and I'll be damned if I screamed.

But in the end Lyssa screams at the same time the baby cries.

I look at the doctor. The doctor is holding a baby.. my baby.. my daughter. My knees are weak. I almost fall if it's not because of Lyssa's hospital bed. Everything else goes black and white except my daughter.

They put a blanket on her and bring her to me. "Congratulations Mr. Walker. This is your daughter."

And this time I don't care if they think I'm a pussy because I cry. I hold the baby in my hand, once her warm body touches me, I cry. I hold her and kiss her. "Hello baby," I whisper to her.

"Dave.." Lyssa calls me weakly.

The nurse helps me to put the baby on Lyssa's chest.

Lyssa caresses her. "Hey sweetie, welcome to the world. This is mommy," Lyssa smiles at her, while our baby nuzzles comfortably in her mommy's chest. This view.. will forever crave in my heart.

Lyssa looks at me with her smile. If I often thought her smile was beautiful. Today, her smile is.. enchanting.

"Welcome to the world, Delilah Elizabeth Walker," my wife says.

"Baby Liz," I say and Lyssa chuckles softly. "Everyone will call you Lilah except your daddy," she says.

I chuckle too. We've been arguing about this name since we know we are pregnant with a girl. Lyssa and I agreed to name her Delilah, it's like a combination between my name and Lyssa right? No? Yes it is!!

Lyssa said she will call her Lilah. But I said I will call her with something different. We asked our parents and all of them, much to my disbelief, agreed with my wife. So, as always, it's not me if not stubborn. I said I will call her Liz since her middle name is my mom's middle name, Elizabeth. Liz it is. And Lyssa knows that I'm too stubborn to change my mind. Just like when everyone called my wife Lys and I kept calling her Lyssa.

"Mr. Walker, you can inform the family. We will bring your wife to the room. And we need to clean up the baby too," the nurse says.

I kiss my wife and my daughter. "See you soon," I say.

Lyssa smiles at me and I swear my daughter too.

I go outside the labor room. My parents, parents in law, Diana, Marcus, Alli and Zac are there waiting for us. All of them stand up and come to me.

"Baby Delilah Elizabeth Walker has arrived in this world," I say with a grin.

My mom cries, she doesn't know we are using her middle name for our baby. "Oh Dave.." she hugs me and I hug her back.

From my peripheral vision I can see everyone is happy. The women in the family end up with teary eyes.

We go to the room. Lyssa is already there with Delilah. Everyone takes turns to hold my daughter. I stand next to Zac. Zac looks at my arm. "Not better than me," he smirks.

I chuckle and show him my arm. "Hurt as fuck, man," I say in lower voice.

Zac agrees with me. I remember his arm back then when Allison gave birth to their first son. He told me it was hurt as fuck. But we couldn't speak too loud, unless we wanted all the women to throw us a dagger look.

"Dave, I'm thirsty," Lyssa says.

I nod and take the water bottle to her. She drinks and exhales. She links our fingers. "From your flatmate, to a mistress of your house, and now a mother of your daughter," she giggles.

I lean and kiss her lips softly. "The title can keep changing. But one thing remains the same," I say.

"Which is?"

"You are the owner of my heart, Alyssa Walker. Now and forever."

*The End*

Hi, thank you for reading Unwanted Flatmate! I hope you love this book as much as I am. Let me know who is your favorite character in this book!

And if you haven't read Allison Wheeler and Zac Goldreich's love story, take a look at The Billionaire Ever After.

Or maybe you want to check my other books.

The Vibes Series
Book 1 : Trust in You
Book 2: Lost in You
Book 3: Chance With You
Book 4: Together With You
Bonus Book: Magical Christmas

Standalone
Forever Night Stand

Thank you and stay safe!

Love,
A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263K 8.6K 36
a simple yet beautiful hard-working girl falls in love with simply the wrong but the right guy at the same time, jasmine white is a 24 years old wom...
207K 5.2K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
160K 5.6K 41
Zac Goldreich is my first.. literally first in everything. First boyfriend, first love, first kiss, and other first. Including the first guy who brok...
254K 10.4K 20
[COMPLETED] Aiden searched high and low for Fox, his best friend from the institution four years ago. After the incident that nearly took their life...