018

"but it's too hard"

...

"Also, we're in Hawaii so I want you to come visit Lavender with me" Jack told his girlfriend.

"Baby I can't do that"

"Why?"

"How am I supposed to face Gabbie? What do I say? Sorry for stealing your boyfriend and dating him"

"Lanie, weren't you guys friends before?"

"We were but that time I wasn't dating you, she was"

"Baby it'll be fine plus I'm sure little Lav would love to see you and Miley"

"I can try but I'm doing this just for you"

"If you feel uncomfortable anytime, I'll drop you back at the hotel okay?"

"Thank you baby"

"I love you and never say thank you"

"I love you more"

The girl got up and entered the bathroom to take a shower. When she came out, she saw a beautiful sight, Jack and Miley were sitting together on the little balcony outside. She walked closer to see Miley was sitting on Jack's lap and he was reading her a story. It surprised the girl how close the duo actually was, even before her and Jack had started dating. Even though she was good friends with Gabbie, the girl was a little scared to meet her boyfriend's ex.

The girl wore a black sweater and black jeans with air force ones and her hair was straightened. She came out and Jack went to Daniel's room as Corbyn walked into their room.

"i heard you guys were going to see Lav so I came to say good luck" Corbyn said hugging the girl.

"I'm scared Corbyn, really scared" she said, hugging back.

"it's going to be okay Lanie, call me if you feel uncomfortable" Corbyn said while pulling away from the hug and walking over to Miley.

Just as Corbyn approached Miley, Daniel walked in the room as well.

"Jack told me to tell you that y'all have to leave in 5 minutes"

As soon as Miley saw Daniel, she left Corbyn and rushed to Daniel hugging him and smiling. Corbyn's face dropped as Lanie walked up to him.

"I swear this man attracts kids like a magnet. How does Miley like Daniel more than me? I met her first" Corbyn said fake crying.

"she has a thing for blue eyes, I don't even know how" Lanie said in a reassuring tone, patting Corbyn's shoulder.

"if only I could change my fucking eye color" Corbyn whispered which caused Lanie to laugh.

"she loves you buddy, she's just into Daniel a little more" 

"If I kill him, will that make a difference?" Corbyn asked Lanie.

"Nope, number 1 you will break the band, number 2 Miley might be a little sad and number 3, Franny will kill you and so will the other seaveys, number 4 you'll go to jail and all your fame will be gone" that was a pretty good argument, both of them knew that.

"What if I kidnapped him and held him hostage?" at this point, Corbyn was actually kidding.

"Corbyn, where will that get you?" Lanie furrowed her eyebrows.

"Right, anyways I think you guys should go. Good luck and call me if you need me or anything okay?" Corbyn hugged the girl.

"I will call you Corbyn, I promise" Lanie hugged the boy back before walking over to Daniel and Miley.

Daniel had Miley in his arms when he saw Lanie walking his way.

"I'll see you soon princess, time to go with momma" Daniel softly whispered to the little girl while giving her a kiss on the forehead. Miley kissed Daniel's cheek before going into Lanie's arms which made Daniel smile but made Corbyn angrier.

"Lanie if you ever feel uncomfortable call me or Corbyn" Daniel said wiping his hands on his jeans for some odd reason.

"You guys are so sweet, what did I do to deserve this?" Lanie said in an emotional tone.

"Everyone deserves this" Daniel said as they walked off and Lanie left Corbyn and Daniel alone. Just when Daniel was about to say something, Corbyn put his hand in front of Daniel's face.

"Don't even think about it" Corbyn sounded almost sure with what was in Daniel's brain.

"I didn't even say anything" Daniel protested.

"I know exactly what you wanna say so zip it Seavey" was the last thing Corbyn said before walking off.

As they were getting closer to the house, Lanie's heartbeat rose. Jack could see that, he took Lanie's hands in his and rubbed her back to try and soothe her. Gabbie opened the door and warmly welcomed them. Jack and Miley spent their time with Lavender as Lanie and Gabbie just talked.

"I'm sorry Gabbie" Lanie suddenly spoke filling the silence between them.

"For what?" Gabbie questioned.

"For coming in between you and Jack"

"Lanie, you didn't come between us. We tried to fix it before but maybe it wasn't meant to be fixed. What we had was the past and what you guys have is the present, I can see that he is happy with you and you're happy too" Gabbie's words touched Lanie's heart.

"So you're not mad or anything?"

"I could never be, besides you guys are too cute"

"Thanks"

The girl sighed in relief that everything was fine between the two and just admired Jack and Miley smiling and playing with Lavender.

A/N

930 words

no bad blood between the two, yay for that

i want this to be short and simple plus i didn't want Gabbie to hold a grudge anyway so-

anywho, peace out till next time people

edited: March 2021