30

"Oh look at this!" Remus giggled as he sped into a chair making napkins flurry around him. Virgil smiled from his seat as Janus sat down beside his mate.

"Hello, you two." Janus nodded in response as Virgil glanced over to the chair Roman usually takes across from him. "Have any of you seen..."

"My brother is working late, it seems." Virgil frowned as Remus cut him off with a slight glare. 

"Well alright, as long as he doesn't overwork himself." Virgil sighed sadly as he just pushed about his food not all that hungry at the moment. Janus just beamed as he got a massive plate of venison steak, making Virgil actually chuckled a bit at the smile the other got. "Janus, I've been meaning to ask."

"Oh no." Janus mumbled as he took Remus's hand who was already about to pounce on the human.

"I was just intrigued by your fangs." Janus flinched a bit at the mention of them which Virgil swiftly picked up on. "I hope I don't cause offense. I didn't mean anything by it. I thought they were cool."

"Wait, what?" 

"Yeah!" Virgil chuckled as he pointed towards the other but not directly at as to not appear threatening. "At first I thought you were Sanguine because you mentioned that you could smell my blood but your fangs looked more Canis Lupus than anything. But when I really looked at them I noticed the top two canines were slightly elongated compared to the others and therefore slightly different to any Lupins I've learned about." Janus just blinked just staring at Virgil who was still smiling away. "I meant no offense, really. I was just wondering why they looked different but also... sweet as fuck."

"You... You actually like my fangs?" Virgil nodded as Janus blushed a bit smiling as he turned back to his food. "What about my uh.... my eyes?"

"I mean I haven't ever met a heterochromatin vampire before but I have heard a story or two about it being a passive trait in Lupins. That yellow eye though..." Virgil mumbled as he took a small bite of his beans. "That's definitely vampiric. Yellow, Green, and Red eyes are very common for Sanguine. Whereas Blues are pretty much reserved for the Empathics and the Psis. Your other eye though... That's such a pretty light blue. It makes me think of those eyed huskies I'd see pictures of when I managed to sneak my guardian's phone."

"I'm uh... Well..." Janus was a blushing mess as Remus just chuckled beside him. The man was not used to compliments at all besides from his mate. "I'm a half-breed."

"No way!" Virgil beamed as Janus just nodded.

"My uh... My father was an alpha wolf and my Mother was a Sanguine vampire. So... I'm half Lupin half Sanguine... all me." Virgil smiled happily as Janus looked away clearly anxious and uncomfortable.

"I've never met a Hybrid before." Janus's eyes shot over in shock as even Remus faltered in surprise.

"A what? Hybrid?" Virgil nodded as Janus's voice shook. "What?"

"That's what you are... the offspring of two different creatures. A hybrid." Virgil stabbed at his own meat before just smiling over at Janus. "The term you used was degrading to yourself and others like you. I felt it best I refrained from using it... Hybrid was the nicest term I've heard so... that's what I chose. Is that alright or would you prefer me to refer in as something else?"

"Wait, why are you being so kind? I am genuinely confused." Janus whispered, his eyes still wide in shock. "Most people of any species just call me a half breed... a crossbreed... amalgam... a freak."

"You are not a freak. You're a gift considering successful cross-breeding is unlikely. You were born AND survived to be an adult. That's far longer than many hunters live..." Virgil's eyes went cold suddenly shocking everyone at the table. "In fact, it's a miracle if hunters survive past their first hunt. I'm surprised they're so many of them now that I think about it. How the fuck are they all over the place. They're like fucking rabbits."