CHAPTER 21

My Hero Academia is owned by Kohei Horikoshi and Shueisha. Published and licensed by Shonen Jump, Viz Media, and Funimation. PLEASE support the official release of this amazing story!!!

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

*OCHAKO'S POV*

They had canceled classes for a while.. it's been....about a week now? Since Izumi has been in a coma. The doctor's can't explain it. By all purposes, she is fine now. Healthy even....

Her burns have been healing too. They don't look nearly as bad as they did originally. It pained me to see her like this though.. so vulnerable and fragile. What's worse was the fact I couldn't do anything about it. I was stuck as a bystander. Only able to watch as she grew thinner every day..

Damn it all......I miss you so much..Izumi.

*TIMESKIP*

It had been two weeks now and it seemed Izumi would wake up soon. I couldn't wait to see her up and about.. well, see her from afar. I know she hates me. I understand why she hates me. It's my fault she's like this. I drew the villain's gaze on her. Because of me..

But I don't have time for that now. No time to deal with all of these emotions.

I walked through the front doors to the front desk.

"Uraraka-san, back to visit Ms. Midoriya?" Rachel asked as she typed away on her computer.

I smiled shyly and nodded. I had come by every day..multiple times a day..for hours at a time.

"You're an amazing friend. Well, go right ahead, just sign in first. You know the drill." She says politely.

I nodded again, feeling a bit down from receiving a compliment I genuinely didn't deserve.

After I signed in, I made my way to her room. I knocked, hoping she would answer, but knowing that only silence would follow.

I walked in. "Good morning Izumi. I'm back again." I walled over to the couch and placed my things down, before taking a few laid out bandages and gauze.

The nurses had been kind enough to teach me how to change her bandages. How to properly clean her and sanitize the burns, before putting the new bandages on.

I was happy to do it and enjoyed it too. It was the least I could do. I would always tell her about my day and how much everyone missed her. Especially Katsuki..

He hadn't been the same after that day. He was..angrier than usual. If that was even possible.

He snapped at the slightest thing. Seriously, I'm not joking. Breathing too loud would set him off.

But enough of that.

After I finished making sure she was good, I sat down on the chair next to her and gently held her hand.

"You know that I need you, right? Even if you hate me with all your heart, I still love you. More than anything.. I hope that you'll.....let me be there for you. I promise I'll do anything you want.. No more lies.. Just you and me against the world! So please... wake up...." I couldn't hold it anymore, I had to let it out. So I did.