Unwanted Flatmate

By adelwang

Looking for a respectful, social and kind flatmate who is responsible about rent and bills, we also can carpo... More

Dave Walker
Alyssa Wheeler
The Stalker
Happy New Year!
Sassy Employee
Enjoy Your Evening!
Smile, Lyssa..
The Deal
Meet The Walkers
Sleeping Beauty
Interoffice Dating
Looking For A Flatmate
Unwanted Flatmate
Humble Yourself
Flatmate's life
Besotted Flatmate
Jealousy Is Killing You
In A Relationship
Go Public
Meet The Wheelers
Monthversarry
Trouble in Paradise
Confidante
Wanted Flatmate
Epilogue

Lay Your Card On The Table

1.5K 82 1
By adelwang

Alyssa

Allison: mom did you and aunt Adriana already decided with the colour you two will wear on the reception in Finland?

Alli and Zac will host 2 parties. One in New York, with the grande reception. And the intimate matrimony in Finland. Allison was planning to have only one reception here in NY, but Zac said that Finlandia meant a lot for his relationship with Alli, so they will have one in Finland with all the intimate and extra ordinary. Far from the extravagant and luxurious one like in NY.

But I think it's because Dad insisted on paying for the wedding but of course Mr. Zac Goldreich wouldn't let it. He wants to give the biggest and most luxurious wedding for his bride. So he came with this idea. Dad pays for the matrimony in Finland, while Zac pays the reception in New York. Sneaky yet perfect solution.

Mom: yes sweetie. Since we will wear blue in NY, we're going with red for Finland. The period red.

Allison: ???

Lys: mom you can choose another word to describe the specific red you're going to wear. I'm sure aunt Adriana can come up with a better name.

Mom: Persian red! Persian. Gosh disgusting!!

Allison: phew

Mom: wait Alyssa Jane Wheeler, you believe that I can come up with that name?

Lys: sometimes your brain is rather creative, mom. You have 2 designer daughters!

Mom: you are grounded!

I chuckle despite my mood. Maybe I should ask mom to text me more often if Dave decided to break up with me. I sigh. He didn't come home (again) last night.

I walk to his room and open it. "I miss you, Dave," I whisper and sit on his bed. And laying there, inhaling the pillow, it has his scent.

Ping. I look at my phone. Alli texts me, privately.

Allison: Hey, Lys.. did you just wake up? I just want to inform you that last night Dave was drunk, so he slept here. He just woke up and said that he went back to his place. I don't know which one but Zac said most likely to his own apartment.

Lys: okay. Thanks Al.

Allison: and before you come up with another assumption. He told us that he needs to shower and shave his gorilla whisker before you reject him because you thought he is a Santa Claus. He forgot that last night you looked like an iguana.

I chuckle.

Allison: and.. sorry, but I asked him about the picture on instagram you told me yesterday. About the woman in the red daring dress. Dave went to a bar with Dean. There was a group of women who came to their table and asked for pictures. You know Dean and his famousity. But nothing happened. That red woman tried to initiate something with Dave, she told him her friends are playing truth or dare. And she got a dare to kiss Dave. But Dave refused her, so they settled with a pic. So, relax. It's not like what you think, k?

Lys: Were Dave drunk when he answered you?

Allison: not too drunk but high enough to not make up any story.

Lys: thanks Alli.

Allison: love you sis.

Lys: By the way, is the renovation at Dave's apartment finished?

Allison: ???

Lys: You renovated his apartment, right?

Allison: um.. why don't you go there and check by yourself :)

I bite my lower lip. I know in that instant that.. Allison does not renovate Dave's apartment.

Why does Dave have to lie to me?

***

Dave

I just finished cleaning up myself. Back to the Dave Walker default appearance. No more gorilla style, based on Zac.

I look at my watch. Is Lyssa already having her breakfast. I need to man up and talk to her. I was ready to call her when my intercom rang.

"Yes?"

"Morning Mr. Walker. This is Gabe from security. We have Ms. Alyssa Wheeler here."

"Alyssa?"

"Yes. I just look at your guest list, we don't have her name here so I-"

"Yes let her in and put her in my guest list. So next time you don't have to ask for my permission. She is welcome anytime."

"Alright. Sending Ms. Wheeler up now."

"Thanks," I say and we end the call.

Lyssa is here. I start to grin and I stop. What if she fed up with me and my avoiding her this week. Shit!!!! Should have gone straight to her place. But I need to clean up like Zac said. What if she disgusts with my bushy bread and wrinkled clothes.

But now, I can't help the cold sweat on my back. Shit!!! What if she came to tell me that we're done?

No shit, Walker! Why are you so negative thinking? It's not like you at all!

Fuck! I caress my jaw. I wait in front of the elevator for Lyssa. Whatever it is.. it's time for me to face the truth. My mouth feels so dry. Jesus Christ.

Ding!

The elevator opens and Lyssa looks up. Her caramel eyes find mine. "Lyssa..." Oh God, she looks so beautiful yet vulnerable. Now I know what the meaning is when Zac told me that he would slay all the dragon for Allison. Because now I feel that feeling. I will do anything, everything just to make Lyssa smile.

"Dave.." she whispers and comes closer to me.

I try to say something but I can't find my voice.

"Um.. your apartment is so neat. Did Allison finish with the renovation?"

"Excuse me?" I frown. What did she say? I thought we were done with different pages, different books.

"The renovation. You told me that you moved to my apartment because you are renovating this apartment."

No shit! One of my stupid lie reasons. That's why liars go to hell.

"I.. um.."

She looks around. "Which one did my sister renovate?"

"Lyssa.." I take her hand and walk her to the couch. At least farther from the elevator, so when she decided to bolt away I can grab her hand to prevent her from running away. I take her to sit on the couch, and my hand is still holding her.

She still looks around. I look at her deeply. She looks so pretty in her sleeveless crop top lime and long black jeans. Perfect for New York spring

"Lyssa look.. it's.. um.."

She smiles encouragingly at me.

"Lyssa.. I'm sorry I lied to you when I said that I asked Allison to renovate this place."

She just looks at me, her smile is still there.

"I.. I lied because I want to be your flatmate. Remember? Back then you were so adamant for me to move to your place. I had to find a lot of reasons and yet I had to force myself into your place. I'm sorry Lyssa, it was never my intention to keep lying to you. I should have told you, but I literally forgot. Until now you mention it. I--"

She puts her finger on my mouth. "Okay," she says softly.

"Okay?" I am confused.

"I forgive you Dave. After all you always know what I need better than me," she says and smiles.

"Really?"

She nods. "Um.. as long as you forgive me too."

I look at her.

"I was stupid. I guess I owe you an explanation. I.. I was afraid Dave.."

"Afraid of me?" I frown.

"No.. not of you.. I was afraid of our relationship. You weren't my first boyfriend, but yet you feel like the first one."

"Lyssa, I'm confused.."

She chuckles and holds both of my hands. "Let me tell you from the beginning. The reason why I didn't tell you about the lease at our apartment because.. I was afraid by the end of the year, we aren't together anymore. I'm sorry but your reputation made me think that our relationship will not long last. I know you showed me that I'm special, but I couldn't help it. I am afraid that one day you come to me and dump me. Because it's too late, Dave. I'm falling in love with you. And I'm so afraid to see my future without you." Lyssa keeps talking but the only words register in my head is 'I'm falling in love with you'.

"Lyssa stop."

She clamps her mouth, looks at me worried.

"I.. I need you to repeat for me."

"Which one?" She asks warily.

"You said you're falling in love with me? Is that true or it was just my imagination you said that?"

She chuckles and kisses my lips so softly. "I love you Dave.. I've been in love with you even before you told me you love me, but I'm just too cowardly to admit it," she says softly.

I pull her and crush her mouth with mine. I kiss her senseless. Lyssa moans under me, but she pushes me a bit. "We... we need to talk first."

"It can wait," I say, trying to pull her to me.

"No, Dave.. We need to talk first. I realized, our relationship is too whirlwind with our lust. We need to talk. We need to communicate first."

And Zac's words ring on my mind. Lay your card on the table. I inhale deeply and pull her to me. "Okay we talk, but I want you to be close to me," I say, wanting to touch her.

She chuckles and stands up a bit just so she can sit on my lap. "Is this better now?"

I nod and smile at her, she smiles back. "We are so silly," she says.

"I don't care."

She smiles. "Where were I earlier?"

"Um... I just remember you told me you love me, " I say. Lyssa laughs. "I told you more than that I think. Anyway, let me continue. Um.. So now you know the reason why I didn't tell you about the lease, right? Because I was afraid that by the end of the year we are not together anymore. But of course, I'm wrong. I can't do that to you."

I nod. "yes you were wrong."

She pouts. "I know.."

I kiss her mouth. "But I forgive you."

She smiles. "Thank you.. and.. I promise to myself that I will be honest with you.. I was insecure with the women around you, Dave. The woman who was in your office last week. Remember?"

I blink. "Which one?" Why don't I recall there is another woman around me? All I can remember is her and only her?

She pouts. "Our first month anniversary."

"Ah.. Holy. Her name is Holy, she was my ex. She is working in a printing company now. She was there to give me a deal. And I'm not going to lie to you, Lyssa. She... um.. propositioned me," I say slowly.

She sighs. "I thought so.."

"But I didn't say yes. Trust me. It's not even crossed my mind to bed her," I say honestly.

"I know, Dave. I trust you. It's her I don't trust. I'm not an over protective, clingy girlfriend. But I don't like when women try to steal my boyfriend." She pouts adorably.

I couldn't help my grin "so, you are jealous, yes?"

"Hopelessly," she breathes.

And just because my girlfriend is too cute with that frown I kiss her mouth. She responds to my kiss but after a while she pushes me again.

"I'm not done," she says breathlessly.

I look at the tent on my pants. She looks too and she giggles. "Mind out of gutter, Walker," she says.

I nuzzle her neck. "Continue," I say, inhaling her caramel scent. It's intoxicating.

"And I was curious too with the woman who tagged you in instagram," she says.

"The one Alli asked me?" I pull back to see her face.

She nods. "It was me who told her. I asked her if pit is possible for you to hook up with another woman... because we were fighting when you went to LA..."

"No. No way. Never. I was a playboy Lyssa, but I never was a cheater. Not even when I was with my ex, or about to break up with them. Trust me Lyssa. And I would never ever cheat on you. I treasure you and love you. I'm not going to fuck up things with you, especially not with cheating," I say.

She nods and hugs me. "I know. And I'm sorry for ever thinking that.."

"That woman came with her friends to our table. I was sitting with Dean Eisler, Zac's brother. And as always he drew attention in every place he went. The women came for him. And I don't know how but she told me she was playing truth or dare with her friends. And she got a ridiculous dare."

"Such as?"

"Um.. dare to kiss me."

"And?"

"And I said no. I have a girlfriend," I say honestly.

"And?"

"And she settled with a picture. She posted a picture of us and tagged me."

"And?"

"Um... she slid a DM to me," I say warily.

"And?"

"And?" I am confused.

"Did you reply to her text?" She asks warily.

"Hell no, Lyssa! I told you I would never cheat on you. You can check my phone," I answer like she just asked me the most ridiculous thing in the world.

She giggles. "Just make sure," she says.

"You being ridiculous," I say.

"I know. But I'm telling you, Dave." She looks at me deeply. "If you want to be with me, you have to accept my insecurities. My.. ridiculousness, just like you said. I was trying my best to ignore my insecurities, but I know it's not healthy for me, for us, for our relationship. I don't mean I'm not going to work on it. But I want you to know that.. I love you, and I hate it when there are women out there trying to worm their way to you."

I smile. My heart feels so full. I hate a clingy girlfriend, but the way Lyssa said it, it's not clingy. It's just mirroring what I feel for her.

"And I love you Lyssa. Trust me I will try my best to make things work between us. I'm sorry my past clouded your brain. But I promise you. I'll show you that you are special. That I'm not the man I used to be. Just.. trust me," I say, caressing her cheek.

"I do, Dave. Let me know if I'm too much," she says.

"And let me know if I'm crowding you too much, okay?"

She shakes her head. "You never crowded me. It was me and my muddled thought."

"So.. since you told me that I'm not crowding you.. will you move in with me? Don't look at the single bedroom apartment, Lyssa. It's not as good as here," I say, looking at her deeply.

She smiles softly. "Sure, I want to be your flatmate."

"Excuse me?" I frown. Did I hear right? I'm asking her to move in with me as my girlfriend, she is talking about flatmates? Are we still on different pages of different books?

"Yes, I would love to be your flatmate, here, in your apartment Dave."

What the hell?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

948K 28K 38
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...
81.3K 3.1K 36
The hottest night in my life became a nightmare when she ran away in the middle of making out with me, and worse, after that night, I couldn't bring...
1.2M 49.5K 64
Jamie is happy with life, he has everything under control and every day is the same, just like he wants it. He is a loner by choice, girlfriends and...
264K 8.6K 36
a simple yet beautiful hard-working girl falls in love with simply the wrong but the right guy at the same time, jasmine white is a 24 years old wom...