Chapter 42

He pulls his Camino into a driveway. The gates that have an "S" located in the center come into view and I realize it's his house. Why in the hell has he brought me here?

 He drives through the courtyard and parks his car next to the huge latticework water fountain. I notice my phone is hanging at the edge of his pocket and that's when my hand swiftly takes it out. I make my move by opening the door and letting myself out.

  "Where are you going?" He shouts after me.

   I don't respond. I keep racing across the courtyard and past where the gated gates are located. Hearing his footsteps close by me, I turn a full 180 degrees and look him straight in his rigid, cold, hard eyes; almost midnight blue if I didn't know his eyes were blue I would have thought his eyes were pure black. Those eyes make me flinch a little.

  "Open the gates, Chris," I demand harshly.

  "No, you are not going out there alone," he says emotionlessly and crosses his arms.

  "You're unbelievable! Why did you even bring me to your house?"

   "Because I have to keep an eye on you since you always seem to get into trouble and hurt yourself-"

  "Well the only thing I think would hurt me is you!" I retort.

  He clenches his jaw shut and looks at me disapproving. I want to yell at him once more, but he gets in first. "You're pissed! I swear if you'll hurt yourself. I will just-"

   I wince at his choice of words, mentally scolding myself for being so reckless. I stand in front of him, soaking up his displeasure, feeling humiliated and pathetic.

  Our confrontation is interrupted when a red Mustang pulls up to the gated gates. Whoever it is, is starting to open the gates. Chris snaps his head to focus his attention on the vehicle. "Fuck, this can't be happening right now," he says between his teeth. "Christine! Please hold and don't open those gates now!" He shouts at the poor girl.

  Who's Christine anyway? Maybe another girl he sleeps around with. I can't handle this, especially him.

   As soon as the gates open- well just barely enough, and before they start to close, I squeeze through it. I see Chris run at a fast rate; goes up to the Mustang, and I hear him tell her, "Christine, head inside, and I'll meet you there in a couple of minutes. I have to take care of something." The gates start opening again and the car moves inside his home. He strides towards me. Won't he just give it a rest and leave me alone? 

   I get my phone out and dial an Uber as I start walking down the lane- since I already called Camille, but unfortunately, Chris had told her he would take me home when obviously he didn't. I don't want to bother her again; then I know she will be worried about me, plus I don't like to trouble other people. The call connects and I go to speak but realize Chris moving so fast, I don't have time to catch the look on his face.

  "What the?" I yelp as he flings me into the air and over his shoulder. "What are you doing? You can't do this!" Not again!  He's ignoring me. I'm staring straight at his firm behind- of course, he has navel-blue jeans. I wonder what his behind would look like without his jeans. What the hell? Did I just think that? I'm not thinking clearly; since I am hanging upside down, maybe all the blood is rushing to my brain. At least that's what I try to convince myself. When he turns, without a word he starts stalking across the courtyard, I scream, "Fucking put me down, Chris!" All of a sudden he slaps my ass. "Ouch!"

  "Will you stop fighting me and finally obey me?" He growls.

  "Did you just spank me?" I question still shock in my voice that he actually just did that.