♡ Part 120: his insult ♡

NEXT DAY (March 28th) [HANAMI DAY, SAKURA'S BIRTHDAY]

(Hanami Day: The first day of spring is called Hanami day. It's tradition to eat Hanami Dango and to walk through Sakura parks to admire the first day of spring) 

TO SAKURA

she glanced towards her mirror and looked over her outfit. a gentle smile smeared onto her lips at the realization that this might make sasuke smile so with a feeling of satisfaction filling her veins, she grabbed her bag and took her leave from her room. she bounced down each step of her stairs and eventually reached her living room. 

sakura: morning, i'm off soon. 

mebuki: happy birthday sakura!

kizashi: you're one year older, you've grown so much!

sakura smiled and hugged her parents as they congratulated her with merriment. green eyes traveled towards a specific masked man who poised himself only a few meters away with a closed eye smile. her smile widened as she let go of her parents made her way to the person who was dearest to her. 

kakashi: happy birthday sakura, you're one year closer to being able to read my icha icha novel. 

she playfully rolled her eyes before jumping into his arms and receiving her biggest hug yet. he held her up in the air and hugged her tightly to let her know that he really was proud and happy for her. 

after all, it was the least he could do after seeing her deal with a troublesome situation with her parents. 

he set her down and removed his mask to give her a small peck onto her forehead, making her smile widen even more. 

mebuki: do you know what sasuke has planned for the two of you today? 

the pinkette proudly shook her head and ran towards her shoes that were set at the door. 

sakura: no but we'll figure it out once we see each other, not everything needs a plan. 

she slipped her shoes and waved her family off before leaving the house with a warm ambiance surrounding her. 

today was bound to be a good day with no tears to spare. 

TO SASUKE

sasuke: move!

naruto: no!

sasuke: move over!

naruto: i said no!

sasuke: i said move!!

the raven pushed his best friend off of the swing and caused him to flop down to the green and bright grass, a little thud coming from the impact. the blonde groaned through pain and rubbed his bottom as he glared up at his best friend. 

naruto: you're so mean, this is why you're hair looks like a duck's butt. 

his annoyed stare turned into a playful one. 

naruto: sakura seems to like it 'ttebayo, so keep it up!

he gave a thumbs up to sasuke before standing to his feet and patting himself down. 

naruto: y'know she's probably really excited for this, but she might be occupied in her head because of her parents. get her to have fun, i know she wants to enjoy this just as much as you do. 

sasuke: i know that already. 

the raven took a seat onto the swing and eyed his surroundings with flattened lips. 

sasuke: i know she's worried, but i won't let it continue. 

naruto: good! you're not so bad after all but i think that i'm still better than you. i mean, that's obvious.