Follow You | Draco Malfoy

By stark-sarah

Valencia Snape is introduced to Hogwarts in her fourth year with a certain purpose before her. She finds hers... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty Four

811 13 5
By stark-sarah

»»———— SECTUMSEMPRA ————««

After Christmas break, and the Weasleys had been attacked, Harry viewed the memory that had been tampered with. He attempted to get it out of Slughorn, but took the wrong approach. When Ron was affected by a well-brewed love potion, he took him to the Professor. That didn't help their relationship. He needed to come up with a new plan. Ron fell victim to a poisoned Mead, to which Harry narrowly saved him using Bezoar. He ended up in the Hospital Wing, where the other Professors realized the Mead was meant as a gift for Dumbledore. Now they knew for sure someone was trying to attack Dumbledore.

Voldemort wasn't entirely happy with Draco, but he was able to suffice considering Draco was making promising progress on the vanishing cabinet. But he wasn't being wary. He made sure to threaten Draco in such detail that he knew Draco would either get the job done or he would die in the process. He'd be happy with either of the outcomes, but he knew Dumbledore would be out of the equation in the end either way.

"I don't know what to try next." Draco sighed.

"What about a bird, or something?" She shrugged. He looked over at her quickly.

"You're brilliant, darling! Brilliant!" He exclaimed, grabbing her up suddenly and swinging her around. She chuckled as she watched him hurry to catch one. Once he did, they went into the Room of Requirement to try it. She sat in a chair she found and watched. He spoke the incantation, and they heard it's chirping silence. He opened the door to see it had disappeared. He shut it, then said the incantation once more. He opened the door again, and Val walked over to see. They both already knew that it wasn't a good sign they didn't hear chirping or fluttering. The bird was revealed to be dead, and Draco swallowed hard at the sight. That meant they still had a lot of work to do before it was ready to be used. At least they still had time before they had to do it, but they knew Voldemort was getting impatient.

Val was sitting in the Great Hall eating a quick lunch when she noticed Katie Bell was back. She seemed okay. Val felt a little guilty about what had happened, but not entirely since it wasn't really her hand. She had no idea that it was eating away at Draco until she saw his face when he walked into the Great Hall and saw her. Harry was talking to her, of course asking if she remembered anything to which she didn't. But Harry knew the truth from eavesdropping on Draco and Severus the night of Slughorn's Christmas party.

Val saw the panicked expression on Draco's face just before he rushed out of the Great Hall. She knew something was wrong, so she jumped up and took off after him. Harry did the same. She followed him into the Prefect's bathroom. He was having a panic attack. Seeing Katie's face, it made everything harder for him. He could've killed her. He never wanted that. He never wanted to hurt anyone. Not her, not Ron, and he definitely didn't want to kill Dumbledore. He was scared, and he didn't know what to do because he had no way out of this.

He ripped his sweater off, feeling suffocated. He loosened his tie quickly as he leaned over the sink. He turned the water on, then looked up into the mirror. That was a mistake, as all he saw was something terrible. His brain was whispering to him, awful thoughts. He was a failure. He couldn't be a man. He was evil. He was going to be the reason all his loved ones die. He was a disappointment. He couldn't do anything right. He splashed his face with cold water quickly to clear his thoughts, and to feel something. He began to sob, feeling completely broken down and disheartened. He just wanted to be a kid... He hated Voldemort with every ounce of his being.

"Draco?" Val asked as she walked into the bathroom. He turned to look at her quickly. As he did, Harry came up behind her and grabbed her. He held her tightly as he pointed his wand at Draco.

"I know what you did, Malfoy! You hexed her, didn't you?!" Harry exclaimed, wanting to hear him admit it. Then, he could stop him.

"Get your hands off her!" Draco demanded.

"Everyone calm down..." Val mumbled out, having a feeling this wasn't going to be good. Draco casted a spell at Harry, to which he pushed Val out of the way and deflected it. She fell back into the wall, gripping her head when she did. Harry casted a spell back at Draco, and he jumped out of the way. It shattered the mirrors and busted the faucets, making water begin to flood the room. Harry ran off after Draco, but quickly slid out of the way as he casted another spell at him desperately. Harry stood behind the wall for cover, then knelt down underneath the stalls to look for Draco's feet. Draco had already done the same thing, and casted another spell at him. Harry leaned up out of the way. He heard Draco take off running, so he ran, too, aiming to cut him off. He casted a spell he was ultimately curious about that he'd read in his mysterious Potions textbook.

"Sectumsempra!" He yelled, catching Draco as he ran by. Val had finally stood to her feet, and then she heard that spell. She knew that spell. Her father had taught her it. He'd created it. How did Harry know about it? Either way, it wasn't good. Her brain was frazzled, but she rushed over to Draco. He laid on the ground helplessly, blood flooding from invisible wounds on his body. He gasped for air, feeling the life leave his body. He let out small cries of pain, wincing. Val knelt down next to him quickly, frightened by his state. She wracked her brain for the counter spell, knowing she needed to help him before it was too late. Harry walked up behind her slowly, not believing what he'd done. If he killed Draco, he was no better than him or Voldemort himself. The blood mixed with the water, covering Val as she knelt down next to him. She looked over at Harry quickly.

"Why did you use that spell?! What have you done?!" She yelled at him, and he breathed heavily, not knowing what to say. He was in shock. "Go! Get out!"

He quickly took off running, and she turned her attention to Draco. She began to panic, her head hurting as she tried to remember the counterspell. She knew it, she knew she did. Draco used every ounce of his strength to grab her hand. She held it tightly in her own. Tears began to stream down her face as she thought she was going to lose him. Suddenly, the incantation popped into her brain.

"Vulnera Sanentur... Vulnera Sanentur... Vulnera Sanentur." She chanted softly as she waved her wand over his body, reversing the spell and returning his blood to his body. Severus had passed Harry on the way in. He stood there, watching Val heal him. He was proud of her, but angry this had happened. When she finished healing him, Draco just went unconscious. His body had sustained too much. She followed her father in silence as he carried him to the Hosptial Wing. There, she sat by his bed as Madame Pomfrey tended to him. "Madame Pomfrey, is he going to be alright?"

"Don't overbare her, Valencia. She's working." Severus told her, and she just went silent. Draco laid in the bed, a pair of fresh, dry, cotton pajamas now on his body. He was comfortable, his face content as soft breaths left his mouth. His hair was still damp, and it was already beginning to curl. She'd learned that if he didn't put mousse in his hair immediately after getting it wet, it never remained straight. It would be wavy and curly. She thought it was cute that way, but he hated it.

"He'll be alright, Miss Snape. He just needs rest." She replied with a small smile. Val just nodded.

"How did he know that spell?" She asked her father without looking away from Draco. She was so worried about him. If she hadn't been there, he would've surely died. Harry may have known the spell, but he definitely didn't know the counterspell. She was so glad she was there, but she was immensely angry it happened in the first place. As soon as Draco woke up and she knew he was okay, she was going to confront him. He wasn't going to be allowed to get away with this.

"I don't know." Severus lied, but she couldn't tell. "I do know that Draco is lucky you were there. I'm proud of you, Valencia. I didn't expect you to remember that."

"I guess I just have a good memory." She mumbled, looking down at where she held Draco's hand tightly in her own. She wasn't going to let go. She couldn't. That had frightened her. She couldn't imagine losing him, and she almost did. She looked over quickly when her father put his hand on her shoulder.

"You should go get changed." He gestured to her wet and bloody uniform.

She shook her head. "I'm not leaving him."

"I will watch over him while you do. You can come right back." He assured her. She chewed her lip for a moment as she thought about it. Finally, she stood up.

"Promise you won't leave him until I get back?" She asked.

"I promise." He nodded. She gave him an almost undetectable smile before rushing off to her Common Room. Everyone gave her odd looks, considering the state she was in.

"Val, what happened?" Lolita chased after her quickly. Val ignored her. "Hey! Stop avoiding me! What's going on?"

"I don't have time." Val shook her head. "Draco's in the Hospital Wing. I have to get back as soon as I can."

"What's wrong with him? Is he okay?" She asked, concern lacing her voice. It warmed Val's heart to know how much she still cared, after all this time. Through all this distance.

"Harry attacked him, but he's going to be okay." Val explained shortly.

"What? Attacked him? Well, he's not going to get away with this, is he?" She continued berating her with questions. Val didn't blame her. She was worried about her friend, and it was sweet.

"Not if I can help it." Val replied, changing into the sweater Draco gave her for Christmas and a pair of sweatpants. She went to walk out of her dorm, but Lolita grabbed her.

"Don't do anything you might regret." She advised her with a worried expression. Val smiled softly at her before pulling her in for a tight hug. Lolita was surprised at first, but she gladly returned it. Neither of them knew how much they needed it until that moment. With everything Val's going through, and how much Lolita missed her. It was overdue.

"I'm sorry for everything, 'Lita. I really am. I'm trying to protect you." She told her, and Lolita shook her head although she understood where she was coming from. She held her hand tightly in her own as she gave her a smile.

"Remember? That's not your decision to make for me." She said, and Val chuckled slightly. Lolita always made her feel so much better.

"I know, but I'm making it." She whispered, swallowing hard. "I never had a choice, 'Lita. Never."

"I was right, wasn't I?" She shook her head with a sorrowful look. "He's asked you to do it, hasn't he?"

"Not me." Val's eyes began to get glossy. Lolita let out a sigh, and she looked as if she wanted to cry, too. She hated to see her two best friends going through this. It wasn't fair, they didn't deserve this.

"Oh no..." She sniffed, and Val knew Lolita didn't cry often. That just showed how much she cared about them. Lolita wasn't what she seemed like on the outside. She was an incredible witch and an outstanding friend. "It isn't fair."

"I know."

"What are you going to do?"

"We have a plan." She mumbled, and Lolita just nodded. She knew she couldn't say much more. "Draco needs me."

"Go." She urged her. Val gave her one last look before hurrying out the door and back to the Hospital Wing. Her father was still sitting there, watching over him like he promised. It didn't seem he'd woken up yet, but she didn't expect him to right now. She just wanted to be hopeful. She took her seat, taking Draco's hand into hers once more. Severus just watched them for a moment. They were truly in love. Admittedly, when he first met Draco, he thought he was a spoiled little brat. But that was never the truth. It's what everyone thought, and they never gave him a chance. And now, he's a broken, sad little boy who doesn't have a choice. But no one would ever understand.

"Miss Snape is allowed visiting at any hour of the day." Severus told Madame Pomfrey on his way out. She nodded, understanding. She could tell they were so deeply in love, too. A sophisticated, mature, immense love that only a few people ever achieve in their lifetimes. It was something everyone else wished they could have, but they didn't. Everyone could tell that from them.

After a while, Val drifted off to sleep. Her head was laid on the bed next to Draco's leg, and she still held his hand, although gently. So, when he began to stir in the middle of the night, she instantly awoke. She looked over at him quickly. He opened his eyes slightly and squinted at her. "...Val?"

His voice was so weak and frail, he could barely get her simple name out. "Yeah, baby. I'm here."

"Water," He mumbled, and she rushed over to the pitcher of water and casted Aguamenti to fill it up. She poured him a glass, then walked back over to him. She helped him sit up slightly so he could take a drink of it. He finished the whole glass, his mouth and throat being dry and he just felt overall dehydrated. She brushed her hands through the curls of his icy-blonde hair as he relaxed back onto the bed. He turned his head slightly to look over at her.

"I thought you were dead." She sighed. "I panicked, and I couldn't remember the counterspell."

"I've never heard of that spell before." He said, his voice quiet as he was still very weak. She hated to see him like this. It only made her more angry with Harry.

"It's one of my father's."

"How did Potter know it?" He asked, and Val shrugged. They were silent for a moment until he spoke again. "You saved my life."

"Of course I did. I'll always be there to save your life." She replied, looking at him with all seriousness. He didn't doubt that for a second.

"I was so scared." He whispered, and she frowned slightly. "I don't want to die."

"I won't let it happen, you don't have to worry." She assured him, leaning down to kiss his head. It was a nice feeling. "I'm not going to let Harry get away with this either."

"Val," He shook his head slightly. "Leave it alone. I casted at him first."

"It doesn't matter. He shouldn't have used that spell on you. He almost killed you, Draco." She spoke, animosity within her tone.

"Just stay here with me, please. Don't leave me." He begged, and she nodded. "The nightmares, they were awful. And I couldn't seem to wake up. And I was completely helpless."

"Nothing like that is going to happen. I promise." She continued to run her fingers through his hair soothingly.

"Will you lay with me?" He asked, and she nodded. She gently climbed into the bed next to him, resting her head on the bend of his shoulder. She draped her arm around his waist. His fingertips found their way onto her hip. That was the best he could do right now. "I need you to work on the vanishing cabinet while I'm here."

"Of course." She nodded.

"Voldemort told me he was sending the others through on the 30th. No later." He informed her, and she let out a sigh.

"That's next friday."

"I know."

Both of them drifted back off to sleep, and when Val woke up in the morning, Draco was out. She listened to what Madame Pomfrey had to say about his condition, her explaining that he was slowly regaining his strength. After that, she left a small kiss on his head to say goodbye before going to find Harry. She walked through the halls quickly, and eventually spotted him, Hermione, and Ron walking down a long corridor. She came up behind him, grabbing the collar of his robe and turning him around to face her. She pointed her wand at him. Hermione and Ron gasped, but they stepped back out of the way slightly. They didn't think she would do anything, but they knew she was angry. And they understood why, as Harry had explained everything to them.

"I should cast that spell on you! Then, you'll know how much pain he felt! How terrified he was in what he thought was going to be his last moments! I should make you feel the way he did! Maybe then you'll be more careful choosing your spells!" She yelled at him. He stared at her with wide eyes. She really was different now.

"He cursed Katie Bell! And besides, I had no idea what that spell would do!" He replied quickly, attempting to defend himself. He was doing a bad job at it.

"Then why would you use it?! How could you be so stupid to cast a spell that you had no idea what it would do?! How did you find out about that spell?" She pressed her wand into his chest harshly, and he was careful not to make any sudden movements. He wouldn't put anything past her.

"Might I ask you the same thing?!" He retorted, and she gave him a look that told him not to push his luck.

"You're not in a position to be asking questions here." She narrowed her eyes at him.

"He cursed Katie Bell! He tried to poison Dumbledore, and you helped him, didn't you? You're a Death Eater, aren't you?" He pressured her, thinking he'd make her crack. But he was wrong. She reached down and pulled her sleeve up all at once. They stared at her blank arm. He gave her a questioning look. How could he be wrong?

"You don't understand what he's going through! None of you do! You never gave Draco a second thought after you first met him!"

"He was awful!" Harry argued.

"Because you didn't give him a chance! You never got to know him, to understand him! You don't know him like I do! Draco is good, and he doesn't want this! But he doesn't have a choice, he never did! But you always doubted him! Maybe if you'd treated him differently, we wouldn't be here right now. But your unkindness, your closed-minded personality would never allow you to see the light in him. Would it?! Maybe you're the awful one, Harry. Think about that." She got in his face as she spoke. Harry would never admit it to her, but he was feeling terrible about what he did to Draco. They all watched as she turned and walked off.

"I reckon you should be thankful she spared your life." Ron muttered.

"She's right." Hermione mumbled. "Maybe if we'd just tried to be friends with Draco all those years ago, he wouldn't be so... stuck in whatever he's tied up in."

"He made his choices." Harry said, not choosing to feel guilty. But on the inside, it ate away at him.

"It sounds like he never had one to begin with. You know his father. You know how You-Know-Who is." Hermione shook her head with a sigh. "Come on, you have to get rid of that book."

"Not until I find and learn that counterspell." He began walking off to their Common Room, which was where they were going before.

Val had a busy day. Next thing she did was meet with Dumbledore. "I'm sorry for not letting you know ahead of time, Professor. I never meant to barge in on you."

"Nonsense, Valencia. It's always a joy to see you." He smiled brightly at her. It only made her more sad, because she knew what was coming. And she didn't understand how they could avoid it. "What's bothering you?"

"It's to happen on the 30th. Next Friday." She told him, and he nodded. His relaxed composure never faltered. She didn't understand how he could be so calm about this. "Professor, I don't understand. You've just been told your death date, and you're unbothered."

"Have you had a look at my hand?" He asked, and she looked down as he presented it before her. It was black. "A week is enough time for Harry to aquire the memory. Once he does, all will be fine."

"Professor, Draco won't kill you. I know him. He can't do that, he's not capable of it." She shook her head, fearing what would happen if Draco couldn't complete the task.

"I know." He said, to her surprise. She gave him a questioning look. Draco made it seem like he'd never been fond of the great wizard, but really, he admired him. Anyone would be a fool to think Dumbledore wasn't one of the most outstanding wizards of all time. Draco looked up to him, but his father pressured him to hate him. Therefore, they never had any type of relationship. But, Dumbledore watched over all his students. A few of them more than others. And one of them happened to be Draco. He knew of his internal struggles. He knew that Draco was good, and he believed in him. He knew he was never allowed a choice, and he never blamed him. He didn't want him to have to do this, because he cared about him and knew that it would destroy him. But Dumbledore also knew that his death must take place, because if it didn't, then terrible things would happen to the Malfoys, and probably even Val and Severus. And the Order needed them. "There's no need to worry, Valencia."

"I can't not worry when I don't know what you have planned." She replied flatly. He chuckled slightly.

"Don't you trust me?" He asked, and she was silent. She wanted to, she did, but it was hard. "No one will be harmed. Your loved ones will be fine. And everything will work out as it should, for the best. And your true purpose, it shall serve you well. You will be more than capable." He paused. "I must ask this of you, and you must make sure it happens."

"Anything, Professor." She nodded quickly.

"When the time comes, it must be you who disarms me." He said, and she gave him an odd look. "Trust me, Valencia."

"Okay, okay." She sighed out. This was going to be hard. Dumbledore had always been such a kind man. She remembered when she first met him as a child. He complimented her on being very intelligent for her age. They had a sophisticated conversation as she sat on his lap and ate his latest candy obsession until both of their stomachs ached. She would always cherish that memory, especially after everything happens. "I should get going. I have to..."

"I understand." He nodded before she had to finish her sentence. Both of them stood from their seats, and she looked at him for a moment. She couldn't help herself as she went to embrace him quickly. She just felt so bad about what was going to happen. He gladly returned her hug, despite how long it seemed to be. He understood how she felt, and he felt bad that she had to be in this position considering she was just a kid.

She went on her way, then, to the Room of Requirement. She made sure no one saw her when she entered. She had captured another bird. She examined the cabinet, making a few adjustments to it. She knew at this point, there was nothing that could worsen it's condition anymore. She sent a bird through it, saying the incantation she'd heard Draco muster so many times. It would permanently be embedded into her brain. Narcissa had wrote them telling them that the bird's travel to Borgin and Burkes was safe, but the travel to Hogwarts clearly wasn't. That was the important part. After a moment, she said the incantation again. But before she could check, she heard someone coming. She hid around, watching as Harry and Ginny walked in. Harry walked up to the vanishing cabinet, giving it an odd look. It was then that she heard the knocking. There was something in there, something alive. He pulled it open all at once, and the bird flew out. It took everything in her to refrain from jumping up and down with excitement. It worked! The cabinet was fixed! They were going to be okay. She knew that was going to ease Draco's consciousness, but not by much. Because they still had to complete the hardest part— killing Dumbledore.

Ginny demanded Harry close his eyes, then hid a Potions textbook. That must've been her father's old textbook. She wondered how he got his hands on it. She watched where Ginny hid it. Then, she gave Harry a passionate kiss before they left the room. When they were gone, she walked out and grabbed the textbook for herself. Only she knew where it was now, and only she knew she was in possession of it. She was going to keep it that way. She headed out of the Room of Requirement, and back to the Hospital Wing to tell Draco the news.

"You are brilliant, little dove. I can't believe I never thought of doing that." He shook his head. He wasn't overjoyed, but she didn't expect him to be. "I wish I could say that was good news, but that only makes the task... much more apparent."

"I know." She sighed. "It's okay, I'll be there with you every step of the way."

"Do you promise?"

"Cross my heart and hope to die."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.8K 355 25
Gianna Snape, Severus's Daughter; Beautiful, Amazing, Intelligent, Loving, Everything A Boy Could Wish For, But She Doesn't Like To Be Owned. She's...
113K 3.1K 119
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐖𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚�...
30.5K 896 20
After a nearly successful suicide attempt, Draco Malfoy is relocated by his Godfather, Severus Snape, to the one place his parents would never think...
434K 10.8K 27
"If she went, that was it. Everyone would know." Promiscuous, irreverent, but quick witted; Draco Malfoy seems to glide through life unbothered, yet...