Cardfight!! Vanguard G: Z Wor...

By 8mefox

(カードファイト!! ヴァンガードG: Z ワルド) (Kaadofaito!! Vangaado G: Z Warudo) #1 in Shounen [BOOK 2 OF THE CRAY'S COLLAPSE E... More

Prologue
Opening 1-The LiBERTY
Ending 1-Mozaiku Kakera
Promotion Page
#1: Yozora Shinsei
#2: Callum Sykes
#3: Spring Break
#4: Inferno
#5: Drachma
#6: "Wanna go on a date?"
#7: Zeroth Race
Question and Answers 1
#8: "I'll see you soon, bro."
#9: Blurred Intentions
#10: Masaru Kurenai
#11: "Don't stop me."
#12: Luquier
Opening 2-One Me Two Hearts
Ending 2-Button
#13: Sullivan
#14: Zoa
Question and Answers 2
#15: Kyoto
#16: Europe
#17: Dust
#18: England
#19: Delete
#20: Reach the Peak
#21: Ultima
Question and Answers 3
#22: Jazz-hands
#23: Magia
#24: China
Opening 3-Ideal White
Ending 3-Challenge the GAME
#25: Unwanted Allies
#26: Izanoku Shinoa
#27: Water Towns
#28: Snow
Question and Answers 4 Part 1
Question and Answers 4 Part 2
#29: Redemption
#30: Megiddo
#31: Missing Two
#32: Hellhard Eight
#33: "I'll get your vengeance, mistress."
#34: Advancement
#35: Victory
#35.5: Christmas Naito
Question and Answers 5 Part 1
Question and Answers 5 Part 2
Opening 4-World End
Ending 4-Glory
Cardfight!! Vanguard G: Z World 2019 PV
#36: Pride
#37: Illusions
#38: Thunder
#39: Hole
#40: Zero
#40.5: Circumstances
#41: Vessel
#42: Shattered
Question and Answers 6
#43: Black Overlord
#44: "I am..."
#45: God of Destruction
#46: Heritage
#47: Observing
#47.5: In Mother Russia Game Plays You
#48: Gyze
#49: Yza Blade
Question and Answers 7
Afterword
#49.5: Ira Hitsuzen
Opening 5-Now or Never | Ending 5-Joker ni Yoroshiku
#50: To the next stage...
#51: Portal to Cray
#52: Removing the Joker
#53: Investigation Start-up
#54: Crystal Edge
#55: Imaginary Dive
#56: Saving the person who saved me
Question and Answers 8
#57: Back Lion
#58: Rukia Takanori
#59: Back Space
#60: Welcome Home
Opening 6-Complication | Ending 6-Stay Alive
#61: He whispers into my ear
#62: Searching for Answers
#62.5: Zak's Christmas
#63: Black Fire
Question and Answers 9
Opening 7-Donut Hole
Ending 7-Never Say Never
#64: Unmasked Victory
#65: Shattered Memories
#66: V22
#67: Ayaza Ganki-Vulcan
#68: Cherry Blossom Trees
#69: Kakusei Amehana
#70: Confession of Love
Question and Answers 10 Part 1
Question and Answers 10 Part 2
#71: Shooting Star
- Part 2
- Part 3
- Part 4
- Part 5
- Part 6
- Part 7
- Part 8
#72: Return
#73: Our Future
#74: Trip Down Memory Lane
#75: Graduation Day
#76: Festival
- Part 2
- Part 3
- Part 4
- Part 5
- Part 7
#77: Good Game
Epilogue
Author's Note
Credits
Cardfight!! Vanguard: Generations PV

- Part 6

42 5 16
By 8mefox

The countdown to the final battle had begun in the heart of the festival. Everyone attending had gathered here, whether on purpose or by accident, in the stage of dreams.

Zeon, who had brought Shizuka here so he could get help finding her parents from Ryuzaki, was shocked by what he saw.

"What the...?" From the crowd of people, he noticed Rukia and ran to her. "Do you have any idea what's going on?"

"No clue. I was told to come here by a guy named E." Rukia munched on a yakisoba bun. "Who's the little girl?"

"Oh, she's a lost child... I was going to ask Ryuzaki to help me find her parents, but..." Zeon looked at Shizuka who was too preoccupied eating the dango he'd bought for her. "Instead I ended up spending most of my money feeding her so she wouldn't cry, haha..."

"She's a glutton, huh?" Rukia tore off some of her yakisoba bun and presented it to her. "Want some?"

"Yes please!" Shizuka happily accepted Rukia's offering and started eating it. "Thank you!"

"She said her name's Shizuka Chabashira... know anyone with that last name by any chance?" Zeon joked.

"Hmm... no, I don't. Actually, isn't Zak's editor a "Chabashira"?"

"Is he? What's the chance he's the dad?"

"Chabashira's a rare surname. It wouldn't hurt to try. I saw Izanoku and Zak around here somewhere earlier... oh, there they are!" Rukia pointed over in the distance.

"Ah, cool. Thanks for the help!"

Zeon quickly rushed over to them.

"Hey, Zak!"

"Oh, if isn't Zeon. How are you doing this fine evening..." Zak stopped mid-sentence and put a hand on Zeon's shoulder, squeezing it hard. "You have five seconds to explain why you have Shizuka or else I'll beat you half to death like I did with Inu."

"E-eh?! U-uh... t-this is a misunderstanding! I didn't kidnap her! I found her lost and crying! She let go of her mom's hand! I was trying to help her find her parents!" Zeon calmed down as Zak loosened his grip. "W-wait, you knew her name... does that mean?"

Zeon looked at Shizuka, who was too busy licking the yakisoba sauce off her fingers to take notice of her surroundings.

"Oh thank god, you found her! I know who this little meat monster is because she's my editor's daughter."

"Wow... talk about living in a small world."

"Amatsuyu wouldn't stop calling me every ten minutes asking if I've seen her!" Zak picked up Shizuka and raised her into the sky like a trophy. "AMATSUYU, I HAVE YOUR DAUGHTER RIGHT HERE!!!"

Like the overprotective father he was, Amatsuyu heard Zak's cry from miles away, and ran at the speed of light to retrieve his precious daughter from him. Once Shizuka was in his hands, Amatsuyu hugged her extremely tightly.

"SHIIIIIZUKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I THOUGHT I LOST YOU FOREVER! DADDY WAS SO SCARED AND WORRIED FOR YOU! DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!" Amatusyu cried while Shizuka continued to lick sauce off her fingers, completely unaware of what was happening since she was being tossed from person to person so quickly.

"Daddy! I found yoooooou!" Shizuka squealed, realising who was holding her now. She giggled happily. "I want more yakisoba daddy! More yakisoba!"

"YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE YAKISOBA IN THE WORLD SWEETHEART! JUST NEVER LEAVE DADDY'S ARMS EVER AGAIN!"

"Talk about loving your daughter too much... at least thank the kid who found her." Zak flicked Amatsuyu's forehead.

"Ow..." Amatsuyu looked at Zeon who stood there awkwardly. "Thank you so much! As a token of my gratitude, you can get the next volume of Circumstances for free!"

"T-that's not necessary! I'm just glad I could help."

"Do you know why everyone's gathered here, Zeon? I thought the concert didn't start until ten." Izanoku said.

"Not a clue. Did you get told to come by?"

"Yeah, Ayato said he and Callum would be here... but I can't see them."

"Maybe we spoke too early. Look, they're backstage." Zak pointed out the orange jumpsuit that stood out from behind the stage.

"Since when could they sing?!" Izanoku squeaked.

"Dunno. Let's check it out."

Izanoku and Zak jumped over the barriers and poked their head backstage, where lots of people who were preparing for the concert were now packing up and evacuating from the scene.

"Sorry about the inconvenience, sorry about he inconvenience." Ayato and Callum were bowing to the people who had to temporarily leave due to Lucine's plans.

"Pffft, Callum looks like a dork!" Izanoku giggled.

"And here I thought Callum learnt the drums or something in jail." Zak said.

"Shut up, I'm only doing this cos Ayato forced me to, you dip!"

"Ryuzaki's orders. His pay is mighty. Sorry for the inconvenience." Ayato bowed.

"Inconvenience doesn't even begin to describe what a tragedy this has been! You told us that we could begin preparing for the concert at 8pm! Now you're saying that the times got mixed up with a stage play and we're on the 10pm time slot? The management here is appalling, simply appalling!"

The one acting like a drama queen backstage was the male idol, Kyouya Tsubasa.

"Just shut up and deal with it! It's only a two hour delay! You can even kill time at the festival, you ungrateful prick!" Callum growled at Kyouya.

"And the fact management had the gall to hire a criminal to apologise over this mess of a schedule... oh, is this what cheap labour has amounted to these days? My heart weeps for your soul! I am truly devastated this is what the world has come to! Someone, catch me, please, I feel faint~" Kyouya continued his overdramatic spiel.

"Can I shank him? I wanna shank him." Callum grumbled.

"You're on parole, don't say these things while I'm around..." Ayato said.

"He's like this normally, don't worry. I'd be more concerned if he wasn't acting like a weirdo." Chiharu explained, walking up to them.

"Oh Chiharu darling, what is going on? Why must my poor soul stay here? I'd love to bide my time spending it at this marvellous festival like the criminal suggested, but Ryuzaki told me to sit in the stands!"

"If he said it, then you should do it. I have a bad feeling something's about to happen... and you guys shouldn't even be backstage." Chiharu said, referring to Izanoku and Zak. "If you've come here, then it probably means you're also involved with whatever he's cooking up. All we can do is take a seat and wait."

"Your tone is serious... this must be bad! Ah, what trouble has the great Kyouya gotten himself into now? Universe, please give me a break~" Kyouya leaned back, nearly falling to the ground.

At the stands, Harusui was scalding Kotaro and Tensai over spying on them. Shouri watched awkwardly as she blitzed them with insults.

"Honestly, Grandfather, Kotaro! I'm not a little girl anymore either! My god."

"I-I'm sorry sis... it won't happen again..." Kotaro mumbled in shame.

"I have made a severe and continuous lapse in judgment, and I don't expect to be forgiven. I'm simply here to apologise." Tensai said.

"Now, most importantly... did you see what happened in the forest?" A dark aura consumed Harusui as she stared down at them.

"We didn't make it that far..." Kotaro mumbled. "We gave up on spying once you guys ran in there."

"Instead, we played the gun shooting stall. There was a young lass next to me who was really good with the rifle!" Tensai said.

Diake fired holy water at Yza.

"Hey! What was that for?!" Yza was carrying a bowl of Rina's ramen.

"I thought you were on a date with my sister. So why are you here by yourself on the rooftop of the stage?"

"Uh... if I told you I was also an idol performing at the concert, would you believe me...?"

Diake shot Yza with more holy water.

"I'll take that as a no..."

"Geez, this place is packed. I didn't know they opened the centre this early." Backlion said.

"Can you see Lucine?" Akari asked.

"You'd think finding a girl with big tits and purple hair would be easy... no, of course I haven't!"

"You're usually good at sniffing out girls, c'mon, ganbare, ganbare. Use that flirt sensor of yours, or something."

"I'd love to, but I genuinely can't see her. I never noticed how colourful everyone's hair is until now..."

"You're here to see Lucine too?" Usui asked.

Backlion and Akari turned around, meeting face to face with the people from Card Capital. Akari's eyes widened.

"Yeah... uh, do I know you?" Backlion asked.

"You know me." Hiyoku popped out from behind.

"Me too!" Ayo threw up a peace sign.

"That's two familiar faces at least..."

"I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to Akari." Usui said.

"Huh? Akari, you know them?!"

"We used to go to the same card shop, the original Card Capital... they taught me how to play Vanguard." Akari explained. "I can't believe it, it's really you guys. Haruka, Usui, Yato, Amai!"

"It's good to see you again. The fact that you guys are also looking for Lucine makes me think she's set this up."

"I swear to God if she brought us here for a shitty reason, I'm going to rip her head off with my foot!" Haruka growled.

"L-looks like we'll get our answers now..." Yato pointed at the stage.

Entering the front stage was Lucine and Ryuzaki. With a mic in her hand, Lucine explained the situation to the crowd.

"The underworld is coming to attack the surface in revenge as we speak! Please, for the sake of everyone, those of you who can fight, I urge you to join us in the battle!"

"And if Lucine's rousing speech didn't convince you, I'll pay those who join." Ryuzaki added, a bucket of popcorn in his hands.

The crowd went silent in shock. They had never heard of any of this before. A murmur spread through the people. A nervous look started to emerge on Lucine face.

"Please! I beg of you!" Lucine bowed deeply. She was prepared to grovel on the ground if necessary.

"You don't have to beg or plead for my help!" Zeon shouted, standing up. "You saved me once. It's my turn to save you!"

"He's right! I don't care who the hell these underworld bastards are, but if they're gonna ruin this amazing festival, I'll kick their asses!" Raijin shouted.

"If shanking's off the table, I'll just have to loop them to death with Assassin, innit!" Callum shouted.

"Of course we'll fight! When things get too difficult, we'll always be there to help! Isn't that right, everyone?!" Akari shouted.

"Yeah!"

"We'll fight!"

"That's right!"

"Let's win!"

"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!"

The crowd rallied together, crying out passionately in support. Their positive cheers and kind words relieved Lucine's heart. A small smile broke out on her face as she witnessed something magical.

It was the invisible web that connected all of these different people that came from all different corners of Tokyo.

"Thank you! Thank you everyone!" Lucine exclaimed, bowing deeply. "I can't thank you enough!"

"I am so glad Fox decided to pull this plot out of his ass last minute. Fuck Gyze, this is a thousand times cooler." Ryuzaki said, flicking popcorn into his mouth.

The sound of whirring could be heard in the distance. Everyone turned their heads to the sky, seeing a large helicopter quickly approaching them.

"They came faster than I anticipated.. alright everyone! Get ready, the show's starting momentarily!"

As the helicopter stationed itself just above the stage, Lucine and Ryuzaki jumped off it to avoid being squashed. While it was hovering, the crowd experienced a violent draft of wind being sent their way from the spinning rotors.

(Play song in the media here)

"Here comes the gatecrashers!"

The door slid open, revealing the members of the Mayhem Attack Squad inside. They jumped out of the helicopter, making their grand entrance onto the stage. Kuro landed first, followed by Shisue, the rest of the Round Knights, Max, and Mineta.

"Welcome to the surface everybody!" Kuro spread his arms out magnificently, smiling sadistically at the crowd. "Let's get this revenge party started."

The helicopter suddenly blew up, causing a huge explosion in the sky. Pieces of hot shrapnel flew out and disintegrating flames danced through the smoky air.

Seeing how many people Shisue brought with her gave Lucine the confidence she needed. Compared to the Mayhem Attack Squad, the Lightning Moon Alliance she had put together on short notice had nearly ten times the numbers they did.

"There's only fourteen of you, and you're completely surrounded by all of us! What makes you think you have any chance of winning?" Lucine exclaimed.

"Sure, there might be a hundred of you, but how many of them are able to take down the underground's strongest? The King and his elite Knights of the Round Table is suffice enough to win a war like this!"

"Don't underestimate our strength just because we play Vanguard in a less ruthless environment than you! We're just as strong as you guys, if not, even stronger!"

Rentaro stepped out from the backstage and looked at his girlfriend with narrowed eyes. Shisue looked over her shoulder, and casually waved at him.

"Ossu." She said.

"Is this really the hill you're gonna die on, Shi?" He asked.

"I'm sorry I kept it a secret from you, Ren. I knew for a long time your family was responsible for the Night of Miserable Church."

"Then... why the hell did you date me?!"

"Because I liked you. Names don't matter when it comes to matters of the heart. Haven't you read Romeo and Juliet before?"

"I dropped outta high school, you twit."

"It's nice to see some things never change." Shisue smiled slightly.

"Tch. I'm not fighting you. Someone else can deal with your senseless ass."

"Hai hai."

Shisue stepped forward, looking straight at Lucine. Lucine stepped onto the stage, pushing her deck against her chest to give her courage.

"I want to end everything here, Shisue. That includes our family's long standing feud."

"Mitsuki vs Ikumashi. A fated battle that's bound to happen sooner or later."

"You're already in a relationship with my brother. You don't need to blackmail anyone else anymore! He'll— we'll be there for you!"

"If deep down you care for me, cast those feelings aside. As an Ikumashi... I have a job to do. I'm not going to hold back because we used to go to the same school or because I'm dating your brother. We're adults now. Not kids."

Shisue's cold rejection of Lucine's outstretched hand made Lucine lower her head and bite her bottom lip.

"Fine... if that's how it is... as a Mitsuki, I also have a job to do!" Lucine slammed her deck onto the holographic fight table that manifested before her.

"Oh yeah, investing in holographic technology was totally worth it." Ryuzaki bragged.

"Shisue Ikumashi, I will beat you! And when I do, I want you to stop blackmailing for good! This includes Riku's blackmail!"

"Deal, Lucine Mitsuki. But in exchange, if I win, I want your family to stop targeting mine." Shisue slammed her deck down, manifesting a holographic fight table.

"That's fine by me!"

"Then let's begin... the last waltz."

The other thirteen Mayhem Attack Squad members converged on the stage to decide who they wanted to fight from the hordes of possible opponents standing before them.

"Those of you who wish to fight us, come forward. We'll take on multiple people at once!" Kuro roared.

"In that case..."

Two people from the backstage stepped forward and dragged Kuro into a cardfight.

"You got me into this mess... you put my career on the line... you took revenge using blackmail of all things...! If you were a real cardfighter, then you would've solved things from the start like this, you despicable coward! I'll make you pay for lifting your nose up at the Crimson Empress!" Riku screamed.

"I'll take you on, you shitty faker! Just like last time, and the time before that, I'll grind you into the ground and turn you into human bean paste! This fight will be hell for you!" Rentaro cackled, kicking the air to summon a holographic fight table.

"Yes...! This is perfect! That bastard Rentaro's been driving me up the wall for ages, and I can have my sweet revenge against Riku Akusa for humiliating me!" Kuro licked his lips and slammed his deck down. "This time... I'll crush both of you, thoroughly!"

"I'll take on the easiest opponent, please!" Mineta, the weakest underworld fighter, requested that with a scummy smile.

"Taking the easy way out is a no-no!" Popping up from under the stage was Hanafi. "You get to fight me instead as your punishment!"

"Noooooooooo!" Mineta cried. "N-not you! Anyone but you! Eeeeeeeeek!"

"Holy shit, I thought I blasted you to the corner of this universe! Why the fuck are you back here?!" Ryuzaki exclaimed at Hanafi.

"Multiverse traveller, duh. Oh, and Fox wants the funny haha meme fight between me and Mineta. Sounds like a clown fest, just like his books!" Hanafi smiled at you.

"We're cancelling Fox a second time." Ryuzaki looked at me in editorial anger.

"I expected you to come after me." Max sighed. "Just to preface, I'm not a Knight of the Round Table. I'm your regular old underworld citizen."

"Nobody asked." Wyvon said. "If you came crawling out of the underworld, then do me a favour and go back to it!"

"Is it okay if I join you?" Rina asked. "I want to be by your side for this."

"...just this once. Only because you're stronger now." Wyvon said.

"Wait a sec... down there, is that Yahame? Holy shit, that dude really did go underground!" Usui's eyes lit up. "Come with me guys, we're body slamming this loser a second time!"

"That, I can drink too! Woo!" Amai, tipsy from the wine, followed him cheerfully.

"Afterwards, can I kick his ass physically?!" Haruka exclaimed excitedly, doing a bicycle kick in the air mid-run.

"G-guys, let's not resort to violence!" Yato cried while following them.

"Hey, if it's okay, I'm gonna-" Akari started, before being interrupted by an excited Backlion.

"Oh shit, they're having a student council reunion down there! Count me in!" Backlion jumped down.

"I mean... I guess that works out." Akari mumbled, following Usui's lead.

"I can be a good boyfriend when I try." Backlion mumbled to himself and laughed as he looked at Akari over his shoulder.

"Hey, loser! Long time no see your ugly mug, dumbass!" Usui exclaimed.

"I don't remember Usui being so hot-headed." Akari mumbled.

"When he hasn't had his coffee, Usui gets all fired up!" Haruka grinned.

"So this is the shit you've been up to after I kicked your ass in Card Cap, huh? Nice to see some things don't change."

"Let's just get this over with." Yahame sighed.

"Guess I'll take my shot at the angsty dudes there, there, and there." Daiki pointed out three crowd members.

"HUH?! WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME YOU BITCH ASS PUNK?! I'M NOT ANGSTY, I'M FUCKING ANGRY! I'M FUBUKI MOTHERFUCKING ANSEI GOD DAMN, PROTAGONIST SLAYER! AND YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE A PROTAG, BUT YOU DESERVE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKING SPANKING ANYWAYS, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

"It's cute you think I have temperamental problems like these two. I'll make you regret lumping me in with them." Ayato smirked.

"Angsty my fucking ass, your haircut looks like it came from the 2000s." Shouri snarled.

"Good to see you still have some fight left in you. I was worried I might've sapped it all earlier." Harusui teased.

"B-be quiet." Shouri mumbled. "Who are you gonna beat up then?"

"My brother for spying on us the entire time." Harusui said with a smile.

"I said I was sorry..." Kotaro sighed.

"Ha, I mean from the underworld."

"Hmm, they all look very punchable. His face looks the most punchable though!" Harusui pointed at Shinzo.

"More like his face hasn't seen the light in ages... Jesus Christ, look at the bags under his eyes. They're worse than mine!"

"That's why he looks the most punchable. He's sleep deprived, so this will actually benefit him, the poor thing."

Shinzo was sleeping on the floor, before being rudely awakened by Harusui kicking him in the sides.

"Oof... yawn."

"Wake up sleepyhead. It's time to rise and fight!"

Towering above Shinzo was Harusui and Kotaro.

"Uh... yawn. Right... yawn... everyone here looks so boring... yawn... I fell asleep... yawn." Shinzo rubbed the back of his neck and clicked it.

"I feel insulted by that statement... and I like sleeping!" Akane, half awake, wandered over to her fellow sleeping brethren in anger. She wiped her drool with the back of her sleeve.

"You use Evil-eye Vidya Emperor, Shiranui "Rinne", I'm the King of Vidya Games, your dad is CEO of an idol company, my uncle works at Konami, I say it's time to d-d-duel!" Nin exclaimed.

"You were made for the wrong card game." Chiharu deadpanned. "C'mon girls, let's get him!"

"Yes, Chiharu-senpai!" Sakura, Mizuho, and Hiruyu all launched their attacks at Nin.

"I'll fight one of the bimbos, you guys?" Yuri asked.

"Fuck it, let's triple team her. She looks weak anyways." Darien smacked his fists together.

"What boss said!" Nakuru smirked.

"Gasp! She called us bimbos! I want to kill her!" Akiyo said excitedly.

"You'll also have to go through me too!" Shura smirked. "You got room for one more?"

"Shura!" Darien grinned. "Hell yeah, let's fuck this bitch up!"

"The more! The merrier! Fight me!" Akiyo squealed.

"Dibs on the dude who came with a little girl!" Kanata exclaimed, pointing at Zeon.

"Don't refer to me like that... my name's Zeon Ishima. Who are you?" Zeon approached him.

"I'm Kanata. You, but better!" Kanata then took out a handful of ninja stars from his back pocket. "Ha!"

Kanata threw them at him rapidly. Zeon narrowed his eyes, drew his katana from his back, and got in a batting position, swinging his sword over his shoulder.

"That's how you to fight, huh?" Focusing on the shuriken's flat surface, he swung the back of his katana straight at it, smacking the ninja star cleanly and sending it flying back at Kanata. "Come at me then."

"What the—! How did you deflect that?!"

"I forgot to mention. I picked up a new hobby recently." Zeon put his katana over his shoulder like a bat. "Ever played baseball before? It's quite fun."

"Grr... then I'll be the pitcher!" Kanata exclaimed, throwing another ninja star at him like it was a baseball.

"That's pretty baller, but I want to play card games, not dodge shurikens!" Raijin snapped, ducking out of the way.

"This is... totally rad... dude... does anyone here... surf...?" Shigaraki asked.

"I hit the waves like I hit my children. So never!" Maxios said.

"This line won't age well." Rachel cringed.

"Let's lock this guy up." Kyle said.

"You can eat my wave instead!" Aqua exclaimed.

"You. I have had my eye on you for awhile now. Shall we fight?" Kurumi pointed at Rukia.

"I just wanted to enjoy the festival... how did it come to this?" Rukia moaned.

"If you're going to fight my sister, you'll also be throwing down with me too!" Diake jumped from the roof and landed in the stage, pulling down his cowboy hat. "I guess I can knock up one more rodeo after all. Yeehaw, motherfucker."

"I don't wanna fight this big tiddy goth gf!" Inu weeped.

"Less talking, more fighting!" Maverick exclaimed.

"You'll fight her and you'll like it, Iku!" Payic said.

"It's Inu! I-N-U! God damn it!"

At the bottom of the stands was the student council reunion led by Yumi, the president from three years ago. Alongside her were Asakawa, Ai, Kirikou, Hinami, Serena, Backlion, and Ayaza.

"Alright, we're taking her on!" Yumi pointed at Saaya.

"Ah, I hate authority figures like you lot. Fighting goodie two shoes like you is the perfect match up for me!" Saaya growled and smacked her fists together.

The final member, Hayato the First Knight, looked around with crossed arms.

"And this leaves my opponent as?"

"Look up!"

"Look down!"

Hayato raised his head up, catching a glimpse of a moonlit silhouette standing on the roof, and looked down to catch the shadowy figure of a man on the bottom stands.

"Who are you two?!" Hayato asked angrily.

"Your opponents!" The two responded in sync.

"Yza Blade!" He jumped off the roof and landed behind Hayato with a wide grin.

"Ryuzaki Mikazuchi!" He leapt onto the stage in front of Hayato with a condescending smirk.

"I know you two are. Good thing they saved the best for me. As the strongest knight, I'll make you all kneel before me!"

"I don't have a witty comeback except bragging that I saved the world twice and you didn't."

"Screw the rules, I have money. The most powerful card in this game is my credit card."

The war... had begun!

"Stand up, (the!) Vanguard!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 167 18
Akari Nakano; a girl who doesn't take interest in anything until a game called Cardfight Vanguard came along. Will the card game change her life? A p...
4.9K 52 15
I do not own the characters, they belong to the rightful owner, Bushiroad. There are some characters that I made myself. Couple of years after the mo...
3.2K 31 10
I do not own the characters, they belong to the rightful owner, Bushiroad. There are some characters that I made myself. It's been a year since Aichi...
26.2K 1.3K 115
(カードファイト!! ヴァンガード G: クレイの崩壊) (Kādofaito!! Vangādo G: Kurei no Hōkai) [BOOK 1 OF THE CRAY'S COLLAPSE EXTENDED UNIVERSE (CCEU)] Includes Volumes 1 to 2...