CHAPTER 4

My Hero Academia is owned by Kohei Horikoshi and Shueisha. Published and licensed by Shonen Jump, Viz Media, and Funimation. PLEASE support the official release of this amazing story!!!

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

'Damn it.. what's wrong with me? I feel all light headed and funky.' Ochako holds her head as she continues to watch the movie.

The freckled girl was resting her head on her shoulder, fast asleep.

The boy was also asleep, but on the bed.

She turned her head slowly to get a better look at her hair.
She gently touched it as to not disturb her.

'So soft..' she thought.
'Smells so good....' she trails off as the fresh scent of Izumi's hair invades her nose. So sweet and gentle, it only brought warmth to Ochako's fragile heart.

'She's so naive.. trusting someone like me so fast. Calling me her friend. Gosh I'm such a bitch... Why did I play along?' She thought to herself, a deep sadness taking root in her heart.

'Simple! You care about her!'

'Tch, shut up inner me.. I only care about my family. They're the most important thing in my life. I'm doing this for them.' She tries to convince herself.

'But does that mean you can't do the right thing? It's never too late to change.'

'It's too late for me..'

"Too late.." she inadvertently whispers, waking up the sleeping beauty.

"Too late for what Uraraka?" Izumi asks wiping her sleepy eyes.

"N-Nothing Izu. It's just getting a little late. I should really go back to my apartment." It's not a complete lie.

"Ohh.. well let me walk you! Or b-better yet, why not st-stay the night? You can go back tomorrow!"

Ochako bites her lip 'Why are you so damn nice Izumi??'

"It's totally fine with me! Plus I'm sure my mom wouldn't want us to leave so late at night." Izumi explains.

Ochako sighs "I guess.."

"Yay! I'll go tell my mom. If you need to take a shower, you can borrow some of my clothes..and sorry if it's a bit tight around the ch-chest." She gets up and runs out of the room, leaving the brunette by herself. Along with a sleeping Bakugou of course.

"Ughh what's wrong with me? I can't get attached.." she holds her head in frustration. "I can't involve her in this..maybe I can convince her to quit? Maybe if I...Maybe I can....UGHHH!!!"

"The hell is wrong with you round face!!??" Bakugou shouts annoyed at being woken up.

Uraraka shrieks in surprise, having forgotten that the boy was here as well.

"Nothing! Just..thinking." she replies sheepishly.

"Well think quieter!!" He stands and stretches "Tell Deku I'm going home. Later nerd." He slams the door shut, leaving her alone foreal this time.

She sighs deeply.
"I'm really complicating things..but....she's such a good person. I like the time I spend with her. For the first time in a while, I actually feel happy." She covers her face with her hands, frustrated at her current predicament.

Izumi returns eventually.
"My mom is cool with you staying." She says, now noticing the frustrated Ochako.
"Uraraka what's wrong?" She kneels down and gently puts her hands on Ochako's shoulders.

'There she goes again..worrying about me.' Ochako thought to herself.
She quickly faked a smile and turned to look at Izumi.
"Nothing. Just really tired. You said I could take a shower right? I think that'll help."

Izumi smiles back at her friend.
"Yea! I'll help you find something that fits you."

"Thanks Izu.." Ochako replies standing up.

**In the shower**

'I really have to figure out what to do. If I keep going like this..people could get killed.' Ochako thought to herself.
'Maybe.. I can make a deal with Shigaraki. Spare her and screw the rest.' She sighs 'Like he'd care. He might just try to kill her more just to spite me. God he's such a piece of shit. Why did I ever get involved with him?'

*Knock on the door*

"Hey Uraraka, I made us some Mochi! Well my mom helped me a lot, but that's besides the point. Come out soon so we can eat!"

Ochako can't help but smile "Alright! I'll be out soon."

'I have to make sure she's safe. No matter the cost..I can live with her hating me, but I wouldn't forgive myself if something happened to her. Time to put on my game face.' She finishes and turns off the shower with a small smirk.

*A short while later*

"These are delicious Izu!" Ochako says as she takes another bite.

Izumi blushes slightly "I'm really happy you like them Uraraka."

"Hey, you always use my last name even though I have a nickname for you, just call me Chako."

"R-Really?" Izumi's face lights up.

"Yea, we're friends aren't we?"

"Ok!! Thanks Ch-Chako!"

Ochako gives her a grin "No problem Deku."

"Deku?"

"That's what he called you, it sounds cute. Can I call you that?"

"S-Sure." Izumi blushes further.

"Something wrong?" Ochako asks.

"No..I'm just re-really happy I met you. I've never been good at making friends, and well, I was teased a lot in school. Kacchan always got in trouble for defending me. They always called me Deku, meaning useless..but he gave it a new meaning, he said that it sounded more like you can do it!! Ever since then he's called me that. I guess I'm just really happy to have another friend who cares about me for me." She smiles shyly.

That was it. Her heart just melted again. How did such a sweet girl exist in such a messed up world? So selfless. She was willing to give up any chance she had at passing the test to save her, a stranger basically. She just wanted to be accepted. To be loved for who she was. All she wanted was a friend that cared for her as much as she did for them.

Ochako felt guilty. Guilty that her original plan involved taking advantage of this girl. She felt disgusted with herself. Had she really fallen so low?

She did what felt right.

She put her hands around Izumi and pulled her into a tight hug, surprising the girl.

"I promise from the bottom of my heart, that I'll always be your friend. I promise I'll protect you and care for you to the best of my ability. I'm so thankful to have found you too. My very best friend. My only friend. Thank you."

"Ch-Chako.." Izumi said, being left basically speechless at her friends statement. She returned the hug as fresh tears took root in her eyes. She finally made a new friend.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

This was the turning point. They were oblivious to it now, but they had both made a decision that would affect the rest of their lives. A decision that will set in motion a story about betrayal, love, sacrifice and so much more.

How far will our two heroines go to protect what they love? And will Ochako be able to keep her promise, both to Izumi and her family?

TUNE IN NEXT TIME!!

A/N: I just wanted to take a really quick second to thank the people that have taken the time to read my story so far. Soooo THANK YOU!!!!!
I'll do my best to keep it interesting and to do these characters justice. I'll keep updating as often as I can. Love y'all!