only angel- harry potter

By foreverwinterlover

Riley Madden is a student at Ilvermorny school of magic in America when she, along with all of the Ilvermorny... More

Introduction
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 10

1.2K 25 23
By foreverwinterlover

The winter had passed and quickly warmed up into summer. 

It was June and final exams were coming up. That meant that the final task of the Triwizard Tournament was approaching meaning that all of the schools would be returning home soon.

After Riley, Amira, Hazel, Noah, Harry, Hermione, and Ron finished their Transfiguration final they went to the Great Hall and ate lunch.

"It's crazy how we're going to be going back to Ilvermorny this month," Amira said, chewing her bottom lip.

"I know! I feel like I've known you all my whole life!" Hermione told them.

"I'm going to miss my eating contests with Ron," Noah grinned at Ron who was currently shoving an entire baked potato into his mouth.

"What is with your obsession with food, Ronald?" Hermione looked at the redhead in exasperation.

"What's wrong with wanting to eat?" Ron said with his mouth full. Pieces of potato fell out of his mouth.

"That," Hazel's face contorted into disgust as she pointed to the food that came out of his mouth.

"That's fucking disgusting," Riley noted as a piece of potato from his mouth had gotten on her skirt.

Fred and George Weasley entered the hall and sauntered over to the Gryffindor table.

"You see that's what I'm going to miss," Fred sat next to Riley, directing his smile at her.

"Your cursing just really brightens up my day," the older Weasley tapped the blonde's nose.

"Oi! Have we told you lot that we're dating?" George wrapped his arm around Hazel as she smiled radiantly.

"It was pretty obvious," Harry laughed.

"I told you they probably already knew!" Hazel's voice was light and airy as she looked at him.

George kissed her forehead which caused a collective aww among the friends.

"You two are so adorable!" Amira gushed, cracking a smile to reveal her chipped front tooth.

"Take the public affection somewhere else," Ron rolled his eyes, pretending to throw up which caused Riley to slap him.

"OI THAT HURT RILEY!" he yelped.

The blonde American shrugged her shoulders.

"They're cute so suck it up," Riley warned, wagging a finger at him.

"Ronnykins is just jealous because he doesn't have a girlfriend," Fred said which caused the entire table to roar with laughter.

"You don't have a girlfriend either, Fred," Ron crossed his arms.

"He does actually, he's dating Angelina Johnson," Noah chuckled.

"Whatever," Ron mumbled angrily then returned to eating his baked potato.

"But seriously I wish we could stay here," Riley sighed dreamily.

"I love Hogwarts much more than Ilvermorny, and I don't wanna go back to Professor Bitch,"

"Then why don't you just transfer?" Hermione asked.

The four Ilvermorny students looked at each other.

"Why didn't I think of that!" Hazel slapped her forehead.

"Should we ask Principal Cohen about that?" Amira asked her fellow classmates.

"Yes! This school is definitely a better fit for us," Hazel agreed as George grinned happily.

"We'd need our parents' permission though," Noah reminded.

"Yeah, we could owl them about it," Riley replied.

"My parents would definitely be up for it because they live closer to Scotland than the U.S." Amira said. 

Amira's parents lived in England for work purposes. They were extremely wealthy and had only put their daughter in Ilvermorny because they heard it was just as prestigious as Hogwarts and Amira had family nearby.

"It would be so fun if you all stayed here," Harry smiled at all of the Americans. 

His gaze on Riley lingered a little longer which caused her to lower her gaze and try and hide her scarlet cheeks. 

Noah flicked his eyes between the two and frowned at the interaction.

The bell rang.

"Ugh, we have our potions final now," Riley groaned as she smacked her forehead on the table.

"Ah I'm fucked," Noah ran a hand through his curly locks frustratedly.

"Well we'll see you two later," Hazel said to Fred and George as George leaned down to peck her lips.

....

After finals were completed, the day after was the final task of the Triwizard Tournament. 

No one knew what the final task was because it was kept secret this time without a clue or anything.

"I'm sure you'll do well, Harry," Amira reassured him. 

The whole group of the golden trio, the four Ilvermorny students, the Weasley twins, and Ginny Weasley were all walking towards the arena where the first task was held.

"Yeah, I hope so," Harry replied. He was dressed up in a red and black jersey that had his name plastered on the back.

"Harry you're in first place tied with Cedric!" Hermione said.

"And that's amazing considering that you're only a fourth year," George added.

"Competing against older students," Fred finished.

"Yeah! You're doing extremely well, Harry," Ginny Weasley's cheeks flamed at the chosen one smiling at her.

Riley chuckled. "I mean you battled a dragon I think whatever this next task is will be a piece of cake for you,"

"You've had all of your spells mastered I think you'll be fine, Harry," Noah clapped his hand onto Harry's shoulder.

Harry still looked hesitant.

"Mate, you've fought a basilisk too, you'll do this task with ease," Ron said.

"Thank you, guys I really needed that," Harry smiled at the group as they entered the arena. They were greeted by the sound of the band playing.

"Harry!" Dumbledore called the chosen one.

"Well I have to go," Harry scratched the back of his head, mentally trying to prepare himself for the task.

Riley ran over to him and hugged him. He immediately hugged her back.

"Good luck," she beamed at him, heat blooming in her stomach from the close proximity.

"Thanks, Riley," Harry returned her smile.

Soon the entire friend group joined in the hug causing a massive group hug.

"HARRY POTTER!" Dumbledore yelled making the group break apart. Amira almost stumbled.

"Well I'll see you all after the task," Harry waved.

Maddie Carrelli waved at the Ilvermorny students.

"Hey guys, I hope you'll be cheering for me and not Harry," the older student poked Riley's right cheek.

"Hey, hey, of course, we're going to be cheering for you, Maddie," Riley poked Maddie's ribs.

"That's no way to treat your old babysitter, Riles," Maddie chided as she ruffled the blonde's hair.

"I can't believe you're in second place, Maddie!" Hazel exclaimed.

"I know it's crazy right?" Maddie laughed, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Female empowerment!" Amira squealed.

"Yeah!" Maddie pumped her fist up into the air.

"CARRELLI!" Principal Cohen screamed.

"Oh crap, well, I gotta go, bye guys!" Maddie waved.

"We should probably get seated," Hermione said, motioning to the seats above in the arena.

Once they were seated Dumbledore started explaining the task.

"Earlier today Professor Moody placed the tri-wizards cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr. Diggory..." the Hogwarts headmaster was interrupted by the crowd cheering for Cedric.

Cedric's father who stood next to him raised his son's arm out of pride. Cedric looked slightly displeased and uncomfortable.

"And Mr. Potter tied for the first position they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Ms. Carrelli and then Mr. Krum and then lastly Ms. Delacour,"

The crowd went wild at the mention of their favorite champions.

"The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter if at any point should a contestant wishes to withdraw from the task he or she needs only to send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants gather round," Dumbledore told the champions.

The champions gathered around in a circle.

"In the maze, you'll find not dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead, you'll face something more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh find the cup if you can, but be very weary you could just lose yourselves along the way," Dumbledore said.

"Champions, prepare yourselves!" Mad-Eye Moody yelled.

Cedric hugged his father who cupped his face.

"Good luck," Mr. Diggory told his son as he pat his chestnut brown hair tenderly.

"On the count of three..." Dumbledore was interrupted by the sound of the cannon.

Harry and Cedric were pushed forward into the maze.

The two entered the maze through different entrances. The entrance closed behind Harry.

"Here we go," Harry muttered entering the large maze. It was many stories high and there was a mist wafting around.

Harry started going through the maze, he heard eerie and ominous noises that made a shiver run down his spine.

As he was trudging through the labyrinth he saw Fleur Delacour being swallowed by the ground.

"Fleur? Fleur!" Harry called out worriedly as he tried to reach for her trapped body.

It was too late and she was sucked underneath the ground.

Harry used his wand to cast red sparks into the air so that the judges could collect Fleur's body which was no longer in view.

Suddenly a heavy wind started blowing and the walls where Harry was in between started closing on him. Harry bolted out of the way just in time.

Suddenly a bright light shined and thinking it was the Triwizard cup, Harry ran towards it. Victor Krum's eyes were red and he tried to cast a spell on Harry but missed.

"Get down!" Cedric Diggory screamed, his face illuminated by the moon above.

Harry ducked and Cedric cast a spell on Krum knocking him out.

Suddenly the Hufflepuff walked up to Krum's motionless body and looked like he was going to finish him off. Harry ran up to him and intervened.

"No stop! He's bewitched Cedric!" he started wrestling with the older boy.

"Get off me!" Cedric yelled.

"He's bewitched!" Harry said protecting the Bulgarian.

He quickly cast a spell with the red sparks so that Krum could be taken away.

The two stopped fighting when they saw a clearing that had the Triwizard Cup. It was glowing with a blue tint and looked extremely inviting.

The two of them looked at each other and then darted for the cup trying to trip the other. 

Suddenly Cedric was stopped because a long vine grabbed his leg and started dragging him. He was pinned down with no means of escape.

"Harry! Harry!" Cedric yelled as he was struggling. He was grabbing onto a rock to not get dragged away by the vine.

Harry turned around slowly. He looked possessed as he watched Cedric desperately trying to get free of the vine. 

His green eyes glowed in the moonlight.

He snapped out of it after a second and used his wand to free Cedric from the vine. Harry helped him up.

"You know for a moment there I thought you were gonna let it get me," the handsome Hufflepuff stared at the younger boy intently and with a twinge of fear.

"For a moment so did I," Harry looked away out of shame.

"Some game huh?" Cedric put his hands on his hips, pants coming from his mouth.

"Some game," Harry agreed.

They saw red sparks fly into the sky and burst into a beautiful explosion. They assumed that Maddie Carrelli also had to be taken out of the maze.

All of a sudden the strong wind returned and the opening revealed the glowing Triwizard Cup.

"Go. Take it, you saved me!" Cedric screamed over the loud wind.

"Together, on three. One, two, three!" the two boys grabbed the cup together and were whirled into a graveyard.

They both groaned at the sudden impact of hitting the ground.

"You ok?" Cedric helped Harry up and then rubbed his head.

"Yeah, you?" Harry asked.

"Where are we?" Cedric looked around at the menacing graveyard.

"I've been here before," Harry whispered as he looked at the graves.

"It's a portkey. Harry the cup is a portkey," Cedric looked at the Triwizard Cup.

Harry looked at one of the graves that read 'Tom Marvolo Riddle.' 

His heart pounded in his chest and he suddenly felt the air around him vanish.

"I've been here before in a dream. Cedric, we have to get back to the cup. Now!" he looked at the older boy with worry.

"What are you talking about?" the Hufflepuff asked, narrowing his eyes at the younger boy.

Harry's scar started burning abruptly as he immediately grabbed his head to try and soothe the pain.

"What is it?" Cedric asked him.

"Get back to the cup!" Harry held his head.

Suddenly a figure approached. The figure had mouselike features and was holding a pale white creature in its arms.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Cedric aimed his wand at the man.

"Kill the spare," the pale thing in the mouselike man's arms said in a snakelike voice.

"Avada Kedavra!" the mouselike man yelled as green sparks flew out of his wand and hit Cedric square in the chest.

"Cedric!" Harry cried as Cedric's body was propelled backward. 

He lay motionless on the ground with his eyes still open.

Harry suddenly recognized the mouselike man as Wormtail who had disappeared the year before.

"Voldemort..." he looked at the creature in Wormtail's arms

Wormtail grabbed Harry and trapped him in the arms of a statue.

"Do it, now!" Voldemort hissed.

A cauldron appeared in the middle of the graveyard and Wormtail dropped something into it.

"Bones of the father, unwillingly given," the creature's voice was gravelly. 

Pettigrew used his wand to hover a white bone in the air and dropped the bone into the cauldron.

"Flesh of the servant willingly sacrificed," Voldemort looked at Wormtail who took out a knife and slashed his arm over the bubbling cauldron.

"Blood of the enemy forcibly taken," Voldemort said making Wormtail rush over to a struggling Harry and cut his arm with his knife.

Harry screamed in pain as he felt his blood pour down his arm.

Pettigrew then returned to the cauldron and flicked his knife with the blood over it and watched as a drop of it fell in the concoction. 

"The dark lord shall rise again," he said as he threw Voldemort into the cauldron which started to bubble intensely. 

It burst into flames and a tall, pale man with a bald head and no nose emerged. The figure had knarled hands and long nails. Voldemort looked eviller in the flesh.

Harry's heart raced as he watched the man who tried to kill him when he was only a baby stand tall.

"My wand, Wormtail," Voldemort said silkily.

Wormtail handed him his wand and bowed toward the dark lord.

"Hold out your arm," the dark lord ordered to his servant which he did. 

"Master. Thank you, master," he stuttered thinking that his master would give him a new arm.

"The other arm Wormtail," Voldemort declared, a twinge of annoyance present in his voice.

Wormtail had a horrified look on his face but hiked up his sleeve which revealed the dark mark.

 Voldemort placed his wand on the mark and immediately a bunch of figures in dark clothes appeared from a dark cloud into the graveyard.

Deatheaters Harry thought.

"Welcome my friends. Thirty years it's been, and yet you stand before me as though it were only yesterday. I confess myself disappointed, not one of you tried to find me," Voldemort angrily slashed at the Deatheaters.

"Not even you, Lucius," he stopped at one of the Deatheaters.

"My lord. Had I detected any sign or even a whisper of your whereabouts," Lucius Malfoy whimpered, his voice trembling with each word.

"There were signs my friend, and more than whispers," Voldemort's eyes glowed a dangerous red.

"I assure you I never renounced the old ways. The face I have been obliged to present each day since your absence, that was my true mask," Malfoy stated, his head tucked.

"I returned," Wormtail smiled his mouselike teeth showing.

"Out of fear, not loyalty. Still, you have proved yourself useful these past few months Wormtail," he used his want to give Wormtail a metal arm.

"Thank you, master, thank you," Wormtail squealed with gratitude before bowing.

Voldemort walked by Cedric's dead body.

"Tsk tsk tsk oh, such a handsome boy," Voldemort tutted as he touched Cedric's face with his foot.

"Don't touch him," Harry sneered while trying to wriggle free from the statue's strong grasp.

"Harry! I'd almost forgotten you were here. Standing on the bones of my father. I'd introduce you but word has it you're almost as famous as me these days. The boy who lived," Voldemort scoffed.

"How lies have fed your legend, Harry. Shall I reveal what really happened that night thirteen years ago? Shall I divulge how I truly lost my powers? It was love. You see when dear sweet Lily Potter gave her life for her only son she provided the ultimate protection," the dark lord continued.

 "I could not touch you. It was old magic, something I should have foreseen. But no matter, no matter. Things have changed, I can touch you now!" Voldemort walked up to Harry and pressed a single finger on Harry's scar which caused Harry to scream and writhe in pain.

His reaction sent the dark lord into laughter.

"Astonishing what a few drops of your blood will do eh Harry? Pick up your wand Potter. I said pick it up, get up. Get up!" Voldemort released Harry from the statue's grasp causing him to fall face-first into the dirt.

Harry stood up weakly, taking his wand out of his pocket.

"You've been taught how to duel I presume yes? First, we bow to each other. Come on now Harry the niceties must be observed, Dumbledore would not want you to forget your manners now, would he? I said bow!" Voldemort used his wand to bend Harry's back causing the boy who lived to wriggle with pain.

"Atta boy Harry, your parents would be proud. Especially your filthy muggle mother. I'm going to kill you, Harry Potter, I'm going to destroy you. After tonight no one will ever again question my powers. After tonight if they speak of you they'll speak only of how you begged for death, and I being a merciful lord obliged. Get up," the dark lord told Harry who ran off to hide behind a rock.

"Don't you turn your back on me, Harry Potter I want you to look at me when I kill you, I want to see the lights leave your eyes," Voldemort yelled in frustration.

Harry gripped his wand and sucked in a breath and walked back to where Voldemort and the deatheaters were.

"Have it your way," the chosen one said, a flash of bravery entering his body.

The two wizards cast spells and their streams of magic met each other causing a beautiful explosion.

The deatheaters whipped out their wands to battle Harry.

"Do nothing. He is mine to finish. He's mine!" the dark lord yelled at his followers.

Suddenly three white forms appeared in front of him. They were in the form of Harry's parents and Cedric.

Harry took his eyes off Voldemort and turned his attention over to the ghosts. 

"Harry when the connection is broken you must get to the portkey. We can delay it for a moment to give you time but only a moment, do you understand?" Harry's father told Harry who nodded.

"Harry take my body back, will you? Take my body back to my father," Cedric had a sad smile on his face.

Harry looked at Cedric with sorrow, his throat constricting. 

"Let go. Sweetheart, you're ready. Let go! Let go!" Harry's mother told him.

Harry stopped casting a spell and then the connection between his wand and Voldemort's wand broke.

Harry darted over to Cedric's body and summoned the Triwizard Cup with the spell 'Accio' which brought him back to the arena.

The crowd started cheering loudly. The band started playing.

"YEAH GO HARRY!" Riley screamed loudly. 

Their whole group had stood up clapping and cheering. They hadn't noticed Harry weeping on Cedric's body.

Maddie Carrelli screamed in horror at Cedric's dead body.

"Harry! Harry!" Dumbledore ran up to Harry and tried to pry Harry off of the Hufflepuff's body.

"No, no!" Harry screamed clinging on to Cedric's body.

"What's going on?" Riley asked Hermione who was squinting to try and see the commotion at the bottom of the arena.

"I'm not sure," she replied.

"Tell me what happened!" Dumbledore put a comforting hand on Harry's shoulder.

"He's back, he's back! Voldemort's back. Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn't leave him, not there," Harry cried into Cedric's yellow jersey.

"It's alright Harry. It's alright, he's home, you both are," the Hogwarts headmaster said softly.

"Keep everybody in their seats. A boy has just been killed. The body must be moved Dumbledore, there are... too many people," the Minister of Magic whispered, causing the whole audience to gasp.

"Is he dead?" Noah asked peering down.

"Oh my God, what happened," Amira had tears streaming down her face as she saw Cedric's corpse.

"Shhh," Hazel muttered hugging her friend. She too had some tears coming down her face which made George rub her back gently.

Ron had wrapped his arm around Hermione in comfort.

"Let me through! That's my son! My boy!" Cedric's father ran up to the scene crying.

"Come here, son," Mad-Eye Moody gently took Harry out of sight as he continued to wail.

Cedric's father's wail rang through the arena.

Riley saw Cho Chang sobbing as she stared down at her boyfriend's corpse.

"Where is Harry going?" Riley asked, concern etched on her face as she looked at Harry who was being dragged off by Moody.

....

Mad-Eye sat Harry in an empty classroom. The boy who lived was still sobbing.

He kept replaying the events of the Triwizard Tournament in his mind, the way he and Cedric had worked together to get the golden egg, the way they had both been transported to the graveyard by the Triwizard Cup. He remembered the sight of Cedric lying lifeless on the ground, the green light of the Killing Curse still illuminating his face.

It wasn't fair. Cedric was too young, too kind, too full of life. He didn't deserve to die. Harry felt like he had failed him, like he should have done something to prevent his death. The guilt and grief overwhelmed his system as he sat in the classroom.

"Are you alright Potter?" the defense against the dark arts teacher sat down across Harry, snapping him out of his thoughts.

Harry nodded wiping his tears with the sleeve of his red jersey.

"Does it hurt?" Moody nodded to the bloody scar on Harry's forearm.

"Not so much now," he replied quietly.

"I'd better take a look at it," Mad-Eye Moody said and then took his arm roughly causing Harry to wince in pain.

Harry's arm now had a skull and a snake marking.

"The cup was a portkey. Someone had bewitched it," Harry explained to his teacher.

"What was it like? What was he like?" Mad-Eye looked at the boy in front of him intently.

"Who?" the chosen one looked up at Moody.

"The dark lord. What was it like to stand in his presence?" the teacher said impatiently.

"I dunno. It was like I'd fallen into one of my dreams. One of my nightmares," Harry shook his head vigorously.

After a moment Mad-Eye started to shake struggling for air. He took out his canteen from his belt and tried to drink from it but there was no liquid in it. He rushed over to different chests and rummaged through them to try and find another canteen.

"Were there others? In the graveyard, were there others?" Moody asked.

"Um. I don't think I said anything about a graveyard Professor," Harry regarded the professor with suspicion as he slowly stood up.

"Marvellous creatures dragons aren't they? Do you think that miserable oaf would have led you into the woods if I hadn't suggested it? Do you think Cedric Diggory would have told you to hold the egg under the water if I hadn't have told him first myself? Do you think Neville Longbottom the witless wonder could have provided you with gillyweed if I hadn't have given him the book that led you straight to it? Huh?" Mad-Eye looked at Harry.

"It was you from the beginning. You put my name in the goblet of fire. You bewitched Krum. But..." Harry looked shocked.

A teacher, a teacher he had trusted had betrayed him.

"You won because I made it so Potter. You ended up in that graveyard tonight because it was meant to be so. And now the deed is done. The blood that runs through these veins runs within the dark lord," Mad-Eye gripped Harry's arm touching his wound.

"Imagine how he will reward me when he learns that I have once and for all silenced the great Harry Potter," he got out his wand and pointed it at Harry, a wicked smile painted on his face.

A flash of magic sent Mad-Eye flying into a wall. Dumbledore, Snape, and Professor McGonagall appeared in the doorway.

Professor McGonagall grabbed Harry and pushed him behind her protectively.

Dumbledore seized Moody by the neck and opened his mouth forcibly.

"Severus..." the Hogwarts headmaster said.

Snape handed Dumbledore a tiny flask labeled 'Veritaserum' as he shoved it down Moody's throat.

"Do you know who I am?" Dumbledore asked while Moody wriggled demonically.

"Albus Dumbledore," Moody growled with harshness.

"Are you Alastor Moody? Are ya?" the Hogwarts headmaster violently shook Moody.

"No," Moody spoke.

"Is he in this room? Is he in this room?" Dumbledore looked around the room for any sign of the real Mad-Eye.

Mad-Eye nodded.

"Harry get away from there!" Dumbledore yelled at Harry who was sitting on one of the professor's chests.

The teachers walked over to the chest and opened it. 

It contained a series of smaller chests. When the final chest was finally open there was a tiny man in it. It looked exactly like Moody.

"Are you alright Alastor?" Dumbledore asked the small figure.

"I'm sorry Albus," the real Moody said.

"That's Moody, but then who's...?" Harry diverted his attention back to the impostor.

Snape picked up the canteen beside the fake Moody.

"Polyjuice potion," the potions professor said, wrinkling his nose in scorn.

"Now we know who's been stealing it from your store Severus," Professor McGonagall said.

"We'll get you up in a minute," Dumbledore reassured the real Moody who was still in the chest.

Suddenly the fake Moody started groaning in the chair he was trapped in. He was twitching and making strange noises. He looked like he was transforming. He ripped off his mechanical eye. He turned into Barty Crouch Junior.

"Barty Crouch Junior," Dumbledore said.

In response, Barty licked his lips impatiently. 

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours," he rolled up his sleeves revealing the dark mark.

"Your arm Harry," Dumbledore said softly as Harry rolled up his sleeve showing where Wormtail had stabbed him.

"You know what this means, don't you? He's back. Lord Voldemort has returned," Barty Crouch Junior grinned wildly.

"Send an owl to Azkaban, think they'll find they're missing a prisoner," Dumbledore communicated to Professor McGonagall who immediately scurried out of the room.

"I'll be welcomed back like a hero," Barty licked his lips again, a wicked smile on his face.

"Perhaps. Personally, I've never had much time for heroes," Dumbledore said taking Harry by the arm and leaving Snape with the captive.

....

The day after Cedric was murdered, all of the schools sat in the Great Hall. All of the students and staff wore grim faces.

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard-working, intricately fair-minded. And most importantly a fierce fierce friend." Dumbledore spoke to everyone.

The Hufflepuff table was all in tears.

Riley was also struggling not to cry as she held a sobbing Amira. Hazel had her face buried in George's neck. Harry held a strong face as he held Hermione and Ron's hands. Noah had his head on the table listening intently to Dumbledore.

"I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort," Amira visibly shivered which caused Riley to lay her head on her friend's.

"The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory," the Hogwarts headmaster cleared his throat.

Noah grabbed Riley's hand and squeezed it.

The blonde turned and offered him a weak smile.

"Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one," Dumbledore said as Harry looked at his American friends. 

Harry was grateful to have them in his life.

"In light of recent events, the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end,"

....

Once all of the students were packed, everyone was saying their goodbyes in the courtyard.

"Oh, I'll miss you all so much!" Amira was hugging Ron who was patting her back awkwardly not knowing what to do with his hands.

Riley had just finished packing and was lugging her backpack down the stairs.

"Do you need help, Riles?" Noah asked her taking one of her suitcases.

"Thanks, Noah," she pinched his cheek. He blushed as they joined their whole group.

"You better come back here, Haz," George tucked a strand of Hazel's curly hair behind her ear.

"I know Georgie I'll have to ask my parents," she giggled as she cupped his face and pressed a gentle kiss on his lips. 

Ron gagged at the sight which caused Hermione to promptly slap his arm.

"I told you both to take the PDA somewhere else!" Ron said.

"Ron! They are so cute stop it," Riley squealed.

"Go, Georgie!" Fred whooped.

"Her-my-o- ne- ne can I speak to you for a moment," Victor Krum looked at the intelligent Gryffindor. 

Krum acknowledged Harry with a nod.

"Yes, of course!" Hermione took his arm and went elsewhere.

Ron's face twisted into one of jealousy as he looked after the two.

"I bet you five dollars that they're making out," Noah whispered to Riley.

"Haha, I know right," Riley told him.

"You all better transfer here," Harry said giving Noah a hug.

"Yeah, yeah Potter we know," Noah rolled his eyes but grinned.

"I've already owled my parents and they told me that I could stay here!" Amira said. She was wrapping her arms around Ginny Weasley.

"Now you three better do it," George said poking Hazel's cheek.

Hermione returned with her face pink.

"I knew it they definitely kissed," Riley told Noah who nodded.

"Au revoir, Ron," Fleur Delacour called, joining the group as she and her little sister kissed Ron's cheeks.

Ron stared after Fleur with a dreamy sigh.

"I'm going to miss her,"

"ILVERMORNY STUDENTS OVER HERE, BACK ON THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS!" Principal Cohen screamed.

"Bye, everyone!" Amira said grabbing her luggage.

"I'll see you in the summer George, my moms said I could visit you at the Burrow," Hazel kissed his lips one last time and joined Amira.

"You coming, Riles?" Noah asked.

"Yeah, just a second," Riley motioned for him to go along.

She had said all of her goodbyes but hadn't said goodbye to Harry yet.

"Goodbye Harry," Riley said as the two stepped forward and wrapped their arms around each other in a tight embrace.

After the girl had pulled away slightly, without warning, Riley leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss on his cheek. 

The boy's heart skipped a beat, and he felt a warmth spreading through his chest. It was as if everything else in the world faded away, and there were only the two of them.

"Bye guys," she told the rest of the group as Harry still felt his heart hammering from the interaction.

"Oi, come with me Georgie, we have to prank Filch one more time this year," Fred told his twin brother and the two of them ran.

The Hogwarts students watched the Beauxbatons students go into their carriage

"Do you think we'll ever just have a quiet year at Hogwarts?" Ron asked his two other friends.

"No," Hermione said with a small laugh.

"No I don't think so," Harry laughed.

"Everything's going to change now isn't it?" Hermione had a sad smile on her face. Harry put his hand on her shoulder.

"Yes," he said, nodding.

"Promise you'll write this summer. Both of you," Hermione glanced at Ron specifically.

"Well, I won't. You know I won't!" the redhead said with a grin.

"Harry will won't you?"

"Yeah every week," Harry said sarcastically.

The three friends looked out the balcony and watched the Durmstrang ship sink into the water and the Beauxbatons carriage fly away. The scarlet steam engine pulled out of Hogwarts with all of the Ilvermorny students.

....

Yay! The Goblet of Fire is done! I'm so excited to write Order of the Phoenix. Also, this was such a long chapter sorry about that. Anyways I hope you have a great day!

xx Asiya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 43.1K 115
๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜›๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ป๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ ๐˜›๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ป๐˜ข๏ฟฝ...
343K 7.1K 26
Hermione Granger; brightest witch of her age, muggle-born, best friends with Harry Potter, Lord Voldemorts long lost daughter? Before the start of he...
122K 5.8K 50
(BASED OFF OF THE GOBLET OF FIRE) "I woke up in a ball of my own sweat, and I could feel pain coming from somewhere, but I couldn't identify exactly...
15 1 11
All Emery has ever known is the four walls inside of her home in London where she lived her monotonous life. After finally convincing her father to a...