31: S E A R C H

C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - O N E

I twirl to look at the person who held such venom in their voice. "Brielle, what are you doing here, " I furiously asked her.

She walks forward, "I can ask the same thing to you." She crosses her arms under her chest, trying to create some sort of dominance between us.

I shake my head, "I needed to hide from someone." I blankly stated— it wasn't technically a lie nor the truth.

We stand in silence, she observes me, waiting for me to crumble open. I wasn't going to do so, there wasn't anything for me to reveal. She mostly knew all the stuff I have learned from being here.

When my eyes notice the room I was in, realization had hit me. This was the place I was looking for. I started to notice the table had a familiar mark I've seen, the mark from the seals.

This was the Elite Sinners grouping room.

"Why are you looking like that," Brielle questions when I start to move towards a counter.

I didn't answer her, for I was too focused on the shelves around me. On the wall, there were black and white photos of people wearing preppy uniforms. They all looked the same and looked like mannequins.

"Is there something you're looking for," my cousin questions me once again?

"Yes," I finally tell her so she can stop bothering me.

Something was sticking out from a pile of paper. This object was solid than the flappy paper. It looked like a picture frame, I reached my hand out to grasp onto it.

"Don't touch that," cried Brielle, marching her way towards me.

I didn't listen to her as I slid the frame out from the mountain of papers. Alas, a flow of paper fell to the ground. Creating a mess around both of us.

"See what you did," she mutters, but she doesn't bend down to help pick it up.

No, she tries yanking the frame from my hand. I grasp the frame tighter, pressing it close to my chest. We both move around like monkeys. Tries to take it away from me, while I was holding onto it tightly.

I felt my back hit something hard and felt pain crept my back. There was a loud noise blaring when I turned to see what's going on. I couldn't take my eyes off of it, even Brielle. We were both amazed by what we saw right in front of us.

"Is-is that a secret room," Brielle stutters, slowly moving back from it.

"We'll never know if we don't look into it," I reply to her.

The room was sort of dark that I quickly grabbed my phone. Letting that be my only light source and place my feet to the other side.

"What are you doing, are you crazy," She questions me with such fear laced in her voice. "There could be anyone down there. There could be a hobo or a killer."

I narrow my eyes at her, "Like there wasn't a girl who got murder."

She smacked the back of my head when I walked further in. I mean I wasn't wrong, why would she be afraid to enter a secret room that no one has stepped in since the 1950s? She shouldn't fear since we lived around acres of open trees, where anyone can be hidden in those woods. I smiled when I heard her soft footsteps too. I turn my phone around, to glance at all the things in front of me.