Chapter 39

(Author's Note: If you would wish to listen to Chapter 39  audio, please click the video. Thank you!)  

  After Camile finally drove me to her house and told me to take a shower to look refreshed because I presumed I was dirty; added to that I did not want to fight her against it. In only a towel, she starts to do my makeup by applying foundation to my face, blushing my cheeks, adding a coat of black mascara, and putting pink shiny gloss to my lips. I keep telling her to not make me look like a clown, and she promises me she won't, that she's going to make me look beautiful. I hate wearing makeup. I am not the type of girl to use makeup, I prefer to keep it natural. 

  She begins to brush my hair back, brings a big section of my hair at the front of my head, and separates it into three strands. She takes the back strand and crosses it over the middle, then adds a new section of my hair and crosses it back to the strand. She repeats it until she braids a section of my hair. I ask her what is this look and she calls it a "waterfall braid."  

  I am about to get up but she sits me back down and refuses to let me see myself until she's done with my hair and dressing me in clothes. I feel like I am a dress-up barbie doll or instead of a doll, I believe I'm like Julia Roberts from Pretty Woman, except I am not Julia Roberts nor am I beautiful. 

  I wish my life was like Pretty Woman and have a handsome guy who's extremely wealthy like Richard Gere; who would climb up the tower and rescue me from my shadows that I'm sunken into, excluding being a prostitute. 

  Why can't my life be like that? Like a 90's or 80's movie? I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want to ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey from Can't Buy Me Love. I want Dusty from Pure Country to sing me a love song.  I want Sam to come up and kiss me before the time runs out at the baseball field from Never Been Kissed. I want it when Jack tells Rose to hold onto the railing as they both step on the bow of the ship and look like they are flying from Titanic. 

  But, no. No, my life is not like a romantic movie. As I have said before life is full of disappointments and there is no chivalry in the world. This is my life and life is horrendous. I just have to accept it because no one will ever rescue me.

 Camile continues to work on my hair by curling it and then layers it with an enormous amount of hair spray.

   "There, your hair is done, along with your makeup. Time to get you into some clothes. I know the perfect outfit!" She shouts. Geez, I know I am rolling my eyes at the ridiculous clothing she's going to fit me into.

"Stay there, and don't move," she says as she goes and grabs an outfit.

  I wait patiently on the chair clinging to the white towel wrapped around my body when Camile comes back with a black cotton deep V neckline and long sleeves blouse, alongside a black ruched mini bodycon skirt, and a lace pushup bra. 

 Oh hell, my ass is going to look huge in that skirt. She's got to be kidding me.

 Noticing the horror in my eyes she assures me by saying, "Don't worry, you're going to look beautiful, plus sexy.  This will make people notice you."

  This will certainly draw someone's attention. I can not wear this. 

  "Just try it on, please? You are going to hurt my feelings, since I am the one who made the outfit."

  "You made this?"

   "Yes, I made it, especially for you. It should fit your body perfectly."

  I oblige and grab the clothing from her hands. "Can I change alone, please?"

 She rolls her eyes at me playfully, but she still steps out so I can get dressed. I know we are both women, yet I still do not like to be naked in front of anyone, even a woman. Even though, you were naked with Chris? My subconscious snarls. I ignore the ringing of my subconscious and am determined to push her out of my head for at least this evening. 

  I slip down the towel and put on the pushup bra as well as the blouse. I look down at my chest and roll my eyes at the neckline; it's showing my breasts. Oh good gosh! I might as well show my boobs, so everyone can see. When pulling up the skirt to my hips, I notice it's short, too short. The hemline is well above the knee. I know if I bend over someone would see my ass. This is something I would not ever wear. I feel naked with my legs this exposed, so I tug at the material trying to pull it down, but it won't seem to go lower. On top of that, the material clings to my body, it's too tight. 

  I go open Camile's closet door and I look at the full-body mirror. I cringe at the girl who is staring at me. I know it's me, but I look different, for once in my life I look attractive. My makeup is a lot better than I expected it to be. My hazel eyes look almost blue, but still, a tone of blueish-green against the black and silver eyeshadow, and the pink she used to blush my cheeks make my cheekbones influential. My hair does look beautiful with full lushes curls and the french braid to the side of my hair looks more astounding.

 I walk away from the mirror then I slowly step back examining myself.  I can't believe this is me. Nonetheless, the clothes are snuggled against my body. My fingers still tug at the material trying to make it looser on my body and then I pull down the blouse to not show off my bust as much.  

  "Stop fidgeting. You look so beautiful." I hear Camile's voice.  

  I turn fast and ask, "How long have you been standing there?"

  "I just came in. You like?" She asks while smiling. 

  "Yes, I like it. Perhaps I could have pants instead of this skirt?" I ask her.

  "No... But I will give you some pantyhose."

  "Pantyhose?"

  "Yes," she rolls her eyes when she heads to one of her drawers and pulls out a pair of black pantyhose.  "Here, put these on."

  I grab it from her and slide it on my legs while Camile steps into her closet and digs for shoes. She pulls out black stilettos with studded silver on the straps. 

  "There's no way I can wear those! You know I can't wear high heels," I remind her. I swear I can not wear heels, and I am not exaggerating; I actually can't wear heels due to my feet being flat.  My feet have no arch, which means I will fall on my ass if I wear those.

    "Sussianna, you can't wear tennis shoes with this outfit," she waves the heels in front of me so I can take them.  I roll my eyes and snatch them from her hands. 

    I sit on the chair and put them on. I hold out my hand, gesturing for her to help me up. She helps me stand up and I cling to her small arm as I take a couple of steps. I'm already struggling to walk. 

    Still gripping her arm, I look up at her and plead with my eyes that I can not walk in these.

    She laughs. "You'll be fine... You just got to get used to them."

     This time without holding onto her, I walk a few more steps to get the hang of it until I feel comfortable in these shoes. 

   "Are you ready to go?" She asks and I nod.