Chapter 4 - No Stopping Time

Peter opens the door to Aunt May's apartment and is shocked to see her on the floor trying to get up.

"Aunt May!"

He gets down immediately and helps her up to the couch and sits her down, gently.

"Thanks Peter." She sees that he has a very worried look on his face. "Oh don't worry about me. Just took a fall that's all." Peter says, "Please can you just consider moving into a condo downtown, with me. I can keep an eye on you and make sure you're ok."

"No, no, no. You'll find out when you're as old as I am. It's all apart of the process. You just start to slow down and age. It's a part of life, Peter. And we all know a man like you has certain, responsibilities."

An awkward moment of silence plays between the two until May asks him,  "So did Dr Connors speak to you?"

"Yes he did." Peter replies.

"Sounds like you're doing a good job down there, with all the hard work you've been doing, you deserve the raise. Martin Li was actually going to offer you a job at FEAST." Peter smiles and says, "I think the promotion at Horizon will pay the bills."

They both laugh and then get on the subject of Marriage and love as Peter says, "Well that's why I wanted to come over." Aunt May looks at him as Peter says.

"The proposal went great. Me and MJ are engaged."

Aunt May's face lightens up as she hugs him, "I wish Harry was here to see this."

"Don't do that to yourself Peter, he was a wonderful man and he's in a better place now. Up there with his Father. Well, you already know about the story of me and Ben, but you're going to see another story now."

Peter is confused. Aunt May hears a knock at the door and says, "I know this is hard for you Peter, but please, just try and welcome him." The door is opened to a man, that looks familiar.

"You must be Peter. May's told me a lot about you, and it's great to finally meet you."

He puts his hand out to Peter as he looks up. He smiles at Peter as his Spider-Sense goes off. We see that he looks an awful lot like the man he fought earlier but Peter couldn't put his finger on it.

The man laughs at Peter's silent stare. Peter now realises, he is the man with the wings from earlier. The one the press are calling, The Vulture.

"I'm sorry Aunt May I've got to go." He walks out as they look confused. Aunt May calls his name, "Peter?" Peter hides in the shadows as he sees them close the door.

Peter arrives home and calls Aunt May, "Aunt May who was that guy?" We see May's apartment with the man sat down, "Listen Peter please give him a chance, I know it's difficult and uncomfortable to see me with someone that isn't Ben, but please. His name is Adrian and I met him at FEAST. He looks like he's turning his life around and I-"

Peter hangs up.