Structure: Chapter 46

As soon as we get in the car, Yamada tells Aizawa all about the situation with Kaminari and his troubles with his schoolwork.

"I think Kaminari needs someone to help him study," I speak up.

Yamada turns in the passenger seat as Aizawa pulls out onto the main road.

"I thought he was in a study group with Yaoyorozu, Midoriya, Kirishima, and a few others?"

I shrug. "I don't know about all that, but I think he needs individual help. Like a tutor, or just one-on-one time with a peer."

Aizawa hums. "If only we knew a kid with great grades who already knew about Kaminari's situation and was willing to help him."

I mumble, "Yeah."

After a few seconds of silence, I look towards the front and find Aizawa looking at me in the rear view mirror, less than impressed, and Yamada still in the same position but completely deadpan.

Oh.

"I can't do it!" I defend.

"And why not?" Aizawa asks, stopping at a stop light.

"I- He- I'm not," I pause, trying to find a good excuse. To my utter dissatisfaction, I find none, but Aizawa seems smug, so I groan. "We're not even friends."

"That's probably better for him," Aizawa says honestly. "If he were with a friend, he'd probably get distracted. If it's you, you have no problem keeping him on track, right?"

I groan again. "I don't know. I guess... I can try."

Yamada grins. "We'll have a discussion with him about it tomorrow."

"We being who?" I ask skeptically.

"Just the three of us, maybe some of his other teachers. Is that alright with you?"

I sigh. "Well. A classmate of mine needs help. It's not like I'm just gonna ignore him."

Yamada cheers, turning back around in his seat. "You're amazing, kiddo!"

Why is everyone saying that lately?

***

Aizawa helps me up the front steps, then we both collapse on the couch.

Yamada sighs. "Didn't realize I had four cats. Also, how'd you get my ABBA shirt?"

"It was in my laundry," I mumble, lifting my head up just enough to be heard against the couch. "Sorry."

I sit up and Yamada ruffles my hair from behind the couch, which makes me smile a little.

I pull my phone from my backpack and open my messages, finding Kirishima's contact.

Depresso: hey I need Kaminari's number

I set my phone down on my lap and flip back onto the couch, hitting my head on Aizawa's stomach, to which he responds with a winded "oof."

     My phone pings and I groan.

     "Who're you ignoring?" Aizawa mumbles.

     "No one, I texted Kirishima so I can get in touch with Kaminari."

     "You're gonna let him know today?"

     "Figured I might as well warn him. Don't know why I decided to do it now, since my social battery is so low that I wanna throw up at the thought of talking to anyone out of my normal social circle."