𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 18

"Yo, what's--"

"When were you planning on telling me about the food at Tranquility?" I accuse.

"Uh, I don't know?"

"Yeah, that's not the answer I'm looking for, Miriam," I huff, switching to hold my phone with the other hand as I grab a box of pre-made pizza to put in my cart. "I went there yesterday. Holy shit, best eggs Benedict I've ever had."

Miriam chuckles. "Yeah, I think they put crack in their food or something because it always tastes way too good to be true. But yesterday? Tranquility is closed Mondays."

"I know that now. Kook told me to give the place a shot and said it didn't matter when I went, to just tell whoever was there that he sent me, basically."

"Oh, I see," the black-haired woman hums thoughtfully. "So who cooked? In my opinion, Jin is the best but Ammo is also a popular pick."

"Jin was there." I squeeze my phone between my ear and shoulder in order to grab a couple of boxes of pre-made meals while Miriam tells me I'm lucky to have tasted his magnificent creation. "I met Delilah, too."

"Oh." The drastic change in her tone does not go unnoticed. The curiosity in her voice is long gone, now replaced with a dull disappointment of sorts. "Is that so?"

"Wow, don't get too excited," I joke sarcastically. "You and her not on good terms or something?"

"Something like that. It's not like we had beef or anything, she just never really warmed up to me. Don't know if she was annoyed by me, if I did something to piss her off, or maybe I'm just not her cup of tea," she replies, nonchalant for the most part but with a dash of bitterness.

"Don't take it to heart. You can't please everyone," I tell her, resisting the urge to tease her about it. It's probably nothing serious but for all I know, Miriam might actually feel strongly about Delilah's supposed dislike.

"It's whatever. But, a word of advice; don't get on her bad side and don't hurt her."

"I think you failed the first part," I snicker.

"What I mean is don't let her hate you. At the same time, you don't wanna be too close to her all the time. She's got close ties with the club which makes her a bit dangerous to be around, especially if you've done harm to her."

"Because she'll deal twice the amount of damage back, right?" She seems like the type of woman who can handle herself. Given that's she's as close as she is with the club, I don't think she's the type to run away from a fight with her tail between her legs. Besides, she had Jimin scared that time he came back after being out of town for a few days. Clearly she must be a force to be reckoned with.

"Well, kinda. But more importantly, she's got a gang member who will deal the damage back tenfold."

I ponder over her words for a moment before I finally understand the hidden meaning. "Oh, Chim?"

"Mhm. He is prepared to go to the ends of the earth for her. Anyone who goes after her is subjected to his wrath. And when he's out for blood, he's fucking ruthless," Miriam warns.

"Alright, so no matter what, don't so much as look at Delilah the wrong way. Got it."

"I'm being serious, Nikki."

"And I am, too. I don't doubt a word you've just said--something tells me Chim will gut me like a fish if I upset Delilah in any way. That is not the fate I want to be faced with," I say calmly.

"Good. So stay clear of--"

As I'm turning a corner into another aisle, I end up ramming my cart into a woman. She drops the items she had been holding and my heart drops with them, a wave of humiliation crashing over me and scalding my exposed skin.