18: V I C T O R L E S S O N

C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N

Throughout the school day, I was avoided by all of them. Vivian hasn't crossed my path. Had I said something to her? I decided to not to push it, since I don't want to ruin what we have. I don't need more enemies then I already have. I grab onto my bag tightly as I begin making my way outside.

"Irene," I heard someone call out my name when I push through the school doors.

I move to the side, to let people out the school doors. Victor moves towards me and I remember what we had to do today.

"How are you feeling Victor?" I question him, putting on a bright smile.

He lets out a laugh, "Honestly, a little scared."

I pat him on his shoulder, "Don't worry, I won't be reckless."

And that was me being truthful. I'm a little scared when it comes to driving, I don't plan on driving anytime soon. Today was only for me to practice for tomorrow, it will just be a one time thing for now.

I'll probably start learning how to drive by the time I'm 25. They say your brain is fully developed by that age. I just don't trust myself or other people driving.

He eyes me skeptically, "I will hold you to your word." With that he places a hand on my shoulder, leading me to the parking lot.

I stop on my tracks, "What about Vivian? How is she going to get home?"

He turns to look at me, "She's getting a ride from Brielle."

With that, I followed him to his car. We were greeted by a bright lime green dodger mustang, the front of the hood was black. Or so I thought because when we get in the car he told me it was a Dodger Challenger. I don't know much about car, so I just nodded as I knew what he meant.

I looked through the passenger window, watching the scenery pass through my eyes. It was like this place was never going to change. It will just be a town no one will hear about, not until you pass through it. It was just a small rich town, nothing to see through.

I was starting to feel homesick, it just doesn't feel right. If Mr. Harrington and aunt Celeste do the plan to send me away. I know for sure, I'll feel sad and alone. Being homesick was the worst to feel, people who comfort you, are the reason you feel at home.

"Penny for your thought?" Victor whisper as we pass the sign that said leaving Stryker, Massassuchets.

I know for today I needed to be nice to him. I couldn't annoy him, since he claims that I do. If I wanted to know the truth about Esther and his situation, I know I needed to play nice.

"Just a little nervous that's it," I reply to him and it was somewhat true.

He lets out a soft laugh, "Are you scare?'"

I shaked my head, I can't let my weakness shine.

Victor rolls his eyes, then slows down when we reached at a empty parking lot. It was big enough for a learner to know the basics. He parks his car, turning to look at me. I felt uncomfortable wearing my skirt and flats. We should've at least changed to some regular clothes.

"Are you ready?" he questions me, his voice was soft. I was suprised by his tone, he never spoke to me in a soft manner.

I let out a sigh, "I guess I'm ready."

He raises a brow, "You guess or are you?" He uses the same analogy as when I wanted to try out for the track team.

I let out a small smile, "I'm ready."