𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 6

Neither I nor Miriam had work today so she and I made plans for us to go out. She had said we'd be going to a bunch of stores for clothes but I highly doubt I'll be buying anything. I'm not the type to spend money on stuff like that, the clothes I have now are more than enough. Going out to look wouldn't kill me though, and I certainly wasn't gonna turn down an invitation to spend more time with Miriam.

There's a pizza parlour we agreed to meet at since Miriam wants to pick up something for lunch. Afraid of being late, I made the conscious decision to arrive earlier than the meeting time. Now I just hope I won't be the one waiting for too long. Luckily, Miriam is right on time, waving at me when she enters before going up to the front counter to order. I get up from my seat and walk over to her, bumping my hip with hers once close enough.

"I hope you're ready to help me because I'm thinking about buying a lot today. I need your opinion and possibly your arms if everything becomes too much for me to carry alone," Miriam warns. All I can do is give a smile that doesn't quite reach my eyes, worried about what this shopping spree would entail. My arms aren't exactly ideal for carrying a lot of weight. My mother always jokes that she thinks they'll snap if I'm not careful because of how skinny they are.

When Miriam receives her pizza slices, we leave the shop and I follow behind as she leads the way to her favourite stores. The black-haired girl is trying to scarf down her pizza as fast as she can so, as a result, there isn't much conversation happening between us but it doesn't really bother me. I'm more than happy to walk in a comfortable silence, observing each of the shops we pass by. While preoccupied with staring at a cute antique shop, I run right into a now frozen Miriam. Somehow, the force of walking into her only affects me--Miriam doesn't even budge whereas I am forced back a few steps while trying to catch my balance. I look over her shoulder and realize why she suddenly stopped.

On the side of the road in front of one of the stores, three Scarlet Knives members are perched on their bikes. I recognize Pretty Boy as one of the three and I'm sure that I've seen the other two before, too. One is blonde with large eyes, full lips and an attractive face, one that certainly doesn't look like it belongs to a guy in a motorcycle gang. He has extremely wide shoulders which create the impression that he's wearing football shoulder pads underneath his shirt. The other is visibly shorter than the trio and has mint-coloured hair. His eyes are more narrowed, almost cat-like, and he honestly looks like he would rather be elsewhere. His skin is considerably paler--nowhere near as bad as mine, of course--and it looks as if he hasn't seen the sun in months. The blonde had come into the pub the one time with Gary when he asked for me to be put on the night shift and the mint-haired one had been there in the booth during that shift.

"Are these guys gonna be troubling?" I ask, balling my hands up into fists just in case.

"Nah. Pretty Boy might be if he's still salty about what you did but the other two are chill," Miriam brushes off with a shrug, walking closer to the members.

They stop talking when they notice Miriam, offering her smiles and nods but when Pretty Boy sees me behind her, he leaps off his bike, glowering darkly. He tries to step closer but Miriam holds her hand up with a glare.

"Don't try anything stupid," she cautions harshly.

"But this bi--"

"Is this the ginger that put you in a pissy mood a few days ago?" the cat-eyed one asks.

"Yes!"

"You obviously deserved whatever insults she gave you," the blonde derides.

Pretty Boy spins around to face him. "You're supposed to be on my side!"