Chapter 30 - Lizard is Loose

We cut to Spider-Man, he gets up of the building and rappels back in to the broken down room. He lands on his feet. Loud bangs and noises are heard as Peter takes off his mask and looks around. The Lizard's foot smashes into the side of Peter's face as he hits the brick wall beside him.

The Lizard walks out and lets out a roar as he lunges at Peter

The Lizard walks out and lets out a roar as he lunges at Peter. He moves out of the way because he doesn't want to hurt him. The Facility begins to come down as The Lizard continues to smash up the place.

Peter flips, jumps and dodges out of the way from The Lizard swinging at Peter and jumping at him. The roof starts to cave in as Peter pull looks down at both of his wrists and shoots the electric web gadget at The Lizard, in a desperate attempt to stop The Lizard and transform him to the Dr Connors he knows and loves. The electric web sends him to ground as he roars in pain. Mere seconds after this, the roof collapses which then pins rubble over Peter's head.

The impact of the rubble falling smashes Peter through the floor. Peter is now trapped under the debris while freezing cold in water.

 Peter is now trapped under the debris while freezing cold in water

(Creds. @raimiverse.site on IG.)

The Lizard rips the webbing of him and stops snarling as he starts to transform back to human form, "Dr Connors it's going to be o.." Peter struggles to hold to rubble over his head as he drops it. Peter screams in his torn up suit.

"How did I become such a monste.." He screams in agony as he is transforming back, "You know Peter, you've been a great kid to work with. Everything I told Octavius was right and still is. With everything that's happened, I have now realised that, I said The Lizard DNA to 'help others' was an excuse so I can grow back something I lost, my arm, and my family. I needed a scapegoat, I couldn't face that I was wrong, I had to have someone to blame for my mistake. I guess this is goodbye."

Connors screams in pain. NYPD choppers fly outside.

(Image I thought was fitting, with Dr Connors transforming back into human form, from being his Lizard alter-ego

(Image I thought was fitting, with Dr Connors transforming back into human form, from being his Lizard alter-ego.)

Yuri tells the Swat team members to capture him.

They slide down a rope and walk in. They pick up the unconscious Curt Connors as they take him back up.

"We were wrong about him, what a hero." They don't realise that Spider-Man is trapped, "Hey, hey someone please, help! Please, please, someone I can't get out. I'm stuck and I can't get out!"

Spider-Man tries to hold up the rubble but it doesn't move an inch. He moves it a tiny bit but then drops it, "Ahhhhhhh!" Spider-Man screams as he breathes heavily. There is silence as the camera zooms in on Spider-Man's torn up mask. Peter is in another one of his visions where he is in the car with Uncle Ben

"Peter, the things that the city have said are wrong. Spider-Man is forgiving and willing to self sacrifice for others, just to be not a better Spider-Man, but a better man. Spider-Man has a job to do, and when everything is against you, tears come streaming down your face, you are at your wits end or others are at wits end, he has to get back up, stronger than ever and remember that with great power, comes great responsibility. There is a job, to be done and he will have to live with his failures, watch his loyalty with people fade away, have trusts disapper and have tragedies thrown in his face that would break most people, but for Spider-Man, it makes him, and gives him the strength to do the job. That job is for you Peter. Anyone can Dawn the mask. So, son. Take my hand."

Peter takes his hand.