Chapter 21

(Author's Note: If you would wish to listen to Chapter 21 parts 1, 2 , and 3on audio, please click the videos. I hope you enjoy it!)

  We arrive at the Auto shop, and I look out the window to take sight of it; I notice a huge black-letter sign that spells out Dylan's Diesel and Auto Repair. It's an old run-down building with white paint coming off the walls, it looks like it has been here for years. The garage is wide open to where I can see the cars parked outside and then my eyes shift to men working on other vehicles located inside the garage.

   Chris opens the passenger door for me and holds out his hand. "You ready to go inside," he says with a grin.

  I take his hand and he helps me out of the car. I feel the same roughness of his hand that I remember when he first helped me up from the floor. I smile. "Thank you, Chris." I let go of his hand quickly, that sounds familiar, doesn't it?

  As we walk toward the shop, I hear drills going off every so often and a familiar fragrance of dirty motor oil, chassis grease, and brake dust.

  He opens the front door for me and a bell goes off. I smile to thank him and he slightly nods. Why is Chris being nice to me now?

  A man- a very buff and attractive older man comes out of the garage. What's with me and muscular bodies? "You must be Chris's friend, but didn't mention you were a woman," the man says.

  What? Women can't be mechanics too? I notice he's wearing a blue mechanic overall and on the right of his chest says: "Dylan." I assume he must be the owner.

  He notices the look I'm giving him and quickly corrects himself, "No, I didn't mean it like that. We don't have very many women who come to this shop and it's nice for a change." He comes closer to me. "Between you and me, I believe women are better mechanics than men."

  "You know I can hear you, Dylan," Chris gabs.

  "Yes, I know. You guys always slack off out there and don't do anything. At least with her-" Dylan turns his gaze towards me. "We will get more work done around here."

  He cleans his oily hands with a red cloth and holds up his hand and I shake it. "My name is Mr. Miller, but you can call me Dylan." His amber eyes shift to Chris. "Chris calls me Dylan."

  "My name is Sussianna," I smile.

  "That's a beautiful name," Dylan affirms.

  "Thank you."

  "Should I give you a tour?"

  "No, I'll give her a tour," Chris says harshly and I scowl at him to be nice.

  "Alright, you've been here since you were a little boy, you should know your way around the shop by now," Dylan confirms nicer than Chris did.

  Chris leads me to the garage and I follow right behind him.

  "You know, you can be nice for a change," I say to Chris.

  He laughs. "I am being nice."

  "That's what you call being nice?" I ask.

  "Yes," he shrugs. "It's who I am, they know me by now and I'm not going to change for anyone." He waves his hand at the space around us. "This is the garage; we will start here."