Chapter 3 - Peter and MJ

We see Spider-Man sat on a building, he gets a text from Mary Jane, "When are you going to be here Pete?" Peter says, "It's been a rough night, but I'll be there soon MJ." He then jumps of the building. He lands in an alleyway and sees a kid being robbed by two muggers.

"Really, two guys to mug a teenager? Pathetic."
He beats up the two of them and webs them up.
"You ok kid?"

"You're Spider-Man!" Spider-Man says, "People say I look like him." He laughs, "What happened to you?"
Spider-Man looks down at his damaged suit.

"Ah, just had to fight off some guys at the bank." Peter says to him, "Hey kid, what's your name?" The kid replies, "Miles."

"Ok, Miles, make sure you don't get into fights with guys like that, they're twice your size, don't get me wrong, I fight guys stronger than me all the ti-."
The kid interrupts.

"Like that time you fought Venom and that Sand guy with The New Good Goblin, that was so cool!!" Spider-Man laughs.

"I had some good times with Harry, stay safe!"
Spider-Man swings away into the night as Miles watches in awe.

Mary Jane is sat in Peter's apartment. She hears rattling as she feels a breeze. The window is open and there is a bloody, beaten and torn up Spider-Man crawls in.

 The window is open and there is a bloody, beaten and torn up Spider-Man crawls in

Mary Jane gets up and looks under Peter's bed and grabs the first aid kit. She takes him to the roof and cleans his wounds under the stars as Peter tells her it's ok and not to worry.

She takes the cream from the kit and rubs it on his wounds. Mary Jane doesn't talk about how worried she is about Peter anymore as she is used to it, after all these years. She puts it back in the box and looks back at Peter with his mask off.

She sees a sparkling engagement ring in his hand.

It reflects in his eyes as Mary Jane says, "Yes, it's a yes." Peter smiles as they hug.

A few nights later, a mini montage plays out of Peter going to Mary Jane's show. He walks out of his apartment as Ursula says, "Have a good time, Pete!" Mr Ditkovich says, "Well done on the months rent Peter! That was overdue.." Peter gives a thumbs up and leaves.

Mary Jane is backstage with her friend from Spider-Man 2, Louise, "Can't believe we're gonna be in a play again!" Mary Jane says. Her friend replies, "It'll be just like old times!"

We see Peter walk in and take his seat.
A man says his lines as Mary Jane stutters in her delivery. She looks at Peter and is able to say her line. Once it ends Peter says, "You were great, superb." Mary Jane says, "But I.."

Peter doesn't let her bring herself down because that's not what she needs and she wants Mary Jane to feel better by interrupting. Peter grabs her and kisses her. As their lips separate, Peter tells her.

"Listen, you were great." She smiles.

Peter turns around and heads off. While walking down the street, Peter bumps into someone he has not seen since nearly 10 years ago, Flash Thompson. He is walking down the street in a United States Military Uniform. Peter doesn't notice that it's Flash at first as he walks past him. Flash stops, and turns around. He looks at Peter.

"Parker?"

Peter turns around and smiles, "Flash?" Flash walks up and jumps into Peter giving him a big hug, "Hey man, I haven't seen you in like 10 years how you doing!"

"I'm great you?" Flash replies, "Yeah, just got back from Afghanistan." Peter says, "Thank you for your service." Flash smiles and says, "Thanks Peter. Anyway that's enough about me, what's going on with you?"

"Well actually I've got some big news." Flash looks at him, "I'm engaged to Mary Jane." Flash is puzzled, "Wait, Watson? No way congrats dude!" Peter says, "Thanks Flash, well I gotta get going, hope to see you again." They shake hands, "No problem man, hope to see you again too Peter. It was nice to see you again after all these years."

Peter walks away and smiles. He thinks about how much his life has changed, how much he's moved on, seeing old friends, in love. Things are, different.