Chapter 9 - Mysterio Rises

Aunt May is at Uncle Ben's grave, mourning. She gets on her knees and puts her hands together while staring up at the grave.

"Ben, is it okay, if I move on, to someone else?"

We see Peter at the back of the graveyard as he walks up to May. He gives her a hug as Aunt May asks.

"Peter have you seen Adrian?"

Peter stays silent and says, "I think he's one of them." Aunt May lets out a tear and says, "Who?" Peter says, "Ones who don't obey, the,"

Peter is silent as Aunt May looks up at him

"Law."

"Now Peter, there are some people in this world, who obey the law, and don't. But you are not one of those People, Peter. And I don't think Adrian is either." Peter can't answer back to this as it will break her heart.

"Well I need to get back to the shelter. Stay safe Peter. I love you."

Peter says, "Do you want me to walk you there?"

Aunt May says, "Oh Peter that is sweet but you need to stop worrying about me, this old bag of bones can get around town herself."

Mary Jane is walking down the street and looks up at a electronic billboard showing Jameson

"The City has woken up and finally saw, Spider-Man, as the magnet of chaos and calamity."

"Everywhere Spider-Man goes destruction seems to happen. Now it has been proven that Spider-Man is not only at fault for all the millions of dollars worth of damage, but a criminal. Read our latest newspaper, from the Daily Bugle."

She has a dirty look on her face as she further walks down the street and sees the newspapers from the Daily Bugle, showing the fake photo from Mysterio. Mary Jane keep looking at all the different newspapers. The photo is all over the news.

Peter is sat in his apartment placing the Lizard DNA on a piece of metal. He places the microscope over the DNA as there is a knock on the door. Peter struggles to open it as the door still hasn't been fixed by Mr Ditkovich.

Mary Jane hands him the paper.

"No, no, no, no, no! Do you really believe this? Do you remember the photo the Eddie Brock faked?"

"The Daily Bugle was been wrong in the past but, this Peter, how many times are they gonna get fake photos of you?"

"Mary Jane do you really believe this?"

"Just keep this in mind Peter, I know you'll do the right thing here." Mary Jane leaves his apartment.

Peter is shocked. Maybe he was so stressed in his life that he forgot who he was, who Spider-Man was. He questions his sanity. He hears sirens outside. This is not to time to mess up!

Spider-Man swings in the night. Shouts are heard behind him. Citizens scream from the streets at Spider-Man. He has litter thrown at him as he lands on a building away from the people.

A convenience store is being robbed by two men with black hoodies armed with pistols. Spider-Man sees this and swings over. He smashes through the glass of the store and into the criminal, slamming against the counter.

"Oh my god, it's Spider-Man!" Says the Store Clerk. (This would be the Great Stan Lee's Cameo.)

The other man shoots at Spider-Man, Peter dodges them all and then webs his chest. Spider-Man throws him onto the streets, smashing him through the other window.

"Woah!" The Store Clerk steps back and says. (Rest In Peace Stan Lee.)

We see that a home is being robbed as burglars boot down the door. They take valuables.

"Go, go, go!" They scream as they hurry out to their getaway car. Peter looks out of the store window and sees the car speeding through the streets.

The burglars continue to drive as Spider-Man swings over and lands on top the vehicle.

Spider-Man spins a web at the car door and pulls it off. He webs a criminal and pulls him out. Spider-Man attaches him to the roof and then looks to the other side of the vehicle.

Shots are fired by the criminal and he dodges it. Spider-Man spins a web at the two front tires and tries to pull it back, making the car slow down massively.

The car takes a hard turn as Spider-Man holds on.

"Hit the gas!"

Spider-Man falls of the vehicle is flung of the vehicle as he smashes through glass in Grand Central Station. He lands in a deserted platform, no-one in site. A rusty old train pulls up. The doors open as Spider-Man steps towards it clumsily with no energy in him. Taskmaster walks out and punches him knocking him out. Peter then wakes up in an alleyway. Taskmaster stands in front. He kneels down and talks to him, he takes off his cowboy hat revealing his white cloak.

"Remember how I warned you? Now here's the show. I present, bombs placed over the city, Will Spider-Man be able to save people from the danger?" Peter stands up and swings at him. Taskmaster uses a bright orange sword to smack him with.

 Taskmaster uses a bright orange sword to smack him with

Peter hits the brick wall behind him. He clumsily stands up and sees Taskmaster has disappeared while breathing heavily.

"I used to love you."

Peter hears this and looks to his left at the sidewalk. He sees a familiar face, Miles.

He shakes his head and walks away. Peter looks down at his hands and thinks to himself that he's let the city down. Did he commit that crime, does he have a disorder of some sort. Peter then sighs and thinks to himself that many gangs and robberies have been happening a lot more over New York.

Who is behind all of this?

A bomb goes off in the building behind. Spider-Man swings to the danger and scoops up people and evacuates them to safety. Another bomb goes off then another, then another. Ten bombs goes off seconds after each other. Spider-Man sees police cars and fire engines speed past, Spider-Man tries to swing over and help but then falls from the skies and smashes against the ground. Peter lies in the middle of the road defeated, tired and fed up.