CHAPTER 16

My Hero Academia is owned by Kohei Horikoshi and Shueisha. Published and licensed by Shonen Jump, Viz Media, and Funimation. PLEASE support the official release of this amazing story!!!

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Ochako had looked for what seemed like hours, but there was still no sign of Izumi anywhere, just a trail of carnage and destruction.

"Ugh! Where are you!?!?! DEKU!!!" She shouted, half angry and half scared.

"Chako.." a soft yet sweet voice called from behind her.

She turned quickly and saw Izumi. She was standing there, perfectly intact. Not a scratch on her..which made it hard to explain all the blood.

She felt a knot in her throat and her heart drop all at the same time. She'd found her, but what now?

"Chaaako. You called me, right? Wouldn't it be silly to not say anything after?" She teases with an innocent smile.

This bothered Ochako.. it felt fake. Like something far more sinister layed right beneath it. Another thing that was out of wack..were her eyes. A deep crimson red. They felt cold and distant. Not the warm and welcoming eyes of the Izumi she knew.

"Wh-What happened to you?" Was all she could ask.

"Oh whatever do you mean!?" Izumi teased again, doing a small twirl. "I'm perfect. In fact, I've never felt better." She announces.

"Y-You seem a little off.." she said, trying not to provoke her. "Like your eyes, they look....different."

Understatement of the century.

Her smile turns into a small smirk.

"My eyes? They do say the eyes are the gateway to the soul.." Izumi comments stepping closer to Ochako.

Subconsciously, Ochako takes a step back..

Izumi frowns, "What are you doing?"

"You're not my Izumi. It was All for One wasn't it? He did something to you that day. That's why you're like this!"

Her heart broke further. The greenette couldn't believe what she was hearing. The girl she had feelings for had just rejected her.

"Chako, you said you'd always be there for me.."

"And I am. But this is not you. There's something wrong and we have to find someone that can help you."

'They'll lock you away.' The voice in her head whispered.

She shook her head. "No deal..you just want to lock me up." Izumi lashes back.

"What? I would never! I'm just trying to help you Deku..You're not well." Ochako tries to reason while walking towards her slowly.

"Not..well? Is that what you're calling it?" She asks annoyed.

"Deku please..You're covered in blood.....y-you've been hurting people."

"They started it.. I just ended it. For the first time in my life, I'm taking charge." She says proudly.

Ochako sighs and looks down.
"You're becoming the very thing you hate.."

"W-What?" Izumi is startled.

"A villain." Ochako looks up at her sadly. "You're no better than a villain.." she says seriously.
'I would know.' She thinks to herself.

Izumi is taken aback. "I'm n-not a villain!! Those assholes had it coming! They were bullying me! Trying to take advantage of me!! Of my mom! I won't let it happen anymore!" She shouts as One for All reacts with her spiked emotions and powers her up.