22: N I G H T M A R E

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y - T W O

Scanning through my surroundings always seemed new to me. All these houses were unexpected, yet, they all looked the same. Vivian was talking to me about what we were going to do. They consisted of talking, watching movies, and maybe go for a swim. It was the middle of fall, I highly doubt we will complete that

Victor starts to slow down now, I turn to see they had a beige house. It was wide with three floors. This was more bigger than my aunt house. He pushes a button that allowed him to enter the gates. The house looked full, there was light in them. Living with my aunt felt dead. There was nothing much, just aunt Celeste and me. Since Brielle hasn't been at home, so most of the time I was in my room.

That wasn't the life I signed up for. Though, I have been spending my time on reading the journal of Esther. I needed to figure out who the person did this, but what if it was just an accident? We really don't know how she died.

The car was made at a stop, there car parked on the drive way. We all get off and begin to make our way towards the front door entrance. Victor opens the door for us. We were greeted by the warmth of the house. The color of the lights were warm and there was many family pictures. Some that weren't Victor or Vivian. I notice there were many beautiful plants. There was a vine plant circling around a huge family portrait.

Suddenly, there was a loud shriek from the kitchen. A tall lady with long dark brown hair walked up to us. She looked exactly like Vivian, they looked like they can be sisters! Her high cheekbones, and had those same eyes like Victor.

Vivian begins talking to her mom in Spanish, both exchanging a few words. Her mom looks at me with intense eyes. Did she hear the stuff they say about me? Did she believe the gossip?

"Hello Mrs. Reyes, I'm Irene Rhodes," I tell her, placing a hand out for her to shake it.

She forces a smile upon her looks, "Yes, I know who you are. Call me Catalina, please. So why are you here?"

I froze on my spot, and I heard snickering from Victor, "Well—umm Vivian invited me to sleep over."

She smiled brightly, "That's all you had to say. Now cheer up, you look frighten like a chicken."

With that she walks away from us. Vivian turns to look at me with an apologetic smile. She grabs my hand and leads me to another room. From there we go up a pair of stairs, reaching to the second floor. She moves to the left, where there was white door.

When she opened the door, it all looked angelic. In the middle of her room stood her bed, around it had white sheer curtains. Her walls were a pale pink. She had white cabinets with a body mirror. Around her bed frame were baby angels with white clouds.

"Settle wherever you like to," Vivian adds as she makes her way to turn on a lamp.

I make my way to the floor, where there was a white rug. It was comfortable and I felt like I would ruin her bed.

She eyes me skeptically, "Are you comfortable sitting there?" I nod my head, laying flat on the ground.

We stayed silent for awhile. Until she looked at me with her doe eyes. "Irene," she whispers. "Victor, he told me something about you."

I glance at her, "What did he tell you?"

Vivian moves to lay next to me, both of our eyes looking up at the ceiling. She slowly turns to look at my eyes. "Who you honestly are, you know, you could've trusted me with that," she whispers to me.

"I guess that's true, but I'm scared," I state.

She raises a brow, "What exactly are you afraid of?"