Chapter 10

(Author's Note: If you would wish to listen to Chapter 10 on audio, please click the video. I hope you enjoy it)

   The parking lot is full of customers, Saturdays at the store are very busy, it's always busy on the weekends. I manage to put my bike on the bike rack and make my way inside. Inside, there are a lot of people. This is going to be a long day. I move quickly to the break-room, so no one will stop me before my shift starts and I'm thankful that no one did. I place my bag and jacket in my locker and go check in with Camille. I spot Camille by the computer and see her checking the catalog numbers on what items we need to order.

  "Hi Camille, I'm checking in for work," I say playfully.

   "Hello, Sussianna. Someone was looking for you today," she glances off from her computer to look towards me.

   "Oh... Who?" Why would someone be looking for me? Unless... Oh no, please don't let it be who I think it is.

  "Chris who else, unless you have another guy stalking you," she taunts and rolls her eyes. Of course, it's him.

   "What did he want?" I ask.

    "I guess he thought you came to work early when we open up." She slightly turns the stool towards me, so she can watch my reaction, but she still has her eyes fixed on the screen- for now. "He wanted to know what time you come in and what time you get off work?"

    Why would he say that? Does he want to pick me up? I don't think so, I already agreed with him on our arrangement. I'm not changing my mind.

  "He was here at 8 am, looking for me?... And what did you tell him?" I have to know. Knowing Camille, she probably did have a talk with him again. I'm hoping she didn't.

  "Yup, and I gave him a lecture as well," she doesn't look at me, but I can see a smirk come upon her face.

    Oh no, I knew it. I thought she had already given him a lecture in the car. I hope she didn't scare him, well, I don't think Chris can get scared easily. I just hope they did not fight or yell at each other because they both seem like they would get into a fight.

   "What did you tell him?" I give her a grim expression.

   "I just basically told him... I know what you are up to mister..."

   "What! You didn't!" I shout. "What did he tell you?"

  "Yes, I did, and now if you would let me finish. I will tell you," she says sarcastically.

   I roll my eyes. "Okay sorry... Just continue, I promise I won't interrupt again." I hold my hands up to look dramatic. Gosh! Am I becoming like Chris, interrupting people?

  "Okay back to the story." She moves her body so that way she can fully see me.

  "He told me he wasn't up to anything." She rolls her eyes. "I know he's up to no good, but he told me, 'He just wants to be your friend,'" she air quotes. "I said 'to cut his shit and tell me the truth, what are your intentions with her?' And he kept saying, 'we're studying together, I have no intentions with her,'" she sighs in anger and continues. "And he gave me that evil smirk again. I didn't like that smirk he gives me, so I told him off by saying, 'Stop smiling at me, you're freaking me out,' and of course, he denied it and said, 'I don't know what you're talking about.' I have to admit he's good at diverting away from the conversation... I also told him, 'As her friend, you better treat her good and don't hurt her, but I hope for your sake you won't,' and he said, 'I don't know what you mean, we're just friends.' He stuck to 'we're just friends'  bullshit all the way until the end of our conversation." She used air quotes almost the entire speech she gave me.