20: R A C E

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y

Feeling hopless is a diesase, you choose the wrong choices for your own sake. You have to put on the crown, you have to regin over your palace. Everything you do is to benefit for your own self, it has always been like that. The seven deadly sins are something that we always look upon, except pride took over my mind.

"I don't believe it, you're crazy!" Vivian shouts at me, everyone in the Elite Sinners knows what's going on today. All their money was being put on a bet to see who the winner is going to be.

We were both sitting next to each other, getting ready for the event. I didn't want to put anything extravagant since it's a race. No one was going to see my outfit, half of the time I will be driving in whoevers car I can.

"I'm not crazy, Vivian," I acknowledge to her as I twirl my necklace around. It was a necklace my mother gave me when I was a child. It was a red rose, the gold stem had my name on it. It will always be my favorite flower.

She scolds me, "What do you think you're going to get out of this?"

"To be able show people I'm not weak as people percive me. To have people know I'm innocent till proven guilty," I tell her honestly, begining to make my way to my mirror, "People are going to drag me, until they find out who actually done it."

She sighs, making her way towards me, our reflections plastered across the mirror, "Even if you do abusrd things and try to win people's heart. There will always be an opinion you can never win over."

Vivian lightly pats my shoulder, giving me a tight hug. We start to get ready, noticing that the sun was starting to set. Soon enough, the sky will be pitch black with nothing but the stars. I put on my black pants, then putting a purple turtle neck that clung onto my skin. I tuck my shirt in my pants, finally putting on my black leather jacket. I turn to see what Vivian wore, she put on a short pink velvet dress, with white tights. She looked aboustely stunning!

"Ready," she questions me as she fumbles around with her fingers. I nod my head, quickly putting on my black converse while Vivian put on her white doc martens.

Once we were done putting on our shoes, we race downstairs to meet up with Victor. My eyes watched the way he sat down, his leg bouncing up and down. He must have kept pushing his hair because it was all ruffled up.

"We are ready for Irene's, stupid act," Vivian claims, finally putting on her beige trench coat.

I let Vivian sit on the passenger seat while I sat in the back. My mind was wondering on about Victor, what am I suppose to do? I was begining to see him as a friend, can I break the trust of his?

I looked at the stars that were visible now, they shone so bright. Was my mom's star there, watching my every move, my every mistake? The car begins to slow down as we made it to a certian part of town.

This part of town was somewhat empty, it had long straight roads, with a few curves. All of that circled back to the begining. We were only having three rounds for Owen and I's race. I was nervous to see how this will come out.

"Vivian, go out while I stay here and talk to Irene," Victor mentions to his sister, when she left, he put his attention towards me. "I have a plan, you're going to be driving my car. I'll be sitting here on the passenger seat to help you."

"Hopefully, I don't crash your car. I bet you got the best insurance they can offer," I jokingly say, forcing a smile.

How could I lie to him? The way he smiled, he looked so innocent.

"I wouldn't let that happened, as I said Irene, I want to protect you," he sheepishly looks at me. "And my father wouldn't pay for my car, so take great care of it."

_______________________

The cool air breeze hits my face as I was standing next to Owen. He had a profound smirk, having his arm twirl around my cousin. It looked like he had won some trophy that he wouldn't let anyone near it.

"Drivers, proceed to your cars," a tall boy, name Ritichie states.

I look out at the crowd to look for Victor, he was nowhere out there. That conformed he was in the car already, ready for me enter the driver seat. I turn to the car, noticing that Brielle and Owen kiss each other passionately, so they must be commited with each other.

When I was inside the green car, I felt the warmth of the car and seat. Right beside me, I felt the presence of Victor Reyes. I turn to give him a small smile, this is it.

I stare in front of me, there standing stood a beautiful girl. She had big puffy hair with a black attire. The girl raises her hand, clutching onto a red cloth.

My hand lands on the gear shift, preparing to move it to drive. When the girl drops her hand, I quickly move it. I now pressed onto the gas pedal like my life depended on it.

The roar of the engine alighted me, but seeing Owen in the lead gave me a bad feel. I loathed him for that, I tail behind his car.

There was a spot wide enough for me to go in. Pressing on the pedal, I begin making my way in the lead.

"Be careful!" Victor shouts at me, his attention on the reviewer mirror.

I notice he was tailing behind me, close enough to the car that wasn't mine. I look at how fast I was going, I needed to speed up a little. Though I notice soon enough there will be a small curve.

I slow down my speed, "Don't stop when taking the curve," Victor reminds me as we were heading to the curve.

Except that's what I did, this resulted to Owen being in front of me.

"A sharp turn, Irene." He mentions as I start to catch up to Owen.

I tighten my grip on the steering wheel. The pavement was rocking, it was difficult to see. The night was gleaming with bright stars. I quickly pressed on the pedal as I was now in front of him.

Suddenly, I was now in front. We were now reaching the start line, our new round starting. Along the way, we have been stealing each other lead. There was moments Victor yelled at me.

I quickly press on the brake, I had enough of it.

"Stop yelling at me, at each error I have done!" I shout at him, my eyes glazing his.

"I'm trying to help you, to help you win!" He shouts back at me, his eyes looking at me furiously.

I bit my lip, Owen is probably in his last round. While I was stuck in my 2nd.

"I don't need your help, Victor," I bit back at him. "I think you should get off."

He scoffs at me, "You want me to get out of my own car?"

I nod my head, "That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm sorry Victor, but I have to do this on my own." I lightly whisper the last words, "I can't let you protect me."

Victor gets off his car, I quickly step on the gas pedal. My mind was running wild with thoughts. I can't let him protect me, especially about what Louis offered me.

I can't let him, even when I was going to stab his back. I was going to ruin Victor and I's friendship to protect my own sake. There was a voice in my head, telling me not to do such a thing.

To only survive this, is to have people care and trust for you.

^_____________________^
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!
I'm posting two chapters today. This chapter would have been long, but I decided to cut it.

I hope you guys have a nice day or night.

Happy New Years Eve! Hopefully 2021 will be a better year than 2020!