AIZAWA BIRTHDAY SPECIAL

This chapter can also be called: I Will Never Forgive Myself for Forgetting, so Here's Something I Wrote in Several Hours 💖

And also: I Hate Myself So You Don't Have To

And also also: I Spent 8 Hours Writing This, It's Not Murder if I Ask You To Kill Me

Also note, this is not in the exact timeline as the rest of the story, this is its own thing BUT with the same character that's been used in this story. So still the traumatized, Aizawa's-Daughter-That-Isn't-His-Daughter character.

So this did happen at one point, but not directly after chapter 21.

***

Present Mic walks into the kitchen as I pour cake mix into a baking pan.

"Wow, you're up really early. What's going on?"

"I'm making a cake."

"Oh? What for?"

I hold the bowl upright and look at him nervously. His hair is down and he's wearing a white long-sleeved shirt with black sweatpants. "It... is Aizawa's birthday, isn't it? I thought I got the date right..."

"Oh, oh, yes, you did," he laughs. "I didn't realize anyone other than the teachers knew his birthday."

"It's probably just me," I say, turning around and pouring the last of the cake batter into the pans. "I saw it when we went to the doctor's and he had to fill out something. I remembered it and decided I wanted to pay him back in some way. You, too, of course, but I'm not sure when your birthday is. Though you're pretty popular, so I bet it's on the internet somewhere."

He's quiet for a minute before mumbling, "Probably." Then he's next to me and looking over my shoulder. "So what kind is it?"

"Well, it was a surprise so I couldn't ask him, he'd be suspicious. And, no offense, but I didn't want you to tell him accidentally so I didn't ask you, either. So, I decided to make chocolate cake with strawberry marbling. Do you think that'll be fine?"

"I know he'll love it no matter what it is." I can practically hear his grin. "I think he forgets that his face doesn't always show how happy he is."

I smile as I grab the small bowl of strawberry cake mix, pouring it in simple designs on the top of the chocolate mix. I take the toothpick I had gotten out earlier and drag it around in the mixes, letting the strawberry fall into the empty space.

Just as I throw out the toothpick, the timer on top of the oven goes off. I quickly turn it off and open the oven, reaching in to grab the pan.

"Y/N!" Present Mic yells and I jump back, looking at him. "Your hands!"

I look at them and, oh, I'm not wearing oven mitts.

"Kinda forgot about that," I mumble and Present Mic looks like he's about to have a heart attack. He quickly hands me a pair of oven mitts from the drawer next to him.

I slip them on and reach into the oven, pulling out the cookie sheet of cat-shaped sugar cookies.

"Wait, but those are really cute," he laughs as he picks up the cake pan.

"I'm gonna cover them in white chocolate with pink food coloring and stick them on the top of the cake. And then I'm gonna write 'happy birthday' with white icing. I have other things planned, but it's a surprise."

"(Y/N), you're so talented! I didn't know you liked any of this stuff."

I turn a light pink and shrug. "I've watched a lot of videos. I can only pray that it tastes alright. And that these come out like I want them to."