Chapter 22

(Author's Note: If you would wish to listen to Chapter 22 on audio, please click the video. Enjoy!)

  He moves to the tool chest and for a moment I thought he was going to kiss me again, but instead he reaches for his t-shirt and he puts it over his head. I look down at his jeans and notice it's compact in the front. I quickly look down at the overall and I'm back to blushing again.

  I unbutton the overall and remove it from my body. I hand it back to him and he takes it and throws it in the closet. He sure likes to throw his belongings. I can just imagine what his house or his dorm must look like, with clothes laying around the place and it looks like a complete and utter mess.

   "Let's go," he cocks to the door and starts to walk out, without looking back.

  I look all around me like this can't be real. I'm in disbelief, I just kissed Chris and he seems unaffected by all of this. I, on the other hand, am totally affected by what just happened I can still feel his lips on me, and the touch has caused my own lips to be swollen from our incredible kiss. But how can he feel so calm after that kiss? I know he felt something because I felt him harden against me and that was not his phone because his phone was in the back pocket of his jeans.

  "Are you coming?" Chris yells and sticks his head out of the door.

  I walk toward the door and shake my head at my stupidity. How did I end up kissing Chris? This is not like me; going around and kissing some random guy. Well, technically Chris is not some random guy, he was supposed to be my friend, and I don't know if he is still my friend after this.

   I step out the door and into the shop when I discern Chris is still emotionless. I hate this, the bastard feels nothing, and it was a mistake of kissing him. I'm ignorant. Right?

   My attention goes to where Dylan is standing by the front desk and working on the computer. He lifts up his head and says, "You guys are done already? I thought you would be here longer."

  "Yeah. Well, Sussianna has to get going, she told me she has a lot of work to do for school," he shrugs. He's such a liar, I did not say that to him, he's the one who said he wanted to take me home. "And it's a school night."

   It's a school night. Is he trying to be my father? I'm not a child, I'm an adult. He's treating me like a child and I'm the same age as Chris. Is he the same age as me or older? I don't think he's younger than me- he looks about in his twenties. But still, if he's older than me doesn't mean he can treat me like I'm some teenager.

  "Oh... Okay." He looks at Chris with uncertainty, then he turns to look at me and says, "Sussianna, you are welcome back to my shop anytime."

  I smile. "Thank you, Dylan."

  "Well, let's go Sussianna," Chris commands when he walks towards the door and stares back at me to make sure I follow right behind, but I think it's a warning glare to-come-with-him-or-he-himself-will-drag-me-out.

  I glance back at Dylan and say, "Goodbye, Dylan."

  "Goodbye, Sussianna, and come back soon." I nod and follow Chris outside.

    It's already getting dark as he drives me home. I stare out of the window looking at the headlights of other cars, there's silence and I'm left to think alone in my thoughts, I shouldn't even think such thoughts, but I can't help it. Why did he act so strange after we kissed, and especially after he got that call? Who was he talking to, anyway? He didn't even say anything to me when we were coming back to the car. Am I that bad of a kisser? True, I haven't kissed anyone before until him, but I can't be that bad. Can I?