012

"i'll be there for you"

...

third person

jack💫

hey lanie, u free?

yeah what's up

can u come over plz

u okay?

just come over 

i'll be there asap

The girl rushed over to the boys place while telling her brother that she wasn't going to be home. Brennen at the moment was at the playground with Miley. The way Jack had texted her, worried the girl more than she wanted to be worried. She hurriedly drove over to Jack's place. She was engulfed in a hug by a crying Jack Avery.

"Jack, why are you crying?"

"sh-she broke up wi-with me again"

"Gabbie?"

"y-yes"

"Jack come inside"

The brunette girl held on to Jack and dragged him to his room. The moment they entered, Lanie sat down on his bed and Jack followed putting his head on the girl's lap softly crying. Lanie slightly rubbed his back and ran her hands through his hair trying to calm him down. Jack cried for an hour straight. After a while he calmed down and cuddled deeper into the girl.

"will you tell me what happened Jack?"

"am I that bad Lanie? I couldn't make it work, not even for Lavender"

"jack it isn't your fault that you guys drifted apart"

"but everything makes me feel like it is. Why did this happen Lanie, why?"

"Jack everything happens for a reason and I am sure your reason will be beautiful too"

"what about Lav?"

"you are still her father Jack, I mean you will be in her life no matter what"

"thanks Lanie, for everything"

Lanie Philips

It's not like Jack hasn't shown me his soft side before but he hasn't shown the sensitive part of him and honestly, I am happy that he trusts me enough to tell me such a thing. Maybe the boys already know but the fact that I know too gives my whipped self a small glimmer of hope that maybe me and Jack are possible you know. I know that the guys have become a big part of my life even if I don't talk about it that much but I want them to be by my side forever. I finally have a hope that I can have all that I have wanted my entire life.

Jack Avery 

It's been almost an hour since Lanie went back to her place and I haven't stopped thinking about her. She's just so sweet and beautiful. She's not like others, the one who judges you. I mean even Gabbie was pretty and special but a feeling inside me just says that Lanie is something different (a/n: not intended). A part of me just feels right around her like I don't even know why. I need someone to talk to right now. I walked outside my room and the first person I saw walking towards me was Daniel.

"hey Seavey, can I talk to you?"

"only Lanie calls me Seavey, is something wrong?"

"everything is wrong Daniel, everything"

"why what happened?"

"first of all Gabbie and I broke up again"

"really? I'm sorry dude, you doing okay?"

"yeah, I mean Lanie came over a while ago and calmed me down"

"that's nice of her"

"i know but there's maybe a small problem"

"don't tell me it's what I think it is"

"maybe"

"Jack, I won't let you use her as a distraction for Gabbie"

"she's not a distraction Daniel, I genuinely think I might like her"

"nope, it's not coming from the Jack I know. Dude, there's something that's not right"

"what's not right about this?"

"everything. Jack, you and Gabbie just broke up, you can't be liking someone already"

"what if it was from before?"

"no it was not. Listen man, clear your head a bit and calm down. Us boys will have a talk about this later"

"are you sure? They guys won't hate on me right?"

"nope, just tell them that you and Gabbie broke up and then give them time to process that before you hit them with the part of you liking Lanie"

"when do I tell them about the Lanie part?"

"give them a week to cool off"

"you sure this will work Daniel?"

"I guarantee you it'll work"

"okay thanks man"

"anything for my brother"

Maybe if I try to distract myself, I won't think about it that much. Maybe all these feelings for Lanie are just temporary and it's just my mind playing tricks on me. Or maybe I actually have strong feelings for her.

God just please make this work for me either way.

A/N

779 words

a little short but i think it was enough

also Daniel, ilysm