Chapter 8

(Author's Note: If you would like to listen to Chapter 8 parts 1 and 2 on audio, please click the videos. Thank you! PS. this has Sussianna's dog, Sadie to give you an idea of what she looks like)

  My dog comes running towards me. I put my hand out for her to stop. "No! Sadie, stay... Sit," I command and she obliges. "Good girl."

   It's not much, but it's home. I have one master bedroom with all linoleum wooden floors and clean white walls throughout my house. The kitchen is narrow and connects to the living room. The rooms have cheap furniture with torn and scratches that seriously need to be replaced, but you got to have money in order to fix or replace things. The bathroom is small enough to only fit two people and it's right next to the bedroom. It's small, but it's just me and my dog, Sadie.

  "This is a beautiful home and I like your dog too," he says as he looks throughout my home and I think he's just being modest.

  "Thanks," I smile, and then the realization hits me- I have my bras hanging on my bathroom curtains. Shit! I can't let him see that. "Can you wait for a minute, please?" He groans and jumps up and down like he really does need the bathroom. "Sorry, I have to clean the bathroom. I'll be really fast."

  "You know you don't have to hide your panties and bras. It's not like the first time I have seen some girl's bra and underwear before," he winks.

  I blush. Can he read my mind? "I just need to clean the bathroom, it's a mess," I lie.

  He rolls his eyes. "Yeah, sure it is," he says, sarcastically.

  I walk, more like running to the bathroom. As soon as I'm in the bathroom I retrieve my bras off the curtain rack and hide them in my bedroom.

  I walk out into the living room and see him looking around at all my things, maybe I shouldn't have left him alone in my living room. I should have left him outside because now he's being nosy and looking at everything I have. I'm not used to people looking at and maybe even touching my things.

  "Okay, the bathroom is all yours," I mutter as I point to the bathroom.

  "Finally," he mocks.

  "Shut up, and use the bathroom," I say when I still have my finger pointing in that direction.

  "Yes, ma'am," he answers as he strolls to the bathroom. I hear the door squeak as he closes it and I see the light flick on.

  I look around my living room to see what he touched or if he moved anything. My eyes search all around including the kitchen, thankfully nothing looks moved. I know I sound paranoid, but I like my stuff to be in a certain way. Plus, I don't want Chris touching my things.

  The door opens and I hurry to the couch to sit down before Chris comes out.

  His eyes search for me and when he spots I'm on the couch he utters, "Thanks for letting me use your bathroom."

  "You're welcome," I murmur as my dog gets off her bed and moves across to Chris.

  He bends down to the floor to pet her. "I think your dog likes me. I always wanted a pet."

  "Oh, she's not my pet, she's my ESA."

  Why did I just say that? I should keep my mouth shut. I could slap myself right now for telling him that. People don't understand what my dog does and some people make fun of me. Will Chris make fun of me and tell his friends? Gosh, I hope not. Me and my big mouth.