005

"our lips are moving they're making words"

...

Randy Philips

It's been 2 days since my daughter shifted to LA and she has already been getting close with the Why don't we boys. The boys are sweet and all but do I really trust 5 teenage boys around my daughter? I know she is 21 and can handle herself but I really don't trust anyone right now. Especially Jack and Corbyn, I mean those boys are nice and all but maybe a little to close with Lanie. Right now I am just giving them a glare, the next time I might have a talk.

Lanie Philips

Looking at dad right now is giving me the protective dad vibes which I don't like so I am going to try to fill in this awkwardness with a good conversation.

"So boys, tell me a little more about yourselves"

"For starters I am Daniel Seavey, I mean you already know that but umm I love apple juice and watermelon and I hate chocolate like eww"

"And that's why we hate him" Corbyn interrupted.

"If Daniel get's kicked out of the band, you know why" Jack said causing me to laugh.

"I mean I personally don't like chocolate that much either. Like that shit is so overrated"

"Oh thank god, I finally have someone who doesn't like chocolates. Can we like be best friends?"

"Corbyn has that spot but I'm sure you guys can share, right Corbs?"

"Yeah Corbs?" Daniel spoke in a baby voice.

"I mean okay and not because of that voice Daniel, only because  Lanie said so"

"Hey what about me?" Jack fake whined.

"Gotta earn it buddy"

"I will before you can even blink"

"I just did, didn't see you earn it"

"And we got another Zach boys"

"Is that supposed to be an insult" a clueless Zach asked.

"No shit dummy" Daniel furrowed his eyebrows and said.

From the corner of my eye, I watched Jack walk away after a while. Why did he though? Shut up Lanie, that's none of your business.

Jack Avery

So I took Lanie's advice and decided to talk to Gabbie. While we were talking inside, I texted her if we could talk and she said that I could come to her place. I really hope this works out because I don't want anything wrong to happen to Lavender. I got in the car and drove to Gabbie's in a hope that when I drive back everything is going to be normal again. I knocked on the door of her apartment and Gabbie answered almost immediately. We went inside and she made us some coffee while I played with my daughter for a while. She got the coffee and some cookies while we sat down on her couch.

"So Jack, what's up?"

"Listen Gabbie, I'll go straight to the point right. We need to fix our relationship"

"I know we have to ,but how, Jack is the question"

"Can we try to be together again? I mean I don't know if you still love me but I still do"

"I do too Jack and I so badly want us to work out if not for us then for Lavender"

"I can't put Lavender's childhood at stake just cuz we can't work things out"

"Okay right, let's get back together and try and work things, yeah?"

"Glad we're on the same page"

Gabbie started to lean in and so did I till the point were our lips barely touched but we were kissing. This time it felt different, way different than usual and I don't know why but at least we are trying to work things out for our baby girl.

I had to get back to the boys so I kissed both Lavender and Gabbie a good bye and left. When I got to the house, Lanie opened the door and the fact that it was because of her me and Gabbie worked things I wanted to thank her. I hugged her and at first she was hesitant but she hugged back.

"What happened Jack?"

"Me and Gabbie worked it out thanks to you"

"Oh, that's good"

"Yeah we're dating again"

A/N

700 words