Chapter 24

(Author's Note: If you would wish to listen to Chapter 24 parts 1 and 2 on audio, please click the videos. Thank you!)

  I hear snoring, at first, I thought it was Sadie lightly snoring, as she usually does, but then the snoring becomes heavy and when I open my eyes, my brain wraps around my head and I realize Chris is sleeping on my bed. I remember last night, he came here to my house- drunk, him smelling of vodka, then my nightmare; him coming into my bedroom because he suddenly cared about me, and how I felt secure in his arms. I'm still tangled in his arms and he has them wrapped around me like he's hugging a pillow. I don't want to leave these arms, but I have to use the bathroom and I wouldn't want to deal with the awkwardness good morning routine this early in the morning.

  What time is it, anyway? I glance at my clock on the nightstand it says 5:56. I never have woken this early before; it must be Chris's snoring that woke me up.

  I attempt to wiggle my way free out of his arms, but his body weight is too heavy for me. So, I try a second approach, I put my palm on Chris's arm and gently remove them from my waist. I slide from under his embrace.

  I get up off the bed and tiptoe to my dresser. I open the bottom drawer, to retrieve a pair of panties. Then I hurry to the closet, pulling out a pair of faded blue jeans and a white T-shirt. I grab my bra from behind the door and head out when Sadie jumps off the bed.

  Chris starts groaning and rolls onto his back. No, don't wake up yet.

   I rush to pick up Sadie off the floor, so she won't make any more noise. I glance toward Chris to see he's still asleep, and I'm thankful he didn't wake up. He looks peaceful and so relaxed. With his lips slightly parted, he makes soft snoring sounds, and as he snores his chest slowly moves up and down. He has his shirt rolled up to his stomach, revealing his belly button, his abs, and that red rose tattoo, I've become fond of. His short black hair is spiraled out of control on the pillow and instead of his arms being at his sides, they're above his head now. Even when he's asleep, he looks gorgeous.

  As enticing as it would be to go over to him and have him wrap those arms around me again. I can't deal with him just yet, and plus I have to use the bathroom. I wonder how he's going to be today. Is he going to be the pleasant and charming guy he sometimes is? Or would he be back to the guy who gets me mad and pushes my buttons?

  With Sadie in one arm and my clothes in the other, I walk out of the room and gently close the door behind me. I put Sadie down and head to the bathroom.

  Once in the bathroom, I use the restroom and then I strip off my pajamas and climb into the shower. I feel the water falls over me and I welcome the warm water for my intense body. I'm grateful for the shower being warm, and not its usual freezing self.

  As the water crashes over me, my brain ponders to Chris- this is the first time in my life, I ever slept with anyone before and in my own bed, especially with a guy. And he's still here, sleeping in my bed. I wonder how he will feel once he gets up. Probably he'll be hungover. Who knows how much he drank last night?

  I reach for the body wash and start to wash my body. As I wash, my mind keeps going over Chris and how he showed up at my house. I wonder why he came here, anyway? I thought he would not speak to me again after the stunt he pulled yesterday. If he'd never shown up here, I surely was not going to talk to him. My subconscious rears her little head around and tells me, sure you wouldn't have spoken to him and never seen him again, you must be still dreaming.