Simple: Chapter 28

A few weeks pass and things have definitely calmed down. Waking up in the morning wasn't so difficult, and getting out of bed didn't feel like such a chore.

     I ate breakfast with Present Mic every morning, and Aizawa joined us when he got home earlier than usual.

     They didn't seem as tired anymore. Present Mic returned to his usual energy level, and Aizawa wasn't so short with the class.

     Today is Monday, November ninth. Nothing significant, but the Sports Festival is in a couple months.

     And holy fuck, do I need to hit the gym.

     When I look in the mirror, I don't see my ribs as much as I used to be able to, which is an excellent sign. I've been eating more, definitely, and thanks to Present Mic, I've added on a couple pounds so I'm not so much skin and bone, like I was when I lived with my mom and dad.

     That's another thing, too. I can talk about my mom without almost throwing up. I can talk about my dad without crying.

     I've definitely gotten a lot closer with Yamada and Aizawa. Yamada actually gave me explicit permission to call him his name, though we compromised and I simply call him Yamada, instead of Hizashi.

     I slipped up and called Aizawa "dad" once. I don't think I made eye contact with him for about a week.

     Nemuri hangs out at the house more, since the holidays are around the corner and those three are really close. She even asked me what I wanted for Christmas, and I had told her I had never celebrated before.

     She wasn't happy about that.

     Present Mic brought up my affinity for baking, and that lead to me talking for an extended period of time about my interests and hobbies.

     I like art and baking. I like most things yellow, like sunflowers. Also the bracelets and earrings from Hot Topic, and reading, and all things coffee.

     Nemuri typed lists into her phone, and I decided to stop talking soon after.

     I had never talked so long without being interrupted. It made my chest warm, though I felt nervous.

     I had also never gone so long without feeling the heavy weight in my chest that came complementary with living in my dad's house.

***

     The final bell rings right as I walk into the classroom. Aizawa is sitting at his desk, and the desks are empty, except for a blonde boy with a tail.

     "(Y/N), you're on cleaning duty today with Ojirou," he says and points at the boy, who waves politely, "and Kirishima, he'll be back soon. He went to get some supplies."

     "Alright, got it," I say as I walk to the back of the room and open the broom closet. I grab out a few brooms and mops, along with a bunch of rags.

     Ojirou and I start cleaning desks, and when we're about halfway through, Kirishima comes back with a cart of cleaning products.

     "I'll start on the windows," he says. We nod.

     A few more minutes pass and we finish the desks, and I move to the chalkboard. I pick up the eraser and start erasing Aizawa's handwriting.

     After a few seconds, I feel something hit my shoulder. I look, and there's nothing, so I continue cleaning.

     A minute passes and something else hits me, then I hear it hit the ground. I look down, and there's two pieces of chalk.

     I look at Kirishima and Ojirou, and they're working together to get higher up on the windows.