Chapter 37

That night, Harry slept in Ron's room with Riley by his side. She was snuggled close to him with a slight smile on her face. Harry on the other hand was awake watching his sleeping girlfriend. Harry stroked her hair softly admiring her beauty. He snuggled in close to her and slept.

Suddenly pain shot through his scar and Harry groaned loudly clutching his scar while twisting and turning simultaneously.

"You lied to me, Ollivander!" Voldemort hissed.

The dark lord was in a cellar in front of a scrawny man with matted hair.

Wormtail stood behind him with fear written on his face.

"No! No! I believed a different wand would work, I swear!" Ollivander cowered.

"Then explain this!" Voldemort's eyes were red as he extended his skeletal fingers which exposed Lucius Malfoy's wand which was shattered.

"But it makes no sense," Ollivander looked at the floor.

"Perhaps our friend's loyalties lie elsewhere, Wormtail," Voldemort hummed as he looked back at Wormtail.

"No! There must be a way! I'll think of something else!" Ollivander begged the dark lord who let out a deep chuckle.

"I hope so, Ollivander, for your sake. I won't be so forgiving next time," Voldemort said.

Harry awoke with a gasp as sweat trickled down his forehead. He looked down at Riley who snored loudly and then his wand on his nightstand which was illuminated by the moonlight.

Harry looked at his backpack in the corner of Ron's room and then glanced back at his girlfriend. He kissed her on the forehead.

"I'll come back for you, love," he said softly as he stared down at her form,

He got out of bed and then put on a jacket and then grabbed his wand and backpack which he slung over his shoulders.

He slipped down the stairs quietly and then exited outside into the fields.

The wind blew slowly as Harry paused and stared off into the long grass.

"Going somewhere?" someone asked as Harry turned around and faced Ron who was still dressed in his pajamas.

Harry stiffened at the sight of him.

"No one else is going to die. Not for me," Harry told him.

"For you? You think Mad-Eye died for you? You think George took that curse for you? You may be the Chosen One, mate, but this is a whole lot bigger than that," Ron gave him an accusatory glare.

The air was tense.

"Come with me. Now," Harry urged Ron forward.

"And leave Hermione? And Hazel? And your girlfriend? Are you mad? We wouldn't last two days without them," the redhead spoke in a low voice.

Ron glanced around.

"Don't tell Hermione I said that. Besides, you've still got the Trace on you. And there's the wedding," Ron recalled.

"Wedding?" Harry questioned.

"Bill and Fleur. Mum's been planning it for months. Only thing that's kept her sane, I reckon. She'll kill me if I miss it. Kill you too. Rather go face to face with You-Know-Who if I'm honest," Ron joked as Harry looked unimpressed.

"I don't care about a bloody wedding -- no matter whose it is. I have to start searching for the Horcruxes. It's the only chance we have to beat him. And the longer we wait the stronger he gets," Harry shouted angrily.