𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 2

When I arrive at the pub, Tyler is waiting outside on his phone

When I arrive at the pub, Tyler is waiting outside on his phone. I walk right up beside him and shove his shoulder, forcing him back a few steps.

"Let's go, I'm ready."

"Took you long enough. But I understand if you wanted to freshen up. Walking down the street next to me is a lot of pressure I guess," Tyler says smugly with a shrug.

"You're gonna have to fix that ego of yours before I fix your nose, bucko," I quip

"So where do you want to go? I'm thinking about stopping by a coffee shop I visit frequently to get something. I have impeccable taste so I would recommend you get something, too," Tyler expresses his trivial opinion, completely passing over my threat.

"Fine, let's go there."

We begin walking down the sidewalk, observing the different stores and shops as Tyler gives me some background information on them. I already knew about most of the stores and their purposes but it's nice to learn about the owners and such. With Gramsby being a fairly small town, everyone knows everyone so it makes sense that Tyler is so knowledgeable about all these people. A sudden thought crosses my mind when I think about how well Tyler knows all the residents.

"Do you know the Scarlet Knives?" I ask, interrupting his rambling about some jewelry store.

He frowns slightly. "Why? Did you meet one of them?"

"No, I saw their club president, Gary, come into the pub the other day. Miriam told me a bit about them and said I should stay clear of him in particular. I was just wondering if you knew much about them," I reply.

"I see them whenever they decide to come to the pub on a night I have the late shift. I've never known any of the guys personally though, if that's what you were wondering. Miriam is the one you should talk to if that's the case."

"Do you like them or do you think they're all pains in the ass?"

"A lot of people like that there's a group looking out for us citizens, and I guess I can appreciate to an extent the protection they offer. However, there are a few other gangs that they aren't too friendly with and because of that, messes have happened. Brawls have taken place, innocents have accidentally been injured whether it's physically or emotionally. Some of the stuff can be quite traumatizing, y'know? I don't think that part about them is good," the blonde explains.