Chapter 35

Harry was walking over to Dumbledore's office when he heard people speaking in hushed whispers.

"Have you ever considered that you ask too much, that you take too much for granted? Has it ever crossed your brilliant mind that I don't want to do this anymore?" Harry saw Snape look at Dumbledore with hurt in his eyes.

"Whether it has or hasn't is irrelevant. I will not negotiate with you, Severus. You agreed. Nothing more to discuss," Dumbledore waved him off.

"Oh, Harry... You need a shave, my friend. You know, at times, I forget how much you've grown. At times, I still see the small boy from the cupboard. Forgive my mawkishness, Harry. I'm an old man," Dumbledore laughed as Snape angrily trudged out of the office.

"You still look the same to me, sir," Harry offered the Headmaster a smile.

"Just like your mother, you are unfailingly kind. A trait people never fail to undervalue, I'm afraid. The place to which we journey tonight is extremely dangerous. I promise you for the company of me and I stand by that promise. But there's one condition. You must obey every command I give you without question," Dumbledore told him.

"Yes, sir," Harry answered.

"You do understand what I'm saying. Should I tell you to hide, you hide. Should I tell you to run, you run. Should I tell you to abandon me and save yourself, you must do so. Your word, Harry," Dumbledore looked at the boy seriously.

"My word," Harry said.

"Take my arm," Dumbledore commanded as he extended his arm out.

"Sir, I thought you couldn't Apparate within Hogwarts," Harry looked at the old man with surprise.

"Well, being me has its privileges," Dumbledore winked as Harry took his arm.

Their surroundings swirled. The two were on a large rock while violent waves crashed beside them.

There was a large slit in a hill that looked like a cave. Dumbledore looked at Harry. They apparated over inside of the cave.

The cave was dark and humid as water dripped from the ceiling.

The two stopped at a large rock that was in the way.

"This is the place. Oh, yes. This place has known magic," Dumbledore examined the door as he took out a knife from his pocket.

"Sir," Harry said urgently.

"In order to gain passage, payment must be made. Payment intended to weaken any intruder," Dumbledore stared at the knife as he cut through his hand making red droplets fall onto the cold stone floor.

"You should have let me, sir," the boy who lived stated.

"No, no, Harry. Your blood's much more precious than mine," Dumbledore said as he put his bloody hand on the rock that was in their way. The rock immediately swerved out of the way so the two could enter.

Dumbledore took out his wand.

"Lumos," he mumbled as a large white light was produced from his wand. Harry copied his actions.

There were what it seemed millions of items scattered on the floor. 

"Voldemort would not have made it easy to discover his hiding place. He would put certain defenses in position. Careful," Dumbledore told Harry as the boy who lived was about to fall into murky water.

Dumbledore flicked his wand so that bright white light could be tossed across the water.

The light brightened the area as the two saw a piece of land in the middle of the water.