023

"we did it for the good times and the bad ones"

...

third person

It was a little over the middle of the night, the couple who was asleep could hear faint cries coming from another room. After the whole emotional breakdown, Lanie was tired and fast asleep. Jack got up from the bed and walked over to Miley's room to see what was up. He found the 4 year old hugging the unicorn he'd gotten her and crying. He quickly rushed over to Miley and held her in his arms, slightly rubbing her back. The girl kept crying while Jack started singing to her which made the girl calm down.

"you wanna sleep with me and momma?"

The little girl nodded her head and the 21 year old made his way to the couple's bedroom.

The boy was slightly rubbing the 4 year old's forehead when she spoke up.

"dada I love you"

"i love you too princess now get some sleep"

The girl cuddled into Jack and fell asleep within 2 minutes leaving Jack their to wonder about his fatherly feeling towards the girl who wasn't even his. Before falling asleep, the boy just wondered that if him and Lanie ever did get married, how the little girl would be legally adopted by the boy.

It was a little over 10am when Lanie woke up to see her niece/daughter and her boyfriend cuddled up together, peacefully sleeping. There was just something so special about Jack and Miley's bond that was so pure. After showering and changing, Lanie decided to make some pancakes for all of them. Half-way through her 'breakfast prep', a now wide awake Jack Avery came and wrapped his arms around the girl's waist and kissed the side of her head.

"morning baby" Lanie left the pancakes and turned around to embrace Jack in a hug.

"good morning sunshine"

"you hungry?" Lanie asked the boy.

"a little. You know baby, last night Miley had a nightmare and when I was calming her down, she said I love you to me"

"she did?"

"yes and that made me so happy. She's my little princess, just like Lavender"

"Jack, baby, you should feel special. Miley doesn't say I love you that often. I don't think she has even told dad she loves him"

"wait really?"

"yes. baby, she thinks your her father, thanks for making her feel loved in that way"

"just like i said, she's my little princess"

The duo ate breakfast and went back up to their room so that Lanie could go get ready for an interview she had. The girl asked Jack a question about her outfit while turning her head and jumped once she saw Jack right behind her.

"jeez babe, you scared me"

"sorry, it's just you look gorgeous" Jack said while looking at the floor.

"you love complimenting me don't you?" Lanie lifted Jack's face up.

"let a boy show his girlfriend how lucky he got. Jeez" Jack said before walking up to the bed.

"okay okay, sorry" Lanie playfully hit jack's shoulder.

"I just wish we will be like this forever-" Jack smiled.

"If anything, forever is too short" Lanie kissed his temple.

"Go kill your interview baby-"

"Don't worry I will"

And with that Lanie was out the door.

A/N

ehhhh

554 words