Falling petals

Galing kay Hi1444

To be reborn in a game, and a romance game at that! Amber didn't expect to die from a small illness, only to... Higit pa

Prologue
What the heck?!
Why Me...
So this is why emperors like to surround themselves with beauties.
Who're you???
So who shall watch over her?
May have lost the feeling called shame.
....Why is no one fucking ugly???
A Fight Through Words.
A Wild Wolf
The first Meeting of Lifelong Friends. Part 1
The First Meeting of Lifelong Friends Pt.2
The First Meeting of Lifelong Friends Pt.3
The First Meeting of Lifelong Friends Pt.4
Dinnertime
I didn't give you permission
I died and gone to heaven
The Second Royal Child
The Second Royal Child Pt.2
A Fairy Like Women
Side story: A Grieving Man
An Unexpected Guest
Why?
The Meeting of Leaders
A Walk Through Memory Lane.
A/N A bit of that world.
A Sudden Visit of a Capture Target.
Buzz Off
Don't Abandone Me Please
Lets be Friends
I'm Sorry.
Let's Help her Make More Friends!
A Sudden Meeting.
Her Smile
Sakura's Fate.
Nightmares.
A/N: A bit about this world
The Holy Priest
Best friend.
Are You Kidding Me...
Tragic First Love.
Her Fears.
An old Friend.
A promise.
The First Move.
Powerful Game Piece.
Kano's Devotion.
In position.
Change of Plans.
Commence the Plan.
What Went Wrong?!
Found.
Find a Way out.
What Type of Coincidence is This!?
Villainess vs. Villain
Deceiving
One of Many Ends.
Escape.
Hiding.
Home.
Bath.
Shame on me.
Changes.
Sleep.
Imprisonment.
How did you know?
Side Story: 3 year old Sakura.
Adonis and Darius
No Thanks.
Magic
A Change
The Past should remain in the Past.
What is Happening!?
A Nightmare or a Prophecy
Release Them.
The Battle.
What will Happen in the Future?
Finally Heading Home.
Old Memories.
What the future will hold.
"From the first Dream..."
Too much of a Coincidence.
Are this things Valuable? Pt.1
Are this things Valuable? Pt.2
How do you know the Language?
Protect Him.
The Last Tear. part 1
The Last Tear. part 2
Through the eyes of the Divine.
The Celebration Banquet(3 years old.)
The Celebration Banquet(3 years old.) part 2
Hidden Away.
What the Dreams Show.
The History of Magic
Control over Magic.
Controlling the flow of energy.
A Meeting of Friends.
Healing Wounds.
A Personal Servant
Hello Again.
Unwelcomed Guest.
What do you Know?
A Deal. Pt.1
A Deal pl.2
I Died by your Hand too.
Fallen Ill
A Message
What are you?

Finally.

1.8K 116 28
Galing kay Hi1444

The sound of animals has lessened the longer they have been in hiding. All the kids hiding felt their fatigue grow by the minute after hiding inside the fallen tree trunk for so long.

It seems that Sakura may have been even worse off that they have thought, even after 2 hours passed she still hasn't woken up.

Azazel moves to look outside by pushing the leaves he used to cover them and just sees the night sky. He began to worry when after so many time passed that people hasn't come here to search for them.

"I wanna go home."

Adaline tiredly leaned back and felt her limbs ache in pain. She felt as if she hasn't been home for ages now. Already a day passed that they haven't returned home and she misses her family. But she became even more gloomy when the person she counts on the most is still with no sign of waking.

The situation became even more somber for them all when Sakura still hasn't awaken after so long and they worried if her health will deteriorate more if they leave her be.

"Should we search after waiting a little longer?"

Amar hesitantly spoke up, but quickly regretted his actions. He thought he was an idiot for suggesting something when Azazel hasn't even brought up the topic of doing so.

Sensing Amar's shift in mood, Azazel lightly patted the boy in reassurance.

"That may be the only thing we can do if no one arrives to help."

Before he can say anymore a gurgling sound reaches their ears.

"Ah!"

Adaline's voice followed after that noice, Azazel and Amar turned to her even if they really can't see her well.

Unknowns to them Adaline was blushing in shame while holding her stomach. It has been a while since she last ate and her stomach was putting on a protest for the lack of food.

Even if usual Adaline was free spirited and a bit of a tomboy, she was still a noble child raised with etiquette classes and strict rules of how a lady should be. So this was a moment of great embarrassment for Adaline that she wanted to cry.

"I'm quite hungry too. How about I go and see if there are anything edible around outside to eat. You guys wait here ok?"

"Don't....."

Hearing a hoarse and groggily voice then all turn quickly to the source.

"Saku!? Your awake!"

A pleasant surprice welcomed them all when they heard Sakura's voice. They couldn't see her face but were just glad that she finally woke up.

"Are you ok!? If you want you can rest a little more."

Azazel had a sense of relief flow through him when he finally heard her voice again, but he was worried if she over exerted herself too soon she may end up fainting again so he tried to have her take a bit of a rest till she really felt that she was better.

"No I'm fine. Right now we have other things to worry about."

When she spoke her voice was still hoarse from just waking up and from thirst but she put that in back of importance, what she needed to know is how long she was out for and if anyone approached their area searching for them. So she asked those things to Azazel, feeling a bit of relief that she can't see him right now.

He quickly answers her questions and didn't leave a thing out.

"We hid here after you fainted, and moved outside just in case they turn around and see us. You've been out for maybe 2 hours or so and it already grew dark again. We waited for help to search around here but no one came around searching this place."

He reported everything to her and can hear her sigh in disappointment.

'So no one came to search around here huh.'

Thinking about what to do, she was overcome by shame and disappointment in herself when she woke up realizing that she fainted because of her trauma of Azazel, even if he isn't the one she knew. His body just causes her too much PTSD even if she wasn't the victim of his sadistic behaviour, she held the memories and experience they went through when bit by bit those moment enter her head.

'Right now I can't let it get to me again. We have to find a way out to survive. And from what I heard when I woke up, we need to find a food and water source soon. Maybe even going out back to the town to see if help are still there.'

She frown at the tasks and regret a bit for taking so long to wake up and get this over with.

'Walking around in the dark is dangerous, especially since we don't know what type of nocturnal creatures roam around this location. We are too close to the Fallen Knight forest. A place were so many has fallen isn't a good place to be close. Especially at night.'

"We will head toward the town, but we won't use the main path to walk back. We would use the cover of the trees and bushes beside the path and head toward the town."

She knew walking at night was dangerous, but knew that staying still is worse.

'They may still be searching around but didn't think to search in the forests for a bunch of kids. If they still can't find us them they may even leave thinking the enemy got away with us. Then what will we do if that happens? So right now I have to take the least dangerous risk and head out following the path through the forest and finding help.'

"Do you guys agree with the plan."

"Anything Saku says I will trust."

Adaline was the first to agree then was followed by Azazel and lastly Amar.

"Even if I knew you for just a while, I trust your judgment more that those of other adults."

"Y-yeah."

Sakura warily smiled and wondered how she can be so mean with such a good kid like him. She learned that he still carried her away and protected her when she fainted and even waited for her to wake up to make any important decisions when througout their meeting she kept giving him the cold shoulder. A warm sense filled her when he hasn't judge her for her attitude and still trusted in her judgment.

'See? Right now he isn't that person, he is the boy that was a victim like me. This time he was saved too so we may not ever see that other bastard again.'

She wanted to chuckle but held back since this wasn't a situation she can laugh at.

"Then let's begin moving."

Azazel exited first while moving the leaves and twigs from their way. He helped Amar get out and then stretched out his had to help Sakura. She hesitated but took a deep breath and reached out to grab his outstretched hand. The feeling of revoltion came but it was weaker. Sighing in relief she was pulled up and he help pat away a few leaves and dirt that was on her.

"Thank you."

"No problem."

Azazel unconsciously patted her in the head and stretched out his hand to help Adaline next.

Sakura touched her head that was patted by and felt his kindness from the touch. Not knowing why, but she couldn't describe the feeling she had, it wasn't the usual disgust and dislike she felt from his touch, but a warmth spread from his light touch.

Feeling a bit flushed she quickly shakes the feeling away.

'Am I getting a cold or something from being out for so long? I should quickly find those who came for us and get back home.'

Ignoring the feeling she watched how Azazel helped Adaline out and helped Adaline clean herself a bit too. With the moons light she can see him smile at Adaline and pet her head in a brotherly way.

Sakura pouted but quickly shook the uncomfortable feeling away.

'Seriously, what the heck?'

No understanding the stuffy feeling in her chest she quickly tossed it to the side and began walking with them while using the forest to hide them from view.

While they grew closer to the town they can see that the path leading to the cave was actually blocked away by fallen trees.

'Did they use some type of dynamite or something to block the pathway!? They must have used the attack as a cover to blow up some trees to hide the pathway to the cave so their tracks wouldn't be found, and seeing smoke rising from other place, they must have used this as an excuse of mages fighting so the trees were just collateral damage.'

Even if they were her enemies she appreciated an actual smart villain from the usual tope of dumbasses that always left a trail even without the interference of the hero or heroine.

'Well they are still stupid for not searching me to see I had anything that can cause trouble for them. Their underestimation of me caused their downfall.'

"K, Saku!"

Sakura quickly snapped out from her thoughts when she heard Adaline whisper but in a bit of a loud voice in her ear.

"Hm!? Oh sorry. But let's go through the forces to enter the town. But remember, use the shadows of the houses and other objects to cover yourself, we still don't know if any bad people are searching for us ok?"

All three nodded and she was relieved they listen well. Just as she was going to walk out of the forest cover, she felt her hand grabbed from behind. Turning she sees Azazel holding her wrist and walk in front of her.

"I'll go first and tell you guys if its safe."

He lightly pats her head and didn't wait for her response and went out first. When he got behind a building he seem to find the coast to be clear so signed for them to follow.

Sakura smiled and followed his lead with the other two following close after. Using the cover of the buildings she saw people fighting here and there and knew help was there when she saw the emblem of the royal and battle knights roaming g around grabbing enemies and fighting enemies off.

Feeling that she doesn't have to hide anymore she heard a voice she was very familiar with.

"Search that area! Search a second time if needed if you haven't found anything the first time!"

Quickly turning to the voice she saw the back of a tall man with a hair of a fiery red that held a tiny of violet, the moonlight made it shine. His cape held a scarlet red that seem to have even darker specks of red that displayed he was in battle a few moment ago.

His voice commanded with authority didn't allow backtalk. The aura around him held a mix of a fiery red that seem it would burn someone if they approach carelessly. It displayed his emotions to be in turmoil if he couldn't hide his magical power.

But Sakura didn't care about that, her eyes widen in surprise to see him there personally to rescue her. An undeniable feeling of disbelief yet exhilaration overwhelmed her and without knowing she left her hiding spot and began walking to the figure. Even when Azazel tried to stop her she didn't stop her steps.

"Papa...."

He voice sounded as a whisper covered by the sounds of clashing and burning wood. But surprisingly the man seemed to have heard the voice even through all the sounds. His body stilled and he quickly turned back.

Seeing his face assured Sakura of this mans identity. His eyes were redden with anger and pain but the moment he saw her stand so far yet so close relief and joy soon replaced those feeling in his eyes.

She saw a tear slide down that usual stone faced expression he usually held in front of other people. He didn't seem to care that if the knights around him saw or not. He just expressed all his emotions when he saw his daughter.

'Ah..... he personally came here for me...'

She couldn't hear what he was saying but she saw him run toward her. Before she knew it she was holding him and crying in his arms. In that instant all her pent-up emotions just released in that moment and she cried all her grievances in his arm.

She heard his soothing voice whisper calming words to her and his strong arms holding her with such tender yet firm grip. As if afraid that he was holding just an illusion.

"Finally. I finally found you my treasure."

'Finally. Finally I can go back home.'

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

105K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...
2K 156 8
Genshin Impact was a game (Y/N) felt strongly connected to. She fell in love with everything about it, except losing 50/50s, a pain that stings to th...
34.5K 796 34
{If you like the Novel 'She Became The Devil's Stepmother Who's About To Be Killed' it's similar with a little twist} "You have sentenced your death...
1M 33.9K 91
(Highest Ranked: #24 in Fantasy/Magic) THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY (2nd Book is already up on my Profile; This one is Complete) I died and when I woke...