𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 5

The minute I step foot in the pub, Miriam is at my side, dragging me to the staff room. It had been a day since the night shift and I hadn't come in yesterday. This would be the first time Miriam would get to hear what happened directly from me, since I'm sure Tyler said something to her.

"How was it?" she asks once we are in private.

"Didn't Tyler mention anything?" I question.

"He only said that it wasn't too bad but still could've been better. Said I should hear the full story from you," Miriam frowns.

With some hesitation, I begin retelling the events of the shift. I start with Gary's harassment, then Jungkook basically saving me, then Gary coming back, and finish with Jungkook saving me from Gary for the second time. By the end of my explanation, Miriam has balled her hands up into fists and is staring at me with crazed eyes. Honestly, I'd say it looks like she's about to beat my ass instead of Gary's.

"Uh...sorry?"

"Why are you sorry? You're the victim," Miriam grits out.

"Because it looks like you want to punch my teeth in?"

Her features soften instantly and she sighs, putting one hand on her hip while rubbing the other over her face. "Sorry. Gary is an asshole. I was kinda expecting that he'd give you a hard time but it still doesn't make me feel any less angry after hearing what he did."

"Is he seriously like that with all girls?"

"Gary tends to do stuff like that with new girls. He'll probably stay on your tail for a couple of weeks but eventually he gets bored. Despite how he acts, he's very loyal to his wife so normally in public you won't see him acting up--it's usually the other members getting cheeky. And because the gang is close friends with Dan, we can't do much besides indulging them and obeying their inappropriate requests. Paired with the fact that they're gang members and won't have any problem with following us home and hurting us. Or worse."

"Why are they close to him? Was he a member at some point or something?" Although I asked, I highly doubt the answer would be yes. Dan just doesn't seem like the type of person who would do well in a gang. He could be a bit of a pushover and isn't the bravest guy I've met. Imagining him handling a gun was impossible, never mind him throwing a punch at someone.

Miriam looks like she's internally debating with herself about whether she should tell the truth. After a couple more seconds of silence, she caves. "The pub is pretty popular with all sorts of people, both residents and temporary visitors. Dan often either sees people the club is after or he hears rumours. A lot of people that come in will talk about stuff going on in town and the club knows this so they come to Dan for intel."

"They come only for information? Seems like a waste of gas to me."

Miriam shrugs. "They've also known him for a long time. He went to school with a couple of the members, including Kane, so they're kind of close. Sometimes I get the feeling that Dan has them do stuff for him as some form of repayment for his services." She looked at me nervously, pointing a finger right in my face. "You better promise you won't tell any of that to other people. I only know this stuff because I used to be affiliated with the club. No one else knows about this stuff, not even Ty."

"I promise," I vow, placing my hand over my heart.

"Good. Get ready so you can start working then," Miriam says, winking as she turns around and leaves the room.

I quickly get changed into the work uniform and put my stuff away in my locker. As I'm coming out of the staff room, I notice a bunch of people staring out the window, some even standing on their seats. Dan is out trying to calm people down while simultaneously yelling at a bunch of the other employees to get back to work. I come down the hall that leads me straight to the bar. Staring out the window, I notice a familiar brunette and instinctively groan. After taking a closer look, I also catch a glimpse of another Scarlet Knives member who I've never seen before and Tyler outside. The other member has light brown hair that's a little messy and a very slim face. It seems he likes to spend a lot of time in the sun since his skin is a dark caramel colour, which stands out when compared to the other two men around him.