Unwanted Flatmate

By adelwang

Looking for a respectful, social and kind flatmate who is responsible about rent and bills, we also can carpo... More

Dave Walker
Alyssa Wheeler
The Stalker
Sassy Employee
Enjoy Your Evening!
Smile, Lyssa..
The Deal
Meet The Walkers
Sleeping Beauty
Interoffice Dating
Looking For A Flatmate
Unwanted Flatmate
Humble Yourself
Flatmate's life
Besotted Flatmate
Jealousy Is Killing You
In A Relationship
Go Public
Meet The Wheelers
Monthversarry
Trouble in Paradise
Confidante
Lay Your Card On The Table
Wanted Flatmate
Epilogue

Happy New Year!

1.8K 82 4
By adelwang

"Come on Lys! Give me your smile," Bailey coaxes me. It's new year's eve and we are in the bar near our office. Lots of my coworkers are here since there is a notification in the office that the big boss, Mr. Walker, booked the whole place for us and everything is free here.

If back then I thought he was a fair boss, I was wrong. He is far from fair. I have a meeting with him everyday. Everyday from Monday to Sunday!!! Except when I went to Finland. It was just because we have time difference between NYC and Saariselkä. If not, I'm sure he would ask me to have another meeting. Somehow I feel like he is just trying to mess up with me. Like he wants me to resign or what?

But.. I couldn't help noticing that he is really hot. Hot as hell, I might add. And he is also so sweet (sometimes). He always asked me to have my dinner first when it's already 7.30pm. And just like that you melted?? Seriously Alyssa Jane Wheeler?

"I hate it. The Bossman already told me that tomorrow we will meet up so I can show him the dummy of our latest product. It's the first day of the year. It should be illegal for everyone to work!" I complain.

Bailey laughs "maybe he is into you. He just want to spend new year with you, girl."

"Don't be crazy Bae! He has a girlfriend,"I say.

"No he's not. I eavesdropped when he talked with Diana. He told her he is single."

"A man like him couldn't be single for far too long, Bae. Trust me!" I say dryly.

Bailey gestures to me to look at the bar. "If he has a girlfriend, where is the girlfriend?"

I look at my bossman. Bailey is right. He is alone. By the way, at least I'm safe from all the sin. I thought I was lusting over someone's boyfriend. I kept berating myself for noticing him so much.

He turns around and our eyes locked. Did I tell you he has the most beautiful grey.. not grey, it's more like charcoal color eyes in the world? Ugh Lys! Stop with your mushiness.

The bossman walks toward me with his smile. I take a deep breath and drink my red.

"Hey Lyssa," he says and sits next to me. I'm sitting on the letter L bench with Bailey, her boyfriend and some of our coworkers. We don't have much space and Dave has to sit next to me. That makes me squeezed between him and Bailey.

Everyone greets him. He clicks his glass with mine "cheers for a great year!" He grins. I couldn't help but notice his sexy whisker and when he leaned to me I could smell the sexy faint Hugo Boss perfume on him.

Everyone on our table cheers with him, so I cheer too. My phone vibrates from the table. "Excuse me," I take and open it. It's my mom. Just a mention of her name makes me chuckle. I drink my red while reading her text. I was asking her whether she has plan for the new year's eve

Mom: we're in our 60s, sweetheart. We just stay with hot chocolate and warm blanket to watch dad's balls drop and then go to bed.

I choke on my red. "Oh God" I say, trying to clean up my mess. I'm still coughing and my face feels so hot from embarrassment, choking all of my wine on the table with my boss sitting next to me.

Bailey laughs at me "what are you doing Lys?" While helping with the mess I made.

"Oh God. I'm so sorry!?" I clean my mess.

Dave chuckles next to me and wipes his phone that has some of my red.

"Sorry Dave, I—"

"That's okay Lyssa," he says. "Why did you choke? You were looking on your phone right?"

"Um yeah. It was my mom," I say and look at the screen, sharing it with Dave.

Mom: oh no! I mean dick's ball drop.

Mom: oh God. Jesus.. never mind sweetie, you know what I mean right?

This time we both burst into laughter.

"My mom always struggles with her phone. Back then she didn't even know the meaning of lol." I laugh remembering the past.

Dave chuckles and jabs me lightly "share it first before you laugh, Wheeler."

I'm still laughing, wiping my teary eyes. "God it's so funny!" I inhale deeply. "Mom didn't know lol means lots of laughs. She texted everyone when one of the neighbors died. She said.." I laugh again.

"Jesus, Lyssa tell me!" Dave demands.

I inhale deeply. "She texted everyone  'Mrs. Brooks just passed away. LOL'" I laugh again.

"What the.."

"She thought LOL means lots of love! Oh God!" I laugh and this time Dave laughs too. We both laugh so hard. I didn't realize, my body was leaning to Dave, while his hand was already at my back, on my seat.

I pull back a bit and drink my red, look away from Dave. From my peripheral vision I see Dave drinks his whiskey too.

"Good night everyone!" George from our marketing division announced on the stage. "Thank you very much for coming tonight. Before we start the countdown, I would like to call our big boss," he says and everyone claps their hands.

"Damn," Dave curses next to me.

I chuckle and look at him. "Did you prepare any speech?"

"Hell no. I told him to not call me!" He mumbles.

"Come on boss.. give us a few wise words to end this year," George coaxes him from the stage.

Dave chuckles and walks to the stage. I look at him. He is really perfect. Any woman will fall to his feet. Too bad he is a playboy. I sigh and drink my red. Stop thinking Lys, you are a bit drunk.

Dave takes the microphone and says something to George. George chuckles at him. For sure Dave berates him for calling him to the stage.

"Hi everyone. Thank you for coming today. I'm not going to be your boring boss to talk about shit at this new year's eve," he chuckles and everyone laughs.

"So, enjoy the party, get drunk and wasted. January 3rd comes back to the office with the new you! Happy New Year." He ends the speech and everyone laughs happily. He steps down from the stage, I thought he would go to another employees group, but no.. he comes back to our sit and sits next to me. His hand spreads behind me.

I look at him. "So boss, tomorrow I'm free?"

He looks at me a tad bit too long. "Do you have any plan for tomorrow?" He asks.

"Um.. if I say yes, will you give me some free time?" I ask sweetly.

"Hell no," he says under his breath and looks away. I almost didn't catch it.

"Excuse me?" I ask.

"Drink your wine. Enjoy it, I pay for that," he says and cheers to my glass.

I frown but drink anyway. The DJ plays some fast beat songs. I like it, and maybe the alcohol hit my system. I lean to my hot as hell boss. "Dave let's dance!"

He chuckles and shakes his head.

"Come on," I say and push him to stand. I can't get out if he doesn't stand from his seat. I take his hand and walk to the dance floor. We both danced, the boss was reluctant at first but in a minute he already moved naturally. And I just realized my hands are around his neck while his hands around my waist all this time.

"Let's count together!" George says and they start counting.

Wait a minute...

I look around. Everyone is with their couple. Some of my coworkers bring their boyfriend or girlfriend to here, just like Bailey.

I try to walk back to my seat since I don't have any man to kiss, but I'm in the middle of the dance floor and it is rather crowded.

Dave pulls my waist to him "where do you want to go, Lyssa?" he whispers.

"I.. um..." I stammer because his face is so close to mine.

5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1!!!

Dave leans and kisses me. His hand wrapped tightly around my waist, while the other one cup my nape and pull me closer to him.

His lips are so soft.. Jesus Christ... he coaxes me to open up to him. And I do of course. I've been dying to kiss those sexy lips since forever. Our tongue tangled, I can feel something slick down there and I know something hard down there too because it touches my lower belly. I'm not as tall as Dave but I'm wearing my skyscraper heels for today. So, his cock is directly near my pussy.

"Happy New Year!!!" Someone shouts followed by the others and a champagne rain comes.

We both pull back and I squeak. Dave pulls me closer to cover me from the champagne. I was in his chest. Is this my imagination or is this his heart beat rapidly just like mine?

"Happy New Year!" Bailey comes to me, clueless. She hugs me and the bossman.

I hug her boyfriend too, we've known each other since they started dating 1.5 years ago.

"Boss, my wish is for you to raise my salary!" Bailey says shamelessly.

Dave chuckles "I guess that's everyone's wish in this room, Bae."

No, not me.. I haven't thought about my wish. The kiss made me off balance...

***

I step out from the bar with wasted Bailey while her boyfriend is already out dealing with the valet. Valet at new year sucks.

"Bae stop talking!" I complain. She keeps talking about drunken sex she will have with her boyfriend. "I don't need to know your sex life with Hunter, okay?"

"Why not?" She laughs, drunken laugh. "Oh I know! You'll get horny! But I'm not sharing Hunter with you Lys. Go get the bossman to fuck you. I bet he is great in bed."

"Jesus Christ" I mutter and yank her to walk outside. Maybe the breezy cold will help her to shut her mouth.

Drunken Bailey crashes me. I almost fall when someone holds me. "Thank y.. Dave?" The last word comes out more like a squeak.

He smiles "your welcome Lyssa," he says in his husky voice. Oh God. I need to get out from here. I don't think I can handle the bossman. Not after the most perfect kiss in my life with him, and now the alcohol wear off.

I swallow. "Sorry can you help me to hold your HR? She is wasted."

Dave chuckles and holds her arm from the other side.

My phone beeps. I check it. Alli sent me her flight itinerary. My sister, Allison, is moving to NY, and I already moved to the new apartment with 2 bedrooms. I put the notification notes in the office about my old apartment (yes we have that. And it's free for us to put any news in it, like if you're looking for a new place or maybe you want to sell something). In the end one of our staff sealed the deal. And now my old landlord still has their income to splurge.

"Um.. Dave.. do we have a meeting on January 4th?" I want to pick up my sister at the airport. God I miss her!

He raises an eyebrow.

"Can I?" I smile sweetly, hopefully my workaholic boss will—

"No can do. I have some tasks for you," he says rather coldly.

My jaw drops open.

Damn you Dave Walker! I hate myself for ever thinking that maybe you aren't that bad. Especially after we shared the new year kiss! Hot as hell or not I hate you for not giving me free time even though you pay generously for my extra work time. Grrrr..

What a happy new year!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 9K 88
(#1- best story ever) November 2021 Order of Series- book 1- Loathing Logan Book 2- Still In Love With You Book 3- Loving Your Imperfections ...
1.2M 49.4K 64
Jamie is happy with life, he has everything under control and every day is the same, just like he wants it. He is a loner by choice, girlfriends and...
948K 28K 38
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...
207K 5.2K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...