95

TW~ Main character death (I've literally been warning you all about this since before Virgil ever turned), a lot Gore right from the start, blood, death, my shitty writing, and horrible ability to end a book any good.

"Roman, no." Virgil whined as he frantically tried to fight against the silver. He had some tolerance from being a hunter with vampire qualities. He had been around the stuff for so long he just had to try. "Can't... Can't let him..." Virgil screamed as he strained against the silver desperately trying to break through it all. "LET. ME. GO!" Lightning crashed around him singeing everything around him. The silver snapped under the strain and Virgil froze panting at the excess of energy that was used. He quickly shed the chains from around him before jumping up just in time to see the panicked faces of the hunters just outside the door. Lightning sparked in his palms as light swirled dangerously around him. "Run."

"VIRGIL!" Roman screamed out as he burst into the base not even caring that he startled several hunters right by the door. It didn't really matter much when they exploded in a thing of shadows. Guts spattered the walls as Roman wiped the blood off his face. He was going to kill every single damn hunter that stands in his way from rescuing his love. Alarms went off as screaming sounded further in the base making Roman's already glowing eyes brighter. "Just hold on."

"WHERE'S HARMAN?!" One of the hunters cried out only to get decapitated seconds later only adding their blood to the sea below them. Virgil stood there completely drenched in blood, as he growled out in rage.

"How did he break through the silver?" Another asked as they tried to shoot at the young royal only to cry out as they slammed back against the wall. Virgil teleported in front of her stomping her throat in as she collapsed to the floor.

"Damn it. He's always been a freak!" Virgil growled as he shifted back before teleporting again only to end up in someone's arms.

"Relax, Amica mea." Virgil's eyes shot wide as all his light vanished, just as shadows started to burrow out of the remaining hunters around them. Virgil only managed a few seconds, seeing how the shadows writhed like worms in a corpse before guts and body parts went flying everywhere. Virgil screamed as Roman quickly shielded him against the exploding hunters, letting the sound melt into the soft patting of falling remains and blood dripping down from the ceiling.

"YOU STUPID!" Virgil screamed out as he sobbed hitting Roman against his chest repeatedly before just breaking down and crying against his love.

"I'm sorry." Roman held Virgil close as tried to calm his own shaking down. "I know I shouldn't have, but I had to come. I had to save you."

"H-Harman?" Roman smiled as he nuzzled into Virgil.

"I know. I saw him. He just left before anything started happening."

"We need t-to go... t-the alarm..." Roman nodded as he took Virgil's hand leading the dazed vampire through the blood storm they left behind. "R-Ro?"

"Shh... My love. We don't want to draw any more attention to ourselves." Roman's eyes were firmly focused on what was in front of him. Virgil was just trying to keep breathing. His panic was burning through him as he clutched tightly to Roman's hand as if that alone would ensure that they BOTH would make it out of this mess. Roman suddenly pressed his hand against Virgil's chest pushing them back against the wall as he stiffened up, just as the large doors opened hiding Virgil behind them. Virgil's eyes bugged as he watched several hunters race down the hall towards where the explosions all happened. How the hell were they getting out of this? It was just the two of them. Roman's eyes narrowed as he watched the hunters disappear, this feeling of murderous intent filling the bond as he quickly shook himself out of his thoughts to focus. "Stick close." Roman pulled them through another hallway not wanting to catch too much attention too soon. Roman shrouded them in shadows as he created loud crashes of thunder outside to hopefully help drown out any sound they accidentally make. They made it to another door and Roman faltered at the mass amounts of hunters.